Are We Born Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT Are We Born Again?

If we do not know if we are born again, how do we know whether we are children of God or children of the devil, with all the scriptures that verify/ identify those that are children of God and those that are not?

Who is our father?

God bless you!

Firstfruits

whoever loves the brethren has been born of God

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
      If we do not know if we are born again, how do we know whether we are children of God or children of the devil, with all the scriptures that verify/ identify those that are children of God and those that are not?

Who is our father?

God bless you!

Firstfruits
      As you have shown in another thread. Those who endure to the end are born again.

Comment

Who is our father?

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Born again Feb 3 1994.. Touched by the GRACE of God.. I was going in a total opposite direction of Him.. then thru His Holy Spirit....He 'drew' me in.. By revelation He revealed His unmerited Goodness, Grace, and Mercy in my life, delivered me and set me free.. bringing this sinner to his knees... I will never forget that day.. It is Eternal.. I can still remember that as if it was yesterday..

How do I know I'm born again from Above?

His Spirit bears WITNESS with my spirit that I"m His child.. and not only that but a 'son'.. and an 'heir'...I know without a shadow of a doubt that my LORD and Savior is the ONLY True Living God
        Jesus the Christ.. God manifest in the flesh.....who was crucified and He is 'alive' today.. for I know.. He 'touched' me.. He gave His life a Ransom for me and not only for me.. but those He came for and those He loves...
        The devil today.. still wants me to believe what happened Feb 3 1994 .. didn't really happen.. it was a fluke... that I'm still lost and heading to hell, God has abandoned me... He is insideous in His attacks.. his fiery arrows flying in the face of Faith.. but taking the shield of Faith.. we quench those 'lies' and 'doubts'.. by the Shield of Faith.. and the Word..discerning and realizing that he is truly the 'father of lies'...

amen and amen..

Ye must be born again...from Above....by the Will of God and not by the will of men and their understanding..

amen and amen

----------------------------------------------------------------------

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
        ------------------------------------------------
        Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
        ------------------------------------------------
        The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
        Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

Originally posted by Yukerboy View Post
          As you have shown in another thread. Those who endure to the end are born again.
          Thanks Yukerboy,

Would we not know whether we are born of God before the end, according to scripture?

Firstfruits

Comment

Who is our father?

God bless you!

Firstfruits
            I would suggest that you go back and read John 3 and see what Jesus said about being born again.

Comment

Originally posted by theBelovedDisciple View Post
              Born again Feb 3 1994.. Touched by the GRACE of God.. I was going in a total opposite direction of Him.. then thru His Holy Spirit....He 'drew' me in.. By revelation He revealed His unmerited Goodness, Grace, and Mercy in my life, delivered me and set me free.. bringing this sinner to his knees... I will never forget that day.. It is Eternal.. I can still remember that as if it was yesterday..

How do I know I'm born again from Above?

His Spirit bears WITNESS with my spirit that I"m His child.. and not only that but a 'son'.. and an 'heir'...I know without a shadow of a doubt that my LORD and Savior is the ONLY True Living God
              Jesus the Christ.. God manifest in the flesh.....who was crucified and He is 'alive' today.. for I know.. He 'touched' me.. He gave His life a Ransom for me and not only for me.. but those He came for and those He loves...
              The devil today.. still wants me to believe what happened Feb 3 1994 .. didn't really happen.. it was a fluke... that I'm still lost and heading to hell, God has abandoned me... He is insideous in His attacks.. his fiery arrows flying in the face of Faith.. but taking the shield of Faith.. we quench those 'lies' and 'doubts'.. by the Shield of Faith.. and the Word..discerning and realizing that he is truly the 'father of lies'...

amen and amen..

Ye must be born again...from Above....by the Will of God and not by the will of men and their understanding..

amen and amen

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Thanks TBD,

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                I would suggest that you go back and read John 3 and see what Jesus said about being born again.
                Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

So all that are born according to what Christ has said knows they are born again?

Firstfruits

Comment

Born again

To be born again, meaning to be born from above, born of God, there is no question one must be aware of his or her faith, trust and acceptance along with devoting all that he or she is to God’s will. But as Jesus clearly instructed, the seal of this commitment or devotion is the Baptism of water. That is not to say that a person who has walked three quarters of the journey has not progressed but just as Jesus did not declare on the cross “ it is finished” until He was giving up His spirit, neither have we arrived until we have done what is required of us.
                  May The Holy Spirit Guide Us All....

sigpic
                  Peace,
                  Thomas
                  Kyrie Eleison... Christe Eleison... Kyrie Eleison

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas1621 View Post
                    To be born again, meaning to be born from above, born of God, there is no question one must be aware of his or her faith, trust and acceptance along with devoting all that he or she is to God’s will. But as Jesus clearly instructed, the seal of this commitment or devotion is the Baptism of water. That is not to say that a person who has walked three quarters of the journey has not progressed but just as Jesus did not declare on the cross “ it is finished” until He was giving up His spirit, neither have we arrived until we have done what is required of us.
                    Thank you Thomas 1621,

So to say we do not know whether or not we are born again is a no, no, or not scriptual with what is written, is that right?

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Comment

Thank you Thomas 1621,

So to say we do not know whether or not we are born again is a no, no, or not scriptual with what is written, is that right?

God bless you!

Firstfruits
                      I have seen nothing to support the alternative at all. It is brought about by a conscious covenant.
                      May The Holy Spirit Guide Us All....

sigpic
                      Peace,
                      Thomas
                      Kyrie Eleison... Christe Eleison... Kyrie Eleison

Comment

Thanks Yukerboy,

Would we not know whether we are born of God before the end, according to scripture?

Firstfruits
                        There seems to be no Scriptural support for knowing if one knows he is born again.

Comment

There seems to be no Scriptural support for knowing if one knows he is born again.
                          So, are we just hoping in the end we made it? Is it a roll of the dice at the end?

I'm not trying to be difficult. Sometimes it "seems" I doing alright, therefore born again, and other times (the past year), it seems I'm just as lost as the next person.

Comment

Originally posted by stillforgiven View Post
                            So, are we just hoping in the end we made it? Is it a roll of the dice at the end?

(I'm not trying to be difficult. Sometimes it "seems" I doing alright, therefore born again, and other times, it seems I'm just as lost as the next person.)

Even Paul hoped he would make it to the end.

It is difficult, though I know you are not trying to be.

There is no blessed assurance, so I can't tell anyone do not worry about your salvation. Worry. Work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Make your election sure.

How? By believing to the end. The only ones that fall away, the only branches that are broken off, the only ones that are cast away are those who either never believed, or believed for a while and then fell away.

However, the ones who remain with us belong to us.

Comment

1Jo 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1Jo 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1Jo 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1Jo 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Jo 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
                              1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1Jo 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1Jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
                              1Jo 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
                              1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Comment

Working...
                              X