Graced Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graced Again!

“God no longer holds you responsible for the smallest sin. Every single sin is forgiven. When faith is said to be credited for righteousness, it is because of what your faith receives: when you believe, Christ’s righteousness is credited to your account, and your sins are credited to his account. If both of these things do not happen, you cannot consider yourself forgiven. Sin would be charged to your account. In the gospel, two things happen: first, God removes the charge of sin against your account. Second, God gives you the gift of righteousness from Christ. You receive this double gift when you receive Christ’s redemption through the shedding of his blood.”
    Walter Marshall, sermon, “The Doctrine of Justification Explained and Applied”

This about sums it up!

Originally posted by mikebr View Post

This about sums it up!
    So it does not matter how we live, meaning we have no need for the spirit, by which, if we are led of the spirit we shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh in the first place.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

There is no need to endure since you cannot fall or be accused of sin.

Firstfruits

Comment

This about sums it up!
      Can you show me where Scripture teaches this accounting?

Comment

I guess you'll have to ask ol' Walt those questions.

These two must be disproven. Can you do that?

First, God removes the charge of sin against your account.
        Second, God gives you the gift of righteousness from Christ.

I think both can be proven biblically.

I am dripping with that greasy grace.

Comment

Three things.

Whooo hooo! No sin is held against me, so let's eat and drink for tomorrow we die!

Why the pride in the greasy grace?

Why can't you show scriptural support for something you believe in? That wouldn't make it yours, but 'ol Walts, eh?
          Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
          Not second or third, but first.
          Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
          when He is the source of all hope,
          when His love is received and freely given,
          holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
          will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

What is 'greasy grace'?
            sigpic

Comment

Sin has to be dealt with throughout our lives. Baptism, which gets its power from the blood of Christ, takes care of our original sin that we inherited from Adam plus those sins we have committed before Baptism, those are completely washed away for good. But Baptism does not take care of our sins afterwards. St. John tells us how to deal with those sins, "1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

The idea that we can live like hell and still go to Heaven as if we have some kind of diplomatic immunity is just not Biblical.

Comment

Originally posted by BrckBrln View Post
                What is 'greasy grace'?
                No matter what we do, what we say, what we think, no matter what - grace covers us.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                  Sin has to be dealt with throughout our lives. Baptism, which gets its power from the blood of Christ, takes care of our original sin that we inherited from Adam plus those sins we have committed before Baptism, those are completely washed away for good. But Baptism does not take care of our sins afterwards. St. John tells us how to deal with those sins, "1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

The idea that we can live like hell and still go to Heaven as if we have some kind of diplomatic immunity is just not Biblical.
                  Hey McGyver, you've coined a new term, Biblical immunity. LOL!

Comment

I guess you'll have to ask ol' Walt those questions.

These two must be disproven. Can you do that?

First, God removes the charge of sin against your account.
                    Second, God gives you the gift of righteousness from Christ.

I think both can be proven biblically.

First, I don't disagree that God removes our sins, not the charge of sin against us, but the actual sins.

The second one is easy to disprove, their is no Scripture to support this claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch5 View Post
                      First, I don't disagree that God removes our sins, not the charge of sin against us, but the actual sins.

The second one is easy to disprove, their is no Scripture to support this claim.

Romans 5
                      17For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ. 18So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

1 Corinthians 1
                      30But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

Philippians 3
                      8More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, 9and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

Comment

21God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Comment

30It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Comment

For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ. (Rom 5:17)

Comment

Originally posted by threebigrocks View Post
                              Romans 5
                              17For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ. 18So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

1 Corinthians 1
                              30But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

Philippians 3
                              8More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, 9and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

Sorry TBR, that's what I get for skipping posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X