Genesis 1:28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Genesis 1:28

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

of course we know that "re" placed in front of any word means to do over.

What in your opinions had happen to the earth initially for it to have to be replenished?
    It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

It was destroyed.

Look at Genesis 1:2 - "Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

Remember, God said the same thing to Noah
    We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

Comment

Some of the bones of dinosaurs are 68 million years old

The 67-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton known as Sue stands on display at Union Station on June 7, 2000, in Washington, D.C.

Today's knowledge of fossil ages comes primarily from radiometric dating, also known as radioactive dating. Radiometric dating relies on the properties of isotopes. These are chemical elements, like carbon or uranium, that are identical except for one key feature -- the number of neutrons in their nucleus.

Usually, atoms have an equal number of protons and neutrons. If there are too many or too few neutrons, the atom is unstable, and it sheds particles until its nucleus reaches a stable state. Think of the nucleus as a pyramid of building blocks. If you try to add extra blocks to the sides pyramid, they may stay put for a while, but they'll eventually fall away. The same is true if you take a block away from one of the pyramid's sides, making the rest unstable. Eventually, some of the blocks can fall away, leaving a smaller, more stable structure.

The result is like a radioactive clock that ticks away as unstable isotopes decay into stable ones. You can't predict when a specific unstable atom, or parent, will decay into a stable atom, or daughter. But you can predict how long it will take a large group of atoms to decay. The element's half-life is the amount of time it takes for half the parent atoms in a sample to become daughters.

To read the time on this radioactive clock, scientists use a device called a mass spectrometer to measure the number of parent and daughter atoms. The ratio of parents to daughters can tell the researcher how old the specimen is. The more parent isotopes there are -- and the fewer daughter isotopes -- the younger the sample. The half-life of the isotope being measured determines how useful it is at dating very old samples. Once all the parents have become daughters, there's no more basis for comparison between the two isotopes. Scientists can't tell whether the clock ran down a few days or millions of years ago. This means that isotopes with a short half-life won't work to date dinosaur bones.

The short half-life is only part of the problem when dating dinosaur bones -- researchers also have to find enough of the parent and daughter atoms to measure. There are more i cant post here that shows what it takes to date a fossil and what volcanic ash has to do with it.
      We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

Comment

H4390 Strongs #4390: AHLB#: 1288-E (V) V) Alm% (Alm% M-LA) - Fill: [Hebrew and Aramaic] [df: arm] [freq. 253] (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hiphil, Hitpael, Pual, Piel, Participle) |kjv: fill, full, fulfill, consecrate, accomplish, replenish, wholly, set, expire, fully, gather, overflow, satisfy, filthy, lift| {str: 4390, 4391, 4754}
        H853 את 'êth ayth Apparently contracted from H226 in the demonstrative sense of entity; properly self (but generally used to point out more definitely the object of a verb or preposition, even or namely): - (As such unrepresented in English.)

The idea behind the two words used there is simply to fill up the earth with (and extention) of self, or to 'multiply self to fill the earth'.
        There is really no suggestion of 're-filling' what was once full but now empty.

Comment

That said, if you look at the words for 'formless' and 'void', there IS a suggestion of something having been destroyed, something previously in good condition becoming a ruin.

Comment

The reason people do not believe it, is because they think it has any thing to do with the 6 days of recreation. but it does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
              That said, if you look at the words for 'formless' and 'void', there IS a suggestion of something having been destroyed, something previously in good condition becoming a ruin.
              this is a point to look at, God could never create anything that was formless and with a void. Some type of entity had to have entered into his creation to bring it to that point.

As stated in Luke 10:18, Christ states:

"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."

Satan and his kingdom fell before the preaching of the gospel. Jesus is warning the disciples not to be full of pride, that he saw angels turned into devils by pride: that was the sin for which Satan was cast down from heaven, where? upon the earth? he was there, to deceive Eve? and rob from them their heaven?
              It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Originally posted by always View Post
                this is a point to look at, God could never create anything that was formless and with a void. Some type of entity had to have entered into his creation to bring it to that point.

As stated in Luke 10:18, Christ states:

"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."

Satan and his kingdom fell before the preaching of the gospel. Jesus is warning the disciples not to be full of pride, that he saw angels turned into devils by pride: that was the sin for which Satan was cast down from heaven, where? upon the earth? he was there, to deceive Eve? and rob from them their heaven?
                ALSO

Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Was = Hayah (Hebrew), it means became/becomes.

(And the earth became formless, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bladers View Post
                  ALSO

Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

(And the earth became formless, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.)
                  Yes, 'became' is one of the meanings of the word, and it has been translated as 'became' in quite a few place. But it is not the only meaning of the word. And which meaning to apply in this place, in this context, is the question.

H1961
                  היה hâyâh haw-yaw' A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary): - beacon, X altogether, be (-come, accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), continue, do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-) self, require, X use.

Comment

ALSO

Hallelujah!

I love this

Gen 3:23

Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

do you differentiate Eden from the rest of the world?

Comment

Jeremiah had a vision of creation and spoke of this, but he saw it backwards.

Jeremiah 4:23-40 (King James Version)

(23)I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

(24)I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

(25)I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

(26)I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

(27)For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.(fully destroy[will restore it])

(28)For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Comment

Originally posted by always View Post
                        of course we know that "re" placed in front of any word means to do over.
                        No.

"Re" doesn't always mean "again". It does a lot of the time, but not every time. More often than is realized, the prefix "re" means "completely" or "fully"...

Such as these words:

Research = to search fully
                        Resplendent = to shine fully
                        Retard = to slow fully
                        Resist = to oppose fully
                        Replenish = to fill fully

God was not saying "Fill the earth again." He was saying "Fill the earth fully."

Not to mention the fact that if you go back to the original Hebrew, there is no notion of "again" in the text. This is a modern misinterpretation of old English and archaic Latin prefixes.
                        To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
                          No.

"Re" doesn't always mean "again". It does a lot of the time, but not every time. More often than is realized, the prefix "re" means "completely" or "fully"...

Such as these words:

Research = to search fully
                          Resplendent = to shine fully
                          Retard = to slow fully
                          Resist = to oppose fully
                          Replenish = to fill fully

God was not saying "Fill the earth again." He was saying "Fill the earth fully."

Not to mention the fact that if you go back to the original Hebrew, there is no notion of "again" in the text. This is a modern misinterpretation of old English and archaic Latin prefixes.
                          alright, taking that into consideration, but Genesis also states

"In THE beginning" God created. In the original Hebrew, the word "the" is not there, KJV placed it there to signify a "time" God is infinite, HE has no beginning or end?

So an understanding that earth began at THIS particular time would be incorrect, and wouldn't that make plausible the logic that there was something before?

Comment

Did you guys read Jeremiah 4?

Jeremiah had a vision of the creation and spoke of it, but he saw it backwards. Read and study it from verse 27 to 23

Backwards

(27)For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.(fully destroy it[will restore it])

(26)I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

(25)I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

(24)I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

(23)I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

VAIN means worthless, useless.

Comment

Did you guys read Jeremiah 4?

Jeremiah had a vision of the creation and spoke of it, but he saw it backwards. Read and study it from verse 27 to 23

Backwards

(27)For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.(fully destroy it[will restore it])

VAIN means worthless, useless.
                              Okay, I see what you are talking about, why do you think God gave it to him backwards?

Comment

Working...
                              X