Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Jesus' name...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • About Jesus' name...

    When Jesus is prophesied in Isaiah 7:14, it says "Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call his name Immanuel."

    Why did the angel tell Mary to name him Jesus (Luke 1:31) instead of "Immanuel"?

  • #2
    Originally posted by TransformedSon View Post
    When Jesus is prophesied in Isaiah 7:14, it says "Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call his name Immanuel."

    Why did the angel tell Mary to name him Jesus (Luke 1:31) instead of "Immanuel"?
    Jesus (Jehovah saves) reflects His main mission in His Incarnation.
    Immanuel (God with us) reflects a secondary means in bringing His people to glory (by shepherding us). The first involves the Shepherd laying down His life for the sheep. The second involves the Shepherd leading and guiding the sheep.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by crossnote View Post
      Jesus (Jehovah saves) reflects His main mission in His Incarnation.
      Immanuel (God with us) reflects a secondary means in bringing His people to glory (by shepherding us). The first involves the Shepherd laying down His life for the sheep. The second involves the Shepherd leading and guiding the sheep.
      I generally agree with this. Yahshua is Yah, the short form of YHWH, and Shua, which in Hebrew is saves. Together though, it takes on the meaning of "Yah (YHWH) has become our salvation." How (?), by being manifested in the flesh. So he is Emmanuel (EL with us) as well. He has MANY names, all generally around the tetragram, YHWH.

      For example, YHWH-Yireh= God out provider. YHWH-Nissi= God our banner. YHWH-Shalom= God our peace. YHWH-Rohi= God our Sheperd.(etc.) Yahshua= YHWH has become our salvation.

      Peace.
      Ken

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kenrank View Post
        I generally agree with this. Yahshua is Yah, the short form of YHWH, and Shua, which in Hebrew is saves. Together though, it takes on the meaning of "Yah (YHWH) has become our salvation." How (?), by being manifested in the flesh. So he is Emmanuel (EL with us) as well. He has MANY names, all generally around the tetragram, YHWH.

        For example, YHWH-Yireh= God out provider. YHWH-Nissi= God our banner. YHWH-Shalom= God our peace. YHWH-Rohi= God our Sheperd.(etc.) Yahshua= YHWH has become our salvation.

        Peace.
        Ken
        doesnt God with us reflect back to Gods choosen people the jews and the promise of his Christ that was brought forth By God in Jesus and all he spoke through the Prophets of his Christ was now given to the people in the birth of Jesus?He would not forget his people nor the promise to them,God with us aand the promise to Abraham also his covenant with David of 2nd Samual 7:12 -7:16

        Comment

        Working...
        X