Once A Month
    0.00%
    Often... It is Something that I regularly Practice
    23.53%
    I Think It is Good to Do I've Just Never Fasted
    23.53%

The poll is expired.

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

I was going to start a thread on fasting later, you thunder stealer.

I have never fasted. It is not a requirement, but I have no option to vote for. I do not think that it is something we no longer do. Matter of fact, I think it is good to fast. The fact then remains, I still have never done it, or when I did not eat, it was not for spiritual reasons.

Paul never mentions fasting, but Christ certainly did in saying they will fast when the Bridegroom is no longer with them.

I can say then "but Christ is with us now", yet the disciples fasted when they were worshipping and Barnabas and Saul were set for the work.

So, I find no reason to fast and certainly no requirement, yet I find an inner desire to do so. Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Yukerboy View Post
      I was going to start a thread on fasting later, you thunder stealer.

I have never fasted. It is not a requirement, but I have no option to vote for. I do not think that it is something we no longer do. Matter of fact, I think it is good to fast. The fact then remains, I still have never done it, or when I did not eat, it was not for spiritual reasons.

Paul never mentions fasting, but Christ certainly did in saying they will fast when the Bridegroom is no longer with them.

I can say then "but Christ is with us now", yet the disciples fasted when they were worshipping and Barnabas and Saul were set for the work.

So, I find no reason to fast and certainly no requirement, yet I find an inner desire to do so. Does that make sense?
      I just had Jennifer make a new option to cover that.

Sure it makes sense. Where do you think that inner desire comes from?

Visit our new website
      ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
      "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

I'm going to try it soon. I've never done it, but I've wanted to start for awhile.

Comment

i have fasted, but right now, because my relationship with God is so new, im just focused on reading my Bible and finding out about God. So far God has blessed me to not have any serious tragedies or major events in my life where i was compelled to fast. All i know is that God doesnt want me to fast just because the Bible says but He also wants me to fast because I love Him. At this time i have not been fasting much simply because i am still learning about my God

Comment

I fast mostly when God puts it on my heart to do so or when things are bad and I need to hear Him.
            Matt 9:13
            13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
            NASU

Comment

I fast today when God leads me to .. His Spirit will move me to.. I've also fasted when I've made a personal decision to do it.. whether its to get an answer on problem going on or in a spiritual warfare conflict. Jesus taught when you do fast.. dont announce it to everybody and put on a sad face like ur doing something great.. but He taught to wash thy face.. annoint thine head , and do it secretly .. then the Father who 'sees' in secret will reward you openly...
              ------------------------------------------------------------------
              Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;

That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
              ------------------------------------------------
              Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
              ------------------------------------------------
              The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
              Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                How often do you fast?
                Hi Ken,

How would you interpret the following passage, especially what I have highlighted?

Isa 58:3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.
                Isa 58:4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
                Isa 58:5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?
                Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
                Isa 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Many Blessings,
                RW

Comment

I usually fast half a day for intercessory prayer. Now due to another ministry we are in, we will be fasting more. Right now it's once a week from 6am-6pm.

Live your life in such a
                  way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

If the situation requires fasting and G_d asks it of me.... when there is ministry to be done...
                    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
                    God plants in our hearts
                    to remind us
                    there are better things ahead.
                    -Holley Gerth

Comment

I voted "every now and again....", but it's been a while. It's odd how it should pop up now that I am considering it again. I never really fast looking for something specific, just a better sight of my path I guess you could say....
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
                      Proverbs 3:5

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgements come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
                      Isaiah 26:9

Comment

I chose the every now and again answer though it's not only if I'm looking for something specific. Sometimes I will just feel led to fast. I feel that it's about teaching your body that it is not in control, your spirit is. My hubby and I have worked with youth for almost 10 years and one of the yearly events that the kids love is the '30 Hour Famine' (sponsored by World Vision - a Christian humanitarian organization) They spend 30 hours without eating to raise money for starving children around the world and to collect food and clothing for those in need locally. It really has been an amazing event for the youth group yearly. I don't mean to derail the topic. I think to many see fasting as a difficult thing so they never do it but God always gives me the strength to get through whatever length of fast He leads me to do.

God Bless!
                        II Timothy 2:15
                        Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
                        Read My Testimony sigpic Visit Our Website

Comment

I usually fast when the Holy Spirit leads me to fast and also those times to seek God's will. Now, it's once a week as God has instructed the members of a ministry I'm a part of to fast once a week, so that is my vote for now.
                          Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Didn't see "I don't fast at all because I like to eat too much." So I picked #2.

BD
                            3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.

BadDog!

Comment

For to fast means to "forgo" something. Usually it is food but when health issues are present that I forgo Internet or TV or something that usually occupies my time in order to focus on Jesus and pray.

Now, don't get me wrong because anyone who knows me, also knows I fast regularly and with intention and purpose to see breakthrough and prayers answered. To fast food is one of the greatest experiences one could have because you learn to conquer and fight through stomach pains for food. The body has a funny way of telling you to fed it and to be able to control that and replace it with God, is one of the most fabulous experiences you can have.

Remember, fasting means to forgo something,....what will you forgo to focus on Jesus!
                              Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Working...
                              X