Pharisee History.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharisee History.

Does anone know what the earliest record of the existence of the group known as the Pharisees is?
    Until you've lost all faith in humanity you will be forever blind.

I believe it started after the Maccabean revolt (Hanukkah). I will have to refresh my memory.

Comment

Originally posted by napsnsnacks View Post
      Does anone know what the earliest record of the existence of the group known as the Pharisees is?
      Not as far as I can see!
      ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

I've read they come from the Hasidim described in I Maccabees. They were supporters of the Maccabees through John Hyrcanus (however described as pacifists in I Maccabees). They were more about passive resistance from the time of Pompey (Jesus of Nazareth, Joseph Klausner).
        "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?'
        And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'"
        Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Here is some history from wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharisee

Comment

I was wondering because Jesus accused them of shedding the blood of the prophets so that goes way back hundreds of years, maybe more, so I was curious if He was referring to Pharisees specifically as if they may have existed back then on the Old Testament or of the garden variety Jews of the Old Testament.
            Until you've lost all faith in humanity you will be forever blind.

Comment

I was wondering because Jesus accused them of shedding the blood of the prophets so that goes way back hundreds of years, maybe more, so I was curious if He was referring to Pharisees specifically as if they may have existed back then on the Old Testament or of the garden variety Jews of the Old Testament.
              He was simply speaking of the Jewish religious leaders of the various days. Not necessarily the sect of the Pharisee. They were simply the sons of those "fathers" of the nation.

Visit our new website
              ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
              "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Working...
              X