If you had to choose a favorite book of the bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to choose a favorite book of the bible

what would it be? maybe its just me but certain books so minister to my heart.

My favorite book is Joshua..you can definetely see the salvation of God in this book to His people however what seems to stand out most to me is the victory we have in God when we love, fear and follow His word. No matter how big the obstacles seem through God we are victorious!
    "Hope in God never disappoints, hope in man always leads to disillusionment." Dumitru Duduman

I don't know why, but I have always liked John. An OT choice would be Isaiah.

Peace.
    Ken

Comment

Job

"Bad stuff happens. The wicked sometimes prosper. The righteous sometimes suffer. You may never know why, it may not even be because you sinned, but you are to be righteous anyway"

Comment

I love 1 Samuel. It's where the people want a king over them instead of God.
        I love how God allows the people to have a king but He is still in control. He chose Saul and later David.
        It reminds me that no matter what happens in this world...our God is still in control! I never get tired of reading it.
        .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
        .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

My all time favorite is, Psalms. It ministers to my heart on so many levels.

Comment

I have always like the two books Galatians and Ephesians. They tell us of God's eternal purpose in Christ, of the true lineage of faith and of us as God's true temple where He dwells in His Spirit. It is the hope that reaches back into eternity past, and walks into eternity future demonstrating to all the Powers and Principalities the Might and Wisdom of God Almighty.
            God happens!
            'I Can Only Imagine'

Bless the Beasts and the Children:
            http://youtu.be/AhR36gV6vW4

On cautionary note:
            Originally posted by ProjectPeter
            When they say something... it is about anyone's guess what it is they really mean... but NEVER ask for clarification of their mysterious language... they are often very happy to give it and that's when the discussion goes FREAKY!

Comment

Hebrews; it provides a great amount of teaching regarding Christ and the covenants.
              To This Day

Comment

Let's hear it for OBADIAH!!!
                jes kidding

John, Romans, Hebrews... choices, choices, choices.
                ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

Ephesians
                  It speaks of God's eternal purpose
                  Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

OT: Psalms
                    NT: Revelation

Comment

Romans, because it has given me the revelation of being a son of God
                      He's charging into hell and bringing heaven with him!- Rob Bell

"So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir" - Paul - Galations 4:7

Comment

I'd have to chose a gospel first, as a foundation. Probably Matthew, but it would be hard and close with John.

Then 1 Corinthians.

In the Old Testament - I've always felt drawn to Job. But could I not have Genesis again as a foundation.

If I focused, personally, more on what book or books I thought I could do without, then perhaps they should be brought to the top of my study list until I learn the value of them. God's word, every book and chapter has value - it's just harder for me to see it in some places than others. May the Spirit of our God, show me the deep value of all scripture and bring out finer points to show me his Will/ Wisdom and help me apply it in my life. God bless, SofTy.
                        1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

OT: Genesis
                          NT: Hebrews.

Comment

OT: Habakkuk or Joel.
                            NT: John or 1 Peter.

Comment

I like Proverbs for OT and Romans for NT.

Comment

Working...
                              X