Can God do anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can God do anything?

is there anything? lets make a list of things god cant do. just for fun. love yaza

Cool thread, there is so much God can do......

Jud 1:24 God can guard you so that you don't fall and so that you can be full of joy as you stand in his glorious presence without fault.
    Saved by Grace!

Praying for Mieke and Charles
    Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

My testimony
    http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149096

Comment

Matthew 19:26 And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
      Mark 9:23 And Jesus said to him, "`If You can?´ All things are possible to him who believes."
      Mark 10:27 Looking at them, Jesus said, "With people it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God."
      Mark 14:36 And He was saying, "Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will."

Nothing is impossible for God so I don't see the point of this thread.
      I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
      Have you laid your burdens down?

Comment

• God cannot sin.
        • God cannot not exist.

There's two.
        To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
          • God cannot sin.
          • God cannot not exist.
          There's two.
          he cant lie, but most of all,he can not see our sin because, we are hidden in christ. isnt that the gospel? there's four does anyone have anymore?

Comment

God cannot not love. (hate)

Comment

He can't create a boulder that...how does that go?...He can't create a boulder that's too big for Him to lift?...that's not it. How does that go?
              As thy days, so shall thy strength be - Deuteronomy 33:25

Comment

Even tho God can create, it was impossible for God to literally create Himself, because He was never created, but has always existed.

Comment

God can't be surprised.
                  As thy days, so shall thy strength be - Deuteronomy 33:25

Comment

Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                    God cannot not love. (hate)
                    Doesn't God hate sin?

Comment

Psalm 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity,"
                      Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."
                      Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."
                      Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil,
                      19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."
                      Hosea 9:15, "All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels."

Yes God hates sin and those that are wicked. We need to be careful not to define God as love. Love is just one part of His nature, but in no way defines who He is. Also love does not rein supreme over all God's other attributes.

A.W. Tozer said "Love is something true of God, but it is not God."
                      Knowledge of the Holy

Comment

Originally posted by yaza View Post
                        he cant lie, but most of all,he can not see our sin because, we are hidden in christ. isnt that the gospel? there's four does anyone have anymore?
                        Are you sure God cannot lie? He can send out a lieing spirit. It's like if you hire a hit man, you are responsible for the murder.

The Antichrist will be taught and raised by the christian church. He will come from your own, not from the "outsiders". "Thus saith the Eternal, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house. . . ."

Comment

Originally posted by Scubadude View Post
                          Are you sure God cannot lie? He can send out a lieing spirit. It's like if you hire a hit man, you are responsible for the murder.
                          Scripture reference please...

Comment

1 John 4:16

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

Comment

“The apostle John, by the Spirit, wrote, ‘God is Love,’ and some have taken his words to be a definitive statement concerning the essential nature of God. This is a great error. John was by those words stating a fact, but he was not offering a definition.”

A.W.Tozer
                              Knowledge of the Holy

Without a doubt God is love, but love does not define God. I heard Josh McDowell a couple of months back say something similar to this:

We have to be careful when trying to define God. A lot of people want God to look like this:

God
                              Love=90%
                              Justice=1%
                              Compassion=5%
                              Mercy=4%

This is not an accurate description of God. It should look more like this:

God
                              Love=100%
                              Justice=100%
                              Compassion=100%
                              Mercy=100%

Comment

Working...
                              X