Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adultry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • adultry

    Can a christian commit adultry for fifteen years straight and ask God for forgiveness and possibly still doing so, go to Heaven when he dies?????? He says he isn't sorry for doing so.,,, I am wondering how one can be saved and nothing bothers him like his conscious.
    Madge

  • #2
    Absolutely! No matter how bad one may think they have sinned, there is still forgiveness in Jesus. Anyone who truly repents from their sins (and that includes a true desire to stop that sin) will be shown forgiveness.

    But if one is not willing to stop that particular sin and give everything to Christ, than he or she is not truly sorry for their sin.

    A person's conscious may grow dull over time from constantly ignoring it. Eventually, he or she will not feel any guilt for their sinful actions. I would recommend showing him the Law of God (The Ten Commandments) in Exodus 20 or Deuteronomy 5. These are the standards that God has chosen for us to live by. By even breaking one, we have broken the whole Law and are guilty before God. Even though their conscious may not convict them, the Law always will, because all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.

    Repent, believe, and be saved.
    What I believe: Heidelberg Catechism | Canons of Dordt | Belgic Confession

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by madeline1 View Post
      Can a christian commit adultry for fifteen years straight and ask God for forgiveness and possibly still doing so, go to Heaven when he dies?????? He says he isn't sorry for doing so.,,, I am wondering how one can be saved and nothing bothers him like his conscious.
      If the person isn't truly sorry, then just asking God for forgiveness doesn't do the trick. At least I don't think so. I think that remorse comes with the whole deal in a way. I mean, if he is saying that he doens't have regrets about his life because it made him who is is.. and all that jazz, OK. But if this person is saying clearly: "I'm not sorry, but I will ask God for forgiveness so I can be saved." I don't think he's got great chances here....
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
      Proverbs 3:5

      My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgements come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
      Isaiah 26:9

      Comment


      • #4
        As the saying goes, not everyone who says "Lord, Lord" and claims they did good deeds will be saved... and how much more so the one who says "Lord, Lord" and doesn't even mean it?
        To This Day

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by madeline1 View Post
          Can a christian commit adultry for fifteen years straight and ask God for forgiveness and possibly still doing so, go to Heaven when he dies?????? He says he isn't sorry for doing so.,,, I am wondering how one can be saved and nothing bothers him like his conscious.

          Can you define what you are calling adultery for me please?

          God Bless,

          Dave
          In Christ Love

          BCF

          2 Peter 1:20-21:

          "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation. For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

          Search and believe the Scripture, before you believe anything man tells you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BCF View Post
            Can you define what you are calling adultery for me please?

            God Bless,

            Dave
            Yes he claims to be a christian but paying a prostutite for perverted sex for many years, says he doesn't feel guilt for it.
            Madge

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jrick View Post
              Absolutely! No matter how bad one may think they have sinned, there is still forgiveness in Jesus. Anyone who truly repents from their sins (and that includes a true desire to stop that sin) will be shown forgiveness.

              But if one is not willing to stop that particular sin and give everything to Christ, than he or she is not truly sorry for their sin.

              A person's conscious may grow dull over time from constantly ignoring it. Eventually, he or she will not feel any guilt for their sinful actions. I would recommend showing him the Law of God (The Ten Commandments) in Exodus 20 or Deuteronomy 5. These are the standards that God has chosen for us to live by. By even breaking one, we have broken the whole Law and are guilty before God. Even though their conscious may not convict them, the Law always will, because all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.

              Repent, believe, and be saved.
              How about pointing out that if he is walking in the Spirit he will not do what he is doing?

              Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

              Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

              Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

              Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

              Can he truly say he is living and walking in the Spirit?

              Firstfruits

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by madeline1 View Post
                Can a christian commit adultry for fifteen years straight and ask God for forgiveness and possibly still doing so, go to Heaven when he dies?????? He says he isn't sorry for doing so.,,, I am wondering how one can be saved and nothing bothers him like his conscious.

                unfortunately, a person who claims to know God and commits adultry for 15 years is most likely not even saved in the first place. Those who are saved are constantly being changed into the image of His Son. when they get out of line they are scourged and disciplined. If you are without discipline you are a bastard child according to Scripture (aka not born of God)

                As a man i struggle and fight against lust every day of my life because of the sensual culture we live in, so its possible to struggle against the flesh in that area, but after 15 years there should definetly have been victory in that area

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by madeline1 View Post
                  Yes he claims to be a christian but paying a prostutite for perverted sex for many years, says he doesn't feel guilt for it.
                  Just b/c he calims to be a Christian, does not mean that he is a Christian. I use to claim to be spiderman when I was a kid.....but I never could climb walls.

                  This person may be a Christian in his own mind, but in his heart he is not. But he is not out of reach from God either. I do not know what this person is to you....hopefully just friends, and by being a friend to him, you would need to show this person how to have a relationship with Christ in his heart....and not in his mind. How do you do that? Teach him what Love is....Which is God.

                  God Bless,

                  Dave
                  In Christ Love

                  BCF

                  2 Peter 1:20-21:

                  "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation. For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

                  Search and believe the Scripture, before you believe anything man tells you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BCF View Post
                    Just b/c he calims to be a Christian, does not mean that he is a Christian. I use to claim to be spiderman when I was a kid.....but I never could climb walls.

                    This person may be a Christian in his own mind, but in his heart he is not. But he is not out of reach from God either. I do not know what this person is to you....hopefully just friends, and by being a friend to him, you would need to show this person how to have a relationship with Christ in his heart....and not in his mind. How do you do that? Teach him what Love is....Which is God.

                    God Bless,

                    Dave
                    I love your quote, I feel the same. THANKS
                    Madge

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by madeline1 View Post
                      I love your quote, I feel the same. THANKS
                      Your quit welcome...but the Glory goes to God. I have know idea what I am talking about without His Help.

                      Now go and Spread some Seed of Love to your Friend, and teach him who God is.

                      God Bless,

                      Dave
                      In Christ Love

                      BCF

                      2 Peter 1:20-21:

                      "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation. For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

                      Search and believe the Scripture, before you believe anything man tells you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What we don't know, is how many other things in his life have changed....maybe God is not done with him yet?

                        Is it the same woman? Maybe she/they give him some type of warped feeling of love and closeness that he is afraid to get elsewhere. I can't imagine how terrible it must feel to love the Lord and be caught in this web.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I was just reading through this thread and wondering if this person were married and paying for a prostitute on the side?
                          .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

                          ........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
                          .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Whether he's married or not what he's doing is fornication not adultery. Adultery is sexual intercourse with a married person not your spouse. In either case if he doesn't stop and seek forgiveness before he dies or the Lord returns he's toast (1 Cor. 6: 9-10).
                            In Him,
                            Bob Allen

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by revrobor View Post
                              Whether he's married or not what he's doing is fornication not adultery. Adultery is sexual intercourse with a married person not your spouse. In either case if he doesn't stop and seek forgiveness before he dies or the Lord returns he's toast (1 Cor. 6: 9-10).
                              So you are saying that if I cheat on my spouse with a single woman, I am not committing adultry, but the single woman I am having sex with is?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X