Yashashua or Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yashashua or Jesus

Can someone please explain why there is a minority that claims that we shouldnt use JEsus as the name of the Son of God but instead Yashashua or something like that? Where did this come from? Is it Ok to use Jesus?

I know it's a serious issue, and sure it has to do with Jewishness vs Greekness of New Testament considerations, but LOL, maybe if we had more of a record of the childhood and teenage years of Jesus, and since he was a carpenter's son and all, I can well imagine we might have a few more nicknames with which to address him, maybe like 'Chip' or 'The Hammer'.

from wiki, from the Catholic Encyclopedia:
    The name “Jesus” is an Anglicisation of the Greek Ἰησοῦς (IēsoŻs), itself a Hellenisation of the Hebrew יהושע (Yehoshua) or Hebrew-Aramaic ישוע (Yeshua), meaning “YHWH rescues”. “Christ” is a title derived from the Greek Χριστός (Christůs), meaning the “Anointed One”, which corresponds to the Hebrew-derived “Messiah”.
    Also, basically the names Jesus, Joshua, and Hosea are pretty much the same name in Hebrew.

Comment

Not to throw the topic off center but the name 'Jesus' is still powerful.. and as far as demonic powers (devils) Satan himself.. they still 'submit' to the name of Jesus... it was used in the Spiritual Warfare that went on when He Saved me and Delivered me on Feb 3 1994... and I've also used the name of My Lord and Savior 'Jesus' when in some pretty intense spriitual warfare occurences...

and I can attest and I do testify that devils(demons) submit and 'tremble' at the True Christ.. the Annointed One.. the Holy One of Isreal, God manifest in the flesh.. who has defeated death and allowed man to have a Way to the Father... this thru His Completed Work on that Bloody Tree at Golgotha...
      Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
      ------------------------------------------------
      Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
      ------------------------------------------------
      The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
      Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

Use whatever name you feel comfortable with, Jesus or Yeshua, but don't tell me one is right and one is wrong.
        Philipians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand, saying to you, "fear not I will help you."

Psalm 150:5
        Praise Him with loud cymbals!
        Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Comment

Originally posted by Midyrvette View Post
          Use whatever name you feel comfortable with, Jesus or Yeshua, but don't tell me one is right and one is wrong.
          "Love is not about you...and it never was"
          "Selfishness is inwardly focused, but Love is Always outwardly focused!"

I am very anti-abortion, anti-murder, and Pro-Love.
          Gotta stop repeating myself...

Stop Marfan - The Silent but deadly killer.
          It's main weapon is lack of truth.
          Please learn the truth about the Marfan syndrome
          by visiting The National Marfan Foundation.
          Feel free to ask me any questions you may have
          about the Marfan syndrome and I will answer them
          the best I can.

Comment

There must be a reason why so many cuss words include "Jesus' and not Yeshua.
            ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

Maybe there is some validity to the claim if you want to be precise. However, I can tell you this..I have seen Demons flee when I used the name of Jesus.
              That's enough for me.
              Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

Working...
              X