X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some peoples beliefs

In the beginning, after Adam sinned, God thought to Himself:
    "For this reason (Adam's sin) I will give the rest of mankind a nature that causes them to do that which I hate."
    "This nature which I give them will make it impossible for mankind to obey my commands, but I will condemn them anyway."
    "They will be condemned for that which is inevitable (sin)"

Concerning that which HE reviels Himself in His Scriptures:*
    God will do things that would be deemed as sadistically tyranical in human terms, but just because He is God, He is be justified in doing such things."

"If any happen to question Him (God) about these injustices, 'You will say then unto (Him), Why does he yet find fault? For who has resisted his will?
    Nay but, O man, who are you that replies against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why have you made me thus?"
    (Rom 9:19-20)*

*mis-interpreting the Scriptures

Originally posted by Diolectic View Post
    "For this reason (Adam's sin) I will give the rest of mankind a nature that causes them to do that which I hate."
    "This nature which I give them will make it impossible for mankind to obey my commands, but I will condemn them anyway."

God will do things that would be deemed as sadistically tyranical in human terms, but just because He is God, He is be justified in doing such things."

"If any happen to question Him (God) about these injustices, 'You will say then unto (Him), Why does he yet find fault? For who has resisted his will?
    Nay but, O man, who are you that replies against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why have you made me thus?"

Well said! Great post!

Comment

Originally posted by Diolectic View Post

That sounds exactly like a discussion I had within the past month or so! We must somehow be connected in the same group of people...??
      LOL!

Actually, it's true though..... that particular view is more common than some people might realize.

Good point to bring up!!
      Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

Comment

Some peoples beliefs....
        are just down right .....
        oh, wait....

ok, I read the OP now....

Comment

God did command the Israelites to kill women, children, infants and the like.

What do you call driving a sword into the chest of two year old children? I call it murder.

Now, what this shows is that those who are elected are Spirit led. When one is led by the Spirit, whatever they do is permissible, even if it looks to another to be sin.

While they were permitted to and even directed to murder children, God is not the author of sin.

We as Bible believing Christians must admit that God has a role in bringing evil about and that in doing so he is holy and blameless. God does bring sins about, but always for his own good purposes. So in bringing sin to pass he does not himself commit sin.

As Paul said, God made the law so that trespasses would increase.

God knew what Satan would do....and created him anyway.

God knew what vessels of dishounor would do.

God knew what Adam would choose.

God permitted Satan to kill Job's family.

God appointed Hitler to be the leader of Germany.

All of these are for God's good purposes to be fulfilled.

Comment

If God didn't create good and evil, there wouldn't be much of a choice.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joe King View Post
              If God didn't create good and evil, there wouldn't be much of a choice.
              Darkness is the absence of light. Sin is the absence of God. When we choose to keep God out, sin is the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Darkness is the absence of light. Sin is the absence of God. When we choose to keep God out, sin is the result.
                Nice saying. Not Scriptural, but nice nonetheless.

Comment

Grace it the greatest "humblizer" in all creation. Without the capacity to sin we could never understand grace. Without being unconditionally forgiven we would think we had something to do with it. I used to be humbled by my sin. Now I'm more humbled by the fact that He has forgiven my sin.

I quess what I am saying is that he gave us the capacity to sin so we would have the capacity to recieve grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukerboy View Post
                    Nice saying. Not Scriptural, but nice nonetheless.
                    Thank you....um darkness is really the absense of light it is not just a saying. As far as scriptures go, can sin stand in Heaven in front of God? Is that not why we need to be cleaned by the blood of Christ?

Comment

Thank you....um darkness is really the absense of light it is not just a saying. As far as scriptures go, can sin stand in Heaven in front of God? Is that not why we need to be cleaned by the blood of Christ?
                      Didn't Satan walk into the throne room in Job or am I missing something?

Comment

I would agree with everything you said here.

There is no darkness in light.

No sin can stand in heaven in front of God. (But then, didn't Satan in Job?)

Man needs to be cleansed by the blood of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                          Grace it the greatest "humblizer" in all creation. Without the capacity to sin we could never understand grace. Without being unconditionally forgiven we would think we had something to do with it. I used to be humbled by my sin. Now I'm more humbled by the fact that He has forgiven my sin.

I quess what I am saying is that he gave us the capacity to sin so we would have the capacity to recieve grace.
                          Yes, free will is the only thing that is mine. What can I give to the Lord to show him my gratitude? All of my posessions are on loan from him who created them. Even my body. But he did give me free will. I may sometimes think that I am not worth all that much, but he has deemed me as precious. I really want to give him something and the only thing I own is my free will, I am humbled when I realize that he is happy with this lowly gift.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                            Didn't Satan walk into the throne room in Job or am I missing something?
                            Oh, Job is one of those things that I have to leave up to God and just try to get as much out of it as possilble. God even having a discussion with satan, wagering with him, God letting satan take his children. Giving him new ones does not seem like it is something that would take the sting out of losing the old ones, etc. is hard to understand at times.Yet Job, being so obedient to God would have gladly given up everything just to be an example of sin (satan) getting on a righteous man, if he new God wanted to use him for the Book. Many have turned to Job in hard times, I am glad he is in the Book.

Comment

But he did give me free will.
                              Another saying that is nice, but also Unscriptural.

Giving him new ones does not seem like it is something that would take the sting out of losing the old ones, etc. is hard to understand at times.
                              Now that I agree with.

God has a role in bringing evil about and that in doing so he is holy and blameless. God does bring sins about, but always for his own good purposes. Sometimes we don't understand the reasoning behind God doing so, but we must know and take by faith that what God has decided to have transpire will work towards his own good purposes.

Comment

Working...
                              X