1000th Post - Yukerism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000th Post - Yukerism

Too much is made of calvinism, arminianism, pelagianism and so many other -isms....so I throw one more out there

The twelve points of yukerism is as follows.

1. The born again are chosen before the foundation of the world.
    2. The born again cannot sin.
    3. The born again will endure to the end.
    4. The born again are controlled by the Holy Spirit.
    5. The born again can do nothing (even what looks like sin) without Christ.
    6. The born again are eternally secure.
    7. The born again can never know they are born again until the end.
    8. The born again have sin living within their flesh that sins.
    9. The born again have all sinned.
    10. The born again will never fall away.
    11. The born again are not under the abolished law.
    12. The born again believe in Christ, but not all who believe in Christ are born again.

Any I missed?

Congratulations Yuke! How many of those have not been on the topic of Yukerism?

I may not agree with you in full but you did miss indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukerboy View Post
      Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

I John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Congratulations on 1000 posts!

God Bless!
      Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Comment

Too much is made of calvinism, arminianism, pelagianism and so many other -isms....so I throw one more out there

12. The born again believe in Christ, but not all who believe in Christ are born again.

Any I missed?
        Don't these in red contradict each other? I'm sure you've got a great explanation and I'm going to need one.

This has gotta stink. #7 I mean.

Comment

Any I missed?
          Congrats on hitting 1000 posts.

I see you lack faith on your list.
          I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
          Have you laid your burdens down?

Comment

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

I John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
            All true. And the only ones who are led by the Spirit of God endure to the end. And the only ones who endure to the end are born again. And the only way we know we were led by the Spirit and born again is by enduring to the end.

Don't these in red contradict each other? I'm sure you've got a great explanation and I'm going to need one.

This has gotta stink. #7 I mean.
            All have sinned. All have sin living within their flesh. The born again cannot sin once they are born again for God's seed remains in them.

Congrats on hitting 1000 posts.

I see you lack faith on your list.
            I thought it would be a given.

Comment

All true. And the only ones who are led by the Spirit of God endure to the end. And the only ones who endure to the end are born again. And the only way we know we were led by the Spirit and born again is by enduring to the end.
              How does the thought that we are given of the Holy Spirit, that we receive assurance of God Spiritually, and can even come boldly unto the throne of grace reconcile with the thought of total depravity? It seems that you believe in some kind of middle ground between total deparavity and being born again.

God Bless!
              Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Comment

How does the thought that we are given of the Holy Spirit, that we receive assurance of God Spiritually, and can even come boldly unto the throne of grace reconcile with the thought of total depravity? It seems that you believe in some kind of middle ground between total deparavity and being born again.
                I don't understand what you mean.

Man is totally depraved and cannot come to God unless God gave that man to Christ.

A lot of people believe they came to God, but did not, for those that did will endure to the end.

The only way of knowing that you have come to God is to endure to the end.

Comment

Any I missed?
                  You need to rewrite 1 because honestly... that one starts you off screaming ERROR!

1. You are born again before the foundation of the world when you are elected.

And TrustingFollower was right and "given" or not... it ought to cause you and those that believe the same to tremble. You didn't mention faith because you truly believe faith isn't the major issue. Your major issue is election and without election no man can please God.

Honestly... this sort of doctrine is just plain full of holes and Scriptural problems. But hey... you may as well call yourself a Calvinist and I wouldn't be so hard on them. You may be a duck with a few different spots of color... but you're still a duck.

Visit our new website
                  ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                  "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

I don't understand what you mean.

Man is totally depraved and cannot come to God unless God gave that man to Christ.

A lot of people believe they came to God, but did not, for those that did will endure to the end.

I submit that if you believe all of the above, then you don't believe you can know the Truth. It isn't that complicated to make that assumption. Another way of stating it is that if the above is true, then we are totally depraved until the end, therefore not being able to know the Truth.

In reality, your statements are made to fit a system and nothing more.

I have heard some suggest (meaning Calvinist's) that certain men are given a measure of light in order to help the Elect or to keep order on Earth, etc. These are essentially deceived as they remain reprobate, but are used of God beyond total depravation since they can understand at some level the things of God.

Anyway, I am still glad and can shout hallelujah that if you are right then there can be no possible consequence to holding a contrary view.

Perhaps you can add that to your "Yukerisms".

God Bless!
                    Watchinginawe

Comment

Originally posted by watchinginawe View Post
                      I submit that if you believe all of the above, then you don't believe you can know the Truth. It isn't that complicated to make that assumption. Another way of stating it is that if the above is true, then we are totally depraved until the end, therefore not being able to know the Truth.

I have heard some suggest (meaning Calvinist's) that certain men are given a measure of light in order to help the Elect or to keep order on Earth, etc. These are essentially deceived as they remain reprobate, but are used of God beyond total depravation since they can understand at some level the things of God.

Anyway, I am still glad and can shout hallelujah that if you are right then there can be no possible consequence to holding a contrary view.

God Bless!
                      If one thinks about it... to say "I cannot know" is so totally void of faith to the point where there is simply no faith at all. Just another of the many holes. It is truly a marvel to me.

Visit our new website
                      ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                      "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

You need to rewrite 1 because honestly... that one starts you off screaming ERROR!

1. You are born again before the foundation of the world when you are elected.

And TrustingFollower was right and "given" or not... it ought to cause you and those that believe the same to tremble. You didn't mention faith because you truly believe faith isn't the major issue. Your major issue is election and without election no man can please God.

Honestly... this sort of doctrine is just plain full of holes and Scriptural problems. But hey... you may as well call yourself a Calvinist and I wouldn't be so hard on them. You may be a duck with a few different spots of color... but you're still a duck.
                        Point 1 stays as is. The born again were chosen before the foundation of the world.

As for faith, faith is given to the born again. It doesn't change one point.

God Bless!
                        They either come to God or they don't. They are either totally depraved or saved.

Comment

Point 1 stays as is. The born again were chosen before the foundation of the world.

As for faith, faith is given to the born again. It doesn't change one point.

They either come to God or they don't. They are either totally depraved or saved.
                          If one has faith given in the way you present... then Paul strongly misrepresented the gospel to the jailer in Philipi. "What must I do to be saved?" Notice Paul did not say... if God gives you faith then you can be saved or it is only for the elect so it's a crap shoot buddy!

Acts 16:29 *And he called for lights and rushed in and, trembling with fear, he fell down before Paul and Silas,
                          30 *and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
                          31 *And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved, you and your household."
                          32 *And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house.
                          33 *And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.
                          34 *And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Yukerboy, I think you are confusing Total Depravity and the state of being lost or in sin. They aren't exactly the same thing.

God Bless!
                            Watchinginawe

Comment

In my experiences and what I have witnessed... seeing a person heal another person as the Holy Spirit manifests through them, I bet is a good indicator that they have come to God. Also, hearing God speak through a prophet is a good indicator that such a person has come to God. I can go on as I have witnessed all the Gifts of the Holy Spirit except one.

And they are enduring now and it's not their end yet
                              Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Working...
                              X