Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you good enough for heaven?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are you good enough for heaven?

    I found this link which seems awfully scary... Seems very harsh, but real.


    "Of all the questions you will ask yourself in life, probably the most important is, “Am I good enough to go to Heaven?” The way to find this out is to ask yourself if you have obeyed the Ten Commandments (listed below). Most would answer the question, “Well, I’ve broken one or two, but nothing too serious, like murder, etc.” So, let’s go through them and see how you do:"


    http://www.christiananswers.net/q-co...oodenough.html

  • #2
    That is why Christ died in our stead, we were unable to keep God's commandments so the answer to the question "are we good enough"? No we are not, obviously, and that is why one must be in Christ Jesus, covered by His righteousness.

    Of course, men must set aside their pride to accept that they are the sinners that God says they are.


    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I think this is probably the most basic question of Christianity's theology (I'm almost surprised you even asked it).

      The answer is no, not a single one of us is "good enough" for heaven, by the sheer fact that we are all sinners. The reason I am slightly surprised this question would even be asked is because this is the first thing a person recognizes when they become a Christian.

      You're bound to get only two answers in response to this question:

      1. No, we are not good enough for heaven.
      2. Yes, "we" are good enough for heaven (and by "we", I mean we when Christ stands in our place).
      To This Day

      Comment


      • #4
        ... I, like Mark, am lost for words. Any student of the scriptures knows that none of us belong in Heaven, that's why it's called God's Grace.

        Comment


        • #5
          We are totally wicked in every way and we deserve hell.. if we as humans truly knew the depths of our depravity the questions about if we are good enough or can we be good enough.... we cheapen the reality of the gospel by thinking we are good enough... and even worse it's my belief that the reason that most of the church at large has no revelation of the gospel is that we somehow try to hold on to our pride in thinking that we can be righteous on our own so our focus is taken away from the righteousness we have in Christ which produces love in our hearts and instead our focus is put on the efforts of man which produces the fruit of the flesh...
          The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26

          Comment


          • #6
            Is God wrong to allow something not good enough to make it into heaven to get there by any account?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by timmyb View Post
              We are totally wicked in every way and we deserve hell.. if we as humans truly knew the depths of our depravity the questions about if we are good enough or can we be good enough.... we cheapen the reality of the gospel by thinking we are good enough... and even worse it's my belief that the reason that most of the church at large has no revelation of the gospel is that we somehow try to hold on to our pride in thinking that we can be righteous on our own so our focus is taken away from the righteousness we have in Christ which produces love in our hearts and instead our focus is put on the efforts of man which produces the fruit of the flesh...

              I am not totally wicked. I have been crucified with Christ nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ that lives within me and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave His life for me. I am God's workmanship. I had a heart of Stone but He has given me a heart of flesh.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by th1bill View Post
                ... I, like Mark, am lost for words. Any student of the scriptures knows that none of us belong in Heaven, that's why it's called God's Grace.
                Agreed! Praise God! Through one mans obedience many will be made righteous!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                  I am not totally wicked. I have been crucified with Christ nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ that lives within me and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave His life for me. I am God's workmanship. I had a heart of Stone but He has given me a heart of flesh.

                  before you were, and to think you can accomplish righteousness apart from the spirit of God is to agree with flesh and wickedness...

                  Apart from God we are totally depraved and totally wicked in every way
                  The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by timmyb View Post
                    before you were, and to think you can accomplish righteousness apart from the spirit of God is to agree with flesh and wickedness...

                    Apart from God we are totally depraved and totally wicked in every way

                    Yeah but I ain't.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                      Yeah but I ain't.
                      amen... but I think even to the saved person we need to know this reality everyday
                      The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you,And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by timmyb View Post
                        amen... but I think even to the saved person we need to know this reality everyday
                        Too many are attempting to obtain it rather than living in it. I think its called religion.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hey guys, don't give the man a hard time because of an elementary question!!! Quite frankly, all our questions should be elementary even though they sometimes result in complicated answers.

                          For instance, that simple question asked can result in a complex answer even though we are hoping to receive a simple one. Can I be good enough to enter heaven? No, I can't because of my inability to personally be righteous and live fully by God's perfect law. Why? Well because in my flesh there ain't one single good thing even though there is a want to do good but I can't find any way to do it in my flesh. Hey the good things I want to do, I don't do and the bad I don't want to do, that's exactly what I do. And if I do the things I don't want to do it's no longer me a doin it, it's the sin in me. That makes it a law of it's self inside me that when I could of done good there's evil right there with me.

                          Shoot, I love the Law of God. Well my inner man does anyway but theres a warfare going on inside me making me just as bound up as I can be and that's the warfare of good and evil. Man, what a rotten rascal I am. Who can get me out of this mess??? I thank God for my Lord Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for me!

                          Your servant folks... Romans 7... Anyone want to pick up where I just left off???

                          1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                            Is God wrong to allow something not good enough to make it into heaven to get there by any account?
                            Absolutely not. It is impossible for God to be wrong, because God is immutable.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                              Too many are attempting to obtain it rather than living in it. I think its called religion.
                              Exactly!!! I think that is why we are to walk by faith not religion....
                              That is, believe God's promise is true even though we can't see it. Like Abraham believed his old body could produce seed because God said so, we are to believe our alive body is dead to sin because God said so. That's it people! Done! That's the whole gospel, not just the half that says we are forgiven. We are crucified because God said so.

                              If we look at others or our own experience we won't see it. We must rise above our experience to heavenly places in Christ Jesus who gave himself for us with us in him to die and be raised with him so that we could have all things pertaining to life and godliness. We are complete, and we are dead. Praise Jesus! Sin shall not have dominion over you! A dead man can't sin!

                              That which is by faith that we are to walk in has already been attained.

                              Phi 3:15-16 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X