No announcement yet.

Guns don't kill people... Doctors do :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns don't kill people... Doctors do :)

Guns Don't Kill People

Doctors
    (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
    (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
    (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
    Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

Guns
    (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)
    (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
    (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.
    Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!

Pass this on to at least ten of your friends and you will receive a surprise.
    (Someone will give you a wedgie! )
    If you are injured by the wedgie- DO NOT SEE A DOCTOR!
    Just shoot yourself instead...its just as effective and a whole lot cheaper!
    Last edited by Dragonfighter1; Jan 16th 2009, 08:25 PM.
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!
    Love it....I'm going to use this logic the next time an anti-gun person starts spouting off why they think guns should be banned.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh, laughed so hard I cried! Hubby gonna' love this one!

Comment

I wonder what the stat is for doctors who accidentally killed a patient with their gun?

I'm sure Gregory House has thought about it at times.

Comment

Yeah? Well if its so funny..where are my reps...

Signed,

THE rep hound

(blatant beggar aint I?)
          Dragonfighter1
          Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfighter1 View Post
            Yeah? Well if its so funny..where are my reps...

Signed,

THE rep hound

(blatant beggar aint I?)
            Bro what's with the reps????

I suggest you look in the mirror of God's Word and see what God says about you....you seem to be someone craving for attention and love.

Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

You just want the "can of worms award" back is why you post stuff like this...

"People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
                Bro what's with the reps????

I suggest you look in the mirror of God's Word and see what God says about you....you seem to be someone craving for attention and love.

Its a standing joke to me and several of my more common friends on here. Sorry if it offends you. It means nothing to me at all. I could just as soon have them all taken away. And I mean that.

I like the mirror of Jesus, its very good for straightening me out and making me see the humor in mans foolish attempts at self importance.

Dragon fighter chapter one verse 15: Verily verily I say unto me, Vanity vanity all is vanity (and reps).
                Dragonfighter1
                Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                  You just want the "can of worms award" back is why you post stuff like this...

YES PLEASE.. I am collecting them too. can I have the double can? or is that being too greedy?
                  Dragonfighter1
                  Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Its a standing joke to me and several of my more common friends on here. Sorry if it offends you. It means nothing to me at all. I could just as soon have them all taken away. And I mean that.

I like the mirror of Jesus, its very good for straightening me out and making me see the humor in mans foolish attempts at self importance.

Dragon fighter chapter one verse 15: Verily verily I say unto me, Vanity vanity all is vanity (and reps).
                    LOL,...I said that tongue in cheek !

Sending you my bill for reps delivery
                    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

YES PLEASE.. I am collecting them too. can I have the double can? or is that being too greedy?
                      I don't know...I mean gee I finally gave it to someone else for a change...kind of soon to give it back to you...PLUS you had it so long to start with!
                      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I'm sorry but where are your sources?

Comment

To deliver you of your vanity, please take all your reps and give them to me. I'll carry that burden for you, my dear brother, because I love you so.

Comment

Do not store up for yourselves reps on earth, where mods and admins destroy, and where trolls de-rep in and steal.

Comment

well, if those figures are true, then I'm totally amazed. I'm Australian and the normal law abiding citizen here is prohibited from owning a gun.....crooks have them of course....and I've always been very ... anti gun, and I guess I still feel that way...however, what you say is very interesting. you say 80 million americans have guns...lol....our total country population is only 21 million !!

Of course here we just get stories about Colombine and mass shootings like that, so maybe it makes it look a lot worse from our point of view. I went to America once and was terrified about going because i thought everyone had guns. I only went because i had a friend that lived there, and they owned a gun. And at that time, there were a lot of drive by shootings of tourists, so maybe i had reason to be scared. But of course i've known other people who have gone there and felt very safe.....

I wonder what our Australian stats would be on this subject.

Thanks for an interesting topic.

Rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X