Do you think Judas went to Heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Judas went to Heaven?

I know that he was posessed by Satan. I wondered if he was in Heaven though. There's some verse (I'll have to look it up later) where Jesus is talking to his disciples, and said something about them being in Heaven with him. I know that sounds kind of vague, but I will have to look it up.

I believe that he did repent by throwing the money back. He had a repentant heart, and I hope that he did recieve forgiveness.

Throwing money back isn't repentance, especially when it is followed by hanging oneself. Judas easily could have called out to the Lord for forgiveness but did not. In contrast Peter was restored after denying His Lord.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

I don't believe he did; Jesus says that he was lost:

While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled. John 17:12

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowWolf View Post
        I know that he was posessed by Satan. I wondered if he was in Heaven though. There's some verse (I'll have to look it up later) where Jesus is talking to his disciples, and said something about them being in Heaven with him. I know that sounds kind of vague, but I will have to look it up.

I believe that he did repent by throwing the money back. He had a repentant heart, and I hope that he did recieve forgiveness.
        Does it say he was filled by satan? I don't remember that. I see Judas in the same light as Pharaoh. The heart hardened so events would bring glory to God. Remember, Judas was spoken of in Psalms, not by name but by deed. (I think it was Psalms) He was appointed to a purpose. Maybe he is given a second chance?

Remember what it says of Messiah, that he "went and preached to those once disobediant in the days of Noach." Seeing there are "mortals" in the millenial reign, MAYBE God's grace is greater than we even imagine. Maybe those in Noach's day, maybe people like Judas, are given another chance.

Just remember...I said MAYBE.

Peace.
        Ken

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowWolf View Post

Did Judas go to heaven? Absolutely not. There's 2 concepts taught in Scripture...being saved..being lost. The Scriptures state that Judas was lost. That is the opposite of being saved. That only leaves lost as the final conclusion in regards to Judas' fate.

Comment

The idea of Judas going to heaven, i believe, is part of writings outside of the bible. Which makes those writings, almost, valueless. Unless you believe stuff like ................. (i'm not even going to write it).

Some people don't seem to be able to get past, everyone going to heaven. This sounds similar, Judas, being chosen by our Lord, must have always been good, even working under his instructions when he betrayed him. This is obviously complete nonsense.

In my biblical opinion - he is lost. SofTy.
            1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

Satan entered Judas a little prior to the last supper.
              Luke 22:3-6: "Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot, who was of the number of the twelve. he went away and conferred with the chief priests and officers how he might betray him to them. And they were glad, and agreed to give him money. So he consented and sought an opportunity to betray him to them in the absence of a crowd." (ESV)

It does say that Judas repented...sort of. There are a couple of Greek words that are translated as "repent". One means "to think differently", or "to have a change in how one exercises the mind" (the word mind in Greek is "nous", which is mind, intellect): repent. The other means "to care differently", or have a change in how you feel toward something: to regret.

In the case of Judas, he regretted what he did, but he did not have a change of mind. He did not truly repent. There was no true change in him, other than his emotions. His actual orientation toward the whole thing remained the same.

The Psalm that speaks of Judas is Psalm 109 (and less explicately in Psalm 69). It says a lot about the character of Judas, and it is far from favorable.

Comment

As I have studied on this particular subject in depth I have learned that there are far more scripture to support Judas than there are to condemn him. Scripture in mind, everything that has and is to come is by the will of God. Judas was predestined to fulfill his role in God's plan. It is written that Satan entered his heart the fact remains that Judas was born to be used as an instrument God. If Satan is the one or was in control of Christ's death then Satan has victory over God.

Judas could be condemned by God but I believe the condemnation comes from man. The reason why I say this is that on the 12 seats next the throne of God is where the 12 apostles will sit in judgment of the 12 tribes of Israel. From my count and backed by scripture there are 14 apostles yet only 12 seats. The original 12 apostles were called out by Christ's own voice. Matthias was chosen by casting lots and Paul's claim is through conversion. I am of the mind that those called by Jesus personally will be those who will sit in Judgment of Israel not any other. The book of John tells us that whatever God has given over to Christ that He Christ should not lose one. Though scripture might say Judas is lost it is Christ who decides not any of us. Judas was and I still believe is counted among Christ's sheep. Scripture also supports that Judas and Jesus had loving relationship even though Christ knew what was to come.

If anyone of us who was predestined as Judas was, would it have been better that we not be born so that our preordained act would never to occurred? I believe it so! Scripture condemns Judas but we see not where Christ condemned him in the least and neither should we. If it weren't for Judas where would or how could Grace be upon us? We would still be under the condemnation of the Law and unable to be Justified by it. So taking into totality of Judas's deeds his purpose was the only way to reconcile man back to God.

Again I point out the increase of knowledge in the end time and it being knowledge of God's purpose and will and not the increase of knowledge contained in this world.

Voice
                Last edited by voicenthewildernes; Dec 25th 2008, 03:21 PM. Reason: Spelling and phrasing

Comment

... It's an interesting subject and one that is worthy of meditation and the true answer is easily found... in Heaven. I, personally, have always believed that Judas is awaiting the second resurection but if I'm wrong it shan't condemn me to Hell.

Comment

By trying to pay money back and hang himself, Judas demonstrates a mindstate that does not understand the forgiveness that comes in Jesus and His redemptive work. Had he understood this, he would understand that Christ would take the punishment for his sin, instead of trying to punish himself. Judas was trying to pay his sin debt. we know that we cannot do this, only Jesus can. Judas demonstrates a lack of this knowledge. If you knew you could not pay back your sin, and that the Son of God would on your behalf, why would you hang yourself? also notice how he is always called the son of perdition and spoken of as a cursed being.

It isnt impossible that as he hung himself he repented and believed right before he died but id say it is hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighly unlikely. if you are in a position where Satan can fill your heart i think you are pretty jacked up apart from the supernatural work of God doing sommething to you

Comment

Originally posted by crossnote View Post
                      Throwing money back isn't repentance, especially when it is followed by hanging oneself. Judas easily could have called out to the Lord for forgiveness but did not. In contrast Peter was restored after denying His Lord.
                      I don't know if he is in Heaven or not. But feeling so bad about something that he did, that he committed suicide, might be considered remorse. He certainly had some issues with faith. If this board is any indication of how Christians feel, it would seem that some doubts in the faith department are not all that uncommon.

Comment

I don't understand how it could be possible for Judas to ask for forgiveness for something that he did not do yet?

I have run into many of folks who claim that it is possible to ask for forgiveness for something before you do it....but that would be like telling God this.

God....I'm going to rob a bank today so forgive me for it

This to me makes no sense at all. If I was planning on doing something that is against God....I'm sure God would let me know that it was not right. He would have to....He Loves me too much to let me do something that is wrong, and Him not try to stop me. Know whether or not I choose to listen to what God says is a different story all together. But I don't believe that God would not do something.

We have proof of that with Peter. When Peter denied Jesus three times....Peter could have done the same thing that Judas did...but Peter instead choose to listen to what God was telling him...rather then what satan was telling him. Judas did not. He choose to listen to satan instead.

Judas was a follower of Christ just as Jesus was. Judas was among those who Jesus sent out 2 by 2 to teach the gospel. I believe that Judas know just as much as Peter did when it came to what Jesus stood for.

So do I believe that Judas is in heaven...No. Why? Because I can't see how Judas could be forgiven for something that he could not repent for in the first place.

God Bless,

Dave
                        In Christ Love

BCF

2 Peter 1:20-21:

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation. For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

Search and believe the Scripture, before you believe anything man tells you.

Comment

Jesus Himself said Judas was lost and doomed to destruction, and He should know; that's pretty clear to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BCF View Post
                            I don't understand how it could be possible for Judas to ask for forgiveness for something that he did not do yet?

I have run into many of folks who claim that it is possible to ask for forgiveness for something before you do it....but that would be like telling God this.

God....I'm going to rob a bank today so forgive me for it

This to me makes no sense at all. If I was planning on doing something that is against God....I'm sure God would let me know that it was not right. He would have to....He Loves me too much to let me do something that is wrong, and Him not try to stop me. Know whether or not I choose to listen to what God says is a different story all together. But I don't believe that God would not do something.

We have proof of that with Peter. When Peter denied Jesus three times....Peter could have done the same thing that Judas did...but Peter instead choose to listen to what God was telling him...rather then what satan was telling him. Judas did not. He choose to listen to satan instead.

Judas was a follower of Christ just as Jesus was. Judas was among those who Jesus sent out 2 by 2 to teach the gospel. I believe that Judas know just as much as Peter did when it came to what Jesus stood for.

So do I believe that Judas is in heaven...No. Why? Because I can't see how Judas could be forgiven for something that he could not repent for in the first place.

God Bless,

Dave
                            As an accepter of the gift of salvation (Thank you Jesus), are the sins that I am going commit (ones that right now I have no intention or knowledge of) from this moment forward (as long as the Lord gives me) forgiven? I believe they are.

Again I have no idea about Judas. That is up to God.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              As an accepter of the gift of salvation (Thank you Jesus), are the sins that I am going commit (ones that right now I have no intention or knowledge of) from this moment forward (as long as the Lord gives me) forgiven? I believe they are.

Again I have no idea about Judas. That is up to God.

Yes....that's right. And I understand what you are saying. But.....I find a scripture that was taught by Jesus himself to Judas and all of His disciples at the time.

We find it in John 14:6-7 where it says:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."

It is for this reason that I say what I say my friend. Judas knew this, and also went out and taught this to people when Jesus sent them out 2 by 2.

So we cannot say that Judas did not know that what he was going to do was wrong. He know that he was not going to get to the Father unless it was through Jesus. He knew this and taught this...himself.

God Bless,

Dave
                              In Christ Love

BCF

2 Peter 1:20-21:

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation. For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

Search and believe the Scripture, before you believe anything man tells you.

Comment

Working...
                              X