After The Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After The Fall

Where does it say Adam named Eve after the fall?
    For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God
    hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Genesis 3:20
    And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Comment

I know I've read this several times, but never realized it was after the fall before he quit calling her woman.

Comment

Thanks you, Kahtar

Comment

Yep. Eve means basically mother of all living. He named her this right after the two of them brought death upon the entire planet. Why did he name her that?
          Because it would be through her seed, the 'seed of the woman', that life would come. That seed was Jesus Christ.

Comment

Thank you, Kahtar

Comment

You are most welcome.

Comment

YEP!
                Thats right!

Comment

It's interesting that Adam called her Eve but God called her Adam.

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
                  In Christ,
                  Dave

Revelations 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Comment

Christ was also called 'Adam'.
                    1 Corinthians 15:45
                    And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.
                    Collectively, we are ALL Adam
                    H120 אדם 'âdâm aw-dawm'
                    From H119; ruddy, that is, a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): - X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
                      Yep. Eve means basically mother of all living. He named her this right after the two of them brought death upon the entire planet. Why did he name her that?
                      Because it would be through her seed, the 'seed of the woman', that life would come. That seed was Jesus Christ.
                      It shows too that he repented of his earlier accusation. Originally, he blamed her for the fall. But after hearing God, he praised her for the blessing God had given her. He saw her more like God saw her. A good lesson for every husband.

I also like to think that just like God gave Peter the chance to say he loved him for each time he denied him, he allowed Eve to be blessed enough to bring in life.
                      Matt 9:13
                      13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                      NASU

Comment

Working...
                      X