Separation INTRODUCTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separation INTRODUCTION

This is my intro to my article which will be some 3,000 + words. I plan to explain as much as I can.

--
    The Doctrine of Separation

Separation is a heavlily-neglected practice among evangelicals and Charismatics, while itís the doctrine that separates Fundamentalists from the bunch. I grew up evangelical and almost never heard this doctrine being taught and the many evangelical and Charismatics that I have spoken with know little about this doctrine and do not take separation seriously. I asked the opinion of separation on an evangelical Internet discussion board and received little if any feedback. One poster said that separation is a tough subject to interpret and he had to pray about interpreting the various verses that speak on separation. This is a ridiculous assertion with little merit from the scriptures which are very black and white on its teachings on separation. The Bible commands Christians to practice separation in three areas and they are from the world, false teachers, and disobedient brethren. In this article will I be explaining the three types of separation as explained in the Bible. All scripture quotations unless otherwise indicated will be from the King James Version (KJV).

Originally posted by poochie View Post
    This is my intro to my article which will be some 3,000 + words. I plan to explain as much as I can.

--

Separation is a heavlily-neglected practice among evangelicals and Charismatics, while itís the doctrine that separates Fundamentalists from the bunch. I grew up evangelical and almost never heard this doctrine being taught and the many evangelical and Charismatics that I have spoken with know little about this doctrine and do not take separation seriously. I asked the opinion of separation on an evangelical Internet discussion board and received little if any feedback. One poster said that separation is a tough subject to interpret and he had to pray about interpreting the various verses that speak on separation. This is a ridiculous assertion with little merit from the scriptures which are very black and white on its teachings on separation. The Bible commands Christians to practice separation in three areas and they are from the world, false teachers, and disobedient brethren. In this article will I be explaining the three types of separation as explained in the Bible. All scripture quotations unless otherwise indicated will be from the King James Version (KJV).

It also talks about love, mercy and reconcilation.

Comment

--

Separation is a heavlily-neglected practice among evangelicals and Charismatics, while it’s the doctrine that separates Fundamentalists from the bunch. I grew up evangelical and almost never heard this doctrine being taught and the many evangelical and Charismatics that I have spoken with know little about this doctrine and do not take separation seriously. I asked the opinion of separation on an evangelical Internet discussion board and received little if any feedback. One poster said that separation is a tough subject to interpret and he had to pray about interpreting the various verses that speak on separation. This is a ridiculous assertion with little merit from the scriptures which are very black and white on its teachings on separation. The Bible commands Christians to practice separation in three areas and they are from the world, false teachers, and disobedient brethren. In this article will I be explaining the three types of separation as explained in the Bible. All scripture quotations unless otherwise indicated will be from the King James Version (KJV).

well poochie.

that is a cheap shot. I am sure there is alot of other very important doctrines that i hold to, that you probably have not given a thought of day.

bennie
      Last edited by bennie; Dec 22nd 2008, 12:09 AM. Reason: removed un necesary coment

Comment

--

P.S. you have a grammer typo.

Comment

If this is planned as an academic article for your college work, I advise you to take all the personal stuff out of it. Stylistically that's not a good way to go in academic writing, and I agree the poke at bennie (if that's who you mean) is unnecessary and unpleasant.

Comment

I have sent you both 'friendship' requests.

I liked the original post and was interested in hearing more. When someone is prepared to study on any bible subject and then share, i am grateful.

PsPickle - i understand that you may have valid comments to add to the topic for balance, but please allow poochie to give us the full essay first.

Bennie - also please wait for the full message from the original poster and don't react even if you feel it may be valid.

Let's do this topic with Love, or one of our friendly moderators may need to step in. They are very fair, but also firm. SofTy.
            1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

One thing that often gets lost in the fuss on this kind of study... what is the world? It certainly isn't entertainment, hair cuts, clothing, etc. But for some reason, it often gets defined that way.
              Matt 9:13
              13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
              NASU

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                One thing that often gets lost in the fuss on this kind of study... what is the world? It certainly isn't entertainment, hair cuts, clothing, etc. But for some reason, it often gets defined that way.
                true. the world is not style, entertainment or media. The "world" is a way of thinking and living that is contrary to God's. The world is not people as individuals but a way of living that is wrong

I have loose-"friends" (aquantences) who are fornicators, drunkards, and other things. But i do not participate in or condone their "worldliness". However that does not mean if they need help fixing a pipe in their house that i will refuse to associate with them. If they are in a crisis i will try to help them, and all along the way i will tell them of their need for the beautiful Savior and to turn from their foolish life and really live the life they were made for with Jesus

people confuse associating with sinners to committing sin with them

they did the same to jesus. just because he was around drunkards and talked and communicated with them they said he was a drunkard too.

this is an error in the doctrine of seperation. We are seperated and sanctified by Jesus and His word. We are seprate because of our ways of living. We are not seperate physically. Sinners are everywhere. You want to avoid sinners, either pray that God takes u up like enoch or just commit suicide and go to heaven because sinner will be on this Earth till Jesus returns

Some people who claim we should never associate with sinners are actually the biggest cowards

they are afraid to have to be patient with someone in the face of their sin

they are afraid to really show genuine love in which you lay down your life for you enemy

they are afraid to befriend someone who is not like them. They dont want to deal with those "filthy people"

i got news for you. YOU ARE A SINNER. you are forgiven, but we are all sinners. Thats why Christ died. accepting christ doesnt mean:

"ok now i am a clean guy everyone else is filthy i gotta stay away"

no, you are still filthy in your own righteousness

you are righteouss because God has given you His own righteousness in Christ.

just as you needed to be saved, so do they

it takes more love to be a friend to someone who does not know God, and commit to being a light for the gospel in their life, than just track-bombing or corner preaching to random people

it will have greater effect if sinners are allowed in your presence to observe your lifestyle.

WHen Jesus taught, guess who was always coming to hear him?
                greedy crooked tax collectors, prostitutes, and all kinds of wrongdoers were ATTRACTED TO JESUS'S TEACHINGS.

when you teach, do sinners come up to you to hear? or do you go up to them and point the finger? are they coming to hear you? or are you GOING to tell them?

Jesus walked around teaching. Sometimes sinners invited him over to party and he accepted.

If a sinner invited an extreme fundamentalist to a party today the fundamentalist would be offended and command them to repent on the spot.

Yes, we tell everyone to repent, but we do it with love. What greater love than to show them love even as they are unrepentant.

Jesus said, if you LOVE me, keep my commandments

we try to force people to obey someone they don't love.

If you are obeying christ but not in love with him you should check your heart, you may just be a modern day pharisee, knowing the Word but not seeing the lloving merciful God behind it.

the gospel is not: CLEAN UP YOUR ACT

the gospel is: you can never be good enough to be acceptable. So God died in your place to pay the penalty for all your sin even though he didnt have to. He did it because of His love and mercy. Now turn from your godless life to Him and he will forgive you through faith. You do not have to be good to earn it. Rather you should be good because he has given this great gift

We obey and serve because we have been saved

we dont obey and serve so we can be saved

Comment

Originally posted by ServantofTruth View Post

I liked the original post and was interested in hearing more. When someone is prepared to study on any bible subject and then share, i am grateful.

PsPickle - i understand that you may have valid comments to add to the topic for balance, but please allow poochie to give us the full essay first.

Bennie - also please wait for the full message from the original poster and don't react even if you feel it may be valid.

Let's do this topic with Love, or one of our friendly moderators may need to step in. They are very fair, but also firm. SofTy.

Please excuse me for the interruption. I assumed since he closed his post he wanted comments in return.

Comment

Poochie are you at it again?

We love dialogue here not monologues.
                    We love to discuss and not be preached at
                    We love to interact and not stand on the side lines reading novels.
                    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
                      Poochie are you at it again?

We love dialogue here not monologues.
                      We love to discuss and not be preached at
                      We love to interact and not stand on the side lines reading novels.
                      Now I am confused. Do we respond or do we wait for the monologue to end and then respond? This is Bible Chat, is it not? I don't know if you guys are teaching or what.

Comment

Yeah I usually do my draft but usually my original drafts have errors. But thanks for pointing them out. The article should be done soon and I have the time to work on it, as I am on vacation.

Originally posted by bennie View Post
                        P.S. you have a grammer typo.

Comment

Poochie, I have no theological education, let alone a Masters in Theology. I don't know a whole lot of formal theology. What I do know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, is this:
                          1 - Jesus ate with sinners, He was not an elitist. He did not separate Himself from sinners, He sought them out to talk to them about the way it SHOULD be.

2. - The Roman Catholic church created monasteries for their clergy. The theory behind that particular separation was laudable but it kept the church so far removed from the regular Joe, it simply did not work.

In my opinion, we are to be IN the world but not OF the world and we are to "judge" and therefore interact with the unsaved differently than we are our brothers and sisters.

Thank you for reading -
                          V
                          Last edited by VerticalReality; Dec 22nd 2008, 03:48 AM. Reason: Too Personal
                          I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
                          - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

To be honest with you I had no idea who made that comment. But regardless it was generalized and I made no specifics.

No this is not for a class but for my website where I am the editor and author. But I do expect quality and why this is only a small introduction and the rest of the article will be finished by the time I leave back for school. I plan to write 3,000 + words.

Originally posted by Bethany67 View Post
                            If this is planned as an academic article for your college work, I advise you to take all the personal stuff out of it. Stylistically that's not a good way to go in academic writing, and I agree the poke at bennie (if that's who you mean) is unnecessary and unpleasant.

Comment

I accepted your request. Thanks for this post. The article should be finished by the 5th of January if not sooner.

Originally posted by ServantofTruth View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X