X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sin unto death

What is the sin unto death?

One site I've been to says that it is continuous, unrepentant, willful sin. If this is true, I suppose NOSAS says that person would lose their salvation. But it seems that if a Christian is continuously rebellious, God will take them out.

Were Ananias and Sapphira (sp) guilty of this? Is this the same as blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

I started a thread on this as well . . .

You may find some of the answers helpful.

Sin Leading Unto Death
    "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by VerticalReality View Post
      I started a thread on this as well . . .

You may find some of the answers helpful.

Sin Leading Unto Death
      Opps should've searched more carefully. Thanks!

Comment

I had always thought of the sin unto death as being spiritual an not physical and something someone who is born again can not do.

I john 3:9
        Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
        Therefore I had thought of the sin unto death as being someone who rebels his whole life against accepting Christ as lord and savior and never gets born again. I thought of the sin unto death as being someone who is so rebelious against God that he never does Romans 10:9. Your post though has me questioning whether it might not be speaking about a physical death as you mentioned.

As far as ananias and Sapphira go, we do not know if they commited the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit of not. People can do some really stupid things some times which causes some serious chastening from the Lord yet they are still saved. I cor 5 speaks about a guy who was so messed up that he commited fornication with his stepmother. I cor 5:5 says

To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
        Even though this guy did something so stupid and the chastening was severe, his spirit is still going to be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Comment

Since we have another thread on this topic, let's close this one.
          Who have I in heaven but You oh God? Besides You, I desire nothing here on earth. My heart and my flesh may fail me, but God will be the strength of my heart and my portion forever...as for me, the nearness of God is my good - Psalm 73:25-26, 28a

Check out my new blog at pilgrimtozion.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X