So...Hell was created by God right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...Hell was created by God right?

Sorry I know this was already posted beecause I just read up on it, I Just registered today, recently. And I just want to be sure if Hell was created by God or by man, And also, I'd like to know if Hell is an eternal death (meaning forever) or just a quick death. Thanks guys for your support and co-operation.

One more thing. http://h1.ripway.com/Hell/Do_People_Burn_in_Hell_Forever.pdf
    (Can anybody find any flaws or false things said in this PDF?)
    a. provide me with verses showing otherwise, or b. point out which of the many things in my PDF that you claim the Bible doesn't say. Unless you're using some strange different Bible that is.

There'es this one guy giving me a hard time and he says Hell is a quick death according to his PDF. He says exactly this (his exact words): "What about the death side of things? Those are verses on their own. Can you not answer that either?

But, you're free to believe what you want, but it would seem to me that you haven't been able to reply with a single scripture indicating otherwise. That is sad. Because if you do not base beliefs on scripture, then what does one base them on?

I suggest you do not post further biblical related topics on basil again unless you can either a. provide me with verses showing otherwise, or b. point out which of the many things in my PDF that you claim the Bible doesn't say. Unless you're using some strange different Bible that is. " (What he's trying to find out is if there are any false or wrong things in the link I provided above, and if so he wants me to prove it with other scriptures) Im trying to find out and prove to him that Hell is an eternal death and not a quick one but he just won't budge UNTIL I prove to him with scriptures. >.<

Does anybody know? :|

Comment

Originally posted by haryches View Post
      Sorry I know this was already posted beecause I just read up on it, I Just registered today, recently. And I just want to be sure if Hell was created by God or by man, And also, I'd like to know if Hell is an eternal death (meaning forever) or just a quick death. Thanks guys for your support and co-operation.
      God created the lake of fire, if that is what you mean.

Comment

did God create hell after Eve sinned?

Comment

Originally posted by StrongVibe View Post
          did God create hell after Eve sinned?
          Let us please stop using the word "hell." The word carries connotations the words it translates do not.

In Daniel, a stream of fire comes forth from God's thrown. It seems to be a symbol of judgment. Did and does God create judgment? Yes.

Comment

Matt 25:41
            "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels

The fire is everlasting, and it was prepared for the devil and his angels. Those who reject God also go to this fire.

The idea of "quick death" is the same as annihilation, but the Bible doesn't teach this. There will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the saved and the unsaved.

Matt 10:28
            And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul . But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Rev 20:10
            The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev 20:12-15
            And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire . This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire .
            Love In Christ,
            Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaP View Post
              Matt 25:41
              "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels

The fire is everlasting, and it was prepared for the devil and his angels. Those who reject God also go to this fire.

The idea of "quick death" is the same as annihilation, but the Bible doesn't teach this. There will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the saved and the unsaved.

Matt 10:28
              And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul . But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Rev 20:10
              The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev 20:12-15
              And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire . This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire .
              Amen, the false teaching of annihilation embraced by so many Neo-Evangelicals is destructive. It almost teaches an easy way out for those who choose to reject Christ. I think Hell is a good catch all term for punishment, I I think it was Spurgeon who said "When Hell is banished from the pulpit it shows up in the congregation. Spurgeon was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by haryches View Post

One more thing. http://h1.ripway.com/Hell/Do_People_Burn_in_Hell_Forever.pdf
                (Can anybody find any flaws or false things said in this PDF?)
                a. provide me with verses showing otherwise, or b. point out which of the many things in my PDF that you claim the Bible doesn't say. Unless you're using some strange different Bible that is.

There'es this one guy giving me a hard time and he says Hell is a quick death according to his PDF. He says exactly this (his exact words): "What about the death side of things? Those are verses on their own. Can you not answer that either?

But, you're free to believe what you want, but it would seem to me that you haven't been able to reply with a single scripture indicating otherwise. That is sad. Because if you do not base beliefs on scripture, then what does one base them on?

I suggest you do not post further biblical related topics on basil again unless you can either a. provide me with verses showing otherwise, or b. point out which of the many things in my PDF that you claim the Bible doesn't say. Unless you're using some strange different Bible that is. " (What he's trying to find out is if there are any false or wrong things in the link I provided above, and if so he wants me to prove it with other scriptures) Im trying to find out and prove to him that Hell is an eternal death and not a quick one but he just won't budge UNTIL I prove to him with scriptures. >.<
                Hell was created by the Creator. There is no one else named the Creator in God's word. So everything that needed to be created was created by God.

And this, which is what I believe which may not be the view of this forum ministry. Is the hell is where you stay until judgement. Lake of fire is where eternal judgement will be. This is not because I believe a certain doctrine, like some would imply. This is what I get from reading the difference between the two.

Some believe that there is no difference between hell and the lake of fire. I believe there is because hell will be thrown into the lake of fire. So in the end, only the lake of fire will exist because in the end, only things that are eternal will exist.

Also, I notice the guy is taunting you in a way. Those actually looking for truth do not get prideful about truth. Pride gets in the way of truth. This is why God commands us to be humble. His challenge to you is tempting you to become prideful in your response back to him. Do you think you could prove him wrong? And if you did, do you think he would admit to being wrong? People who are not looking for truth can never be corrected. So if this person rejects verse you present, then he is not looking for truth.

Eternal damnation is eternal period. Also, the words "for ever" means eternity as well.

mk 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
                Note: By request I can only post and see the tech section of this forum. So don't respond to my posts in the other sections because I cannot see them so I cannot respond. You can PM me if you need to.
                My site: http://www.yecheadquarters.org/

Comment

Christians are motivated by love to receive and serve Jesus Christ. If God had only threats of punishment in hell to cause us to love and serve Him... what does that say?

Does God win our hearts and rule our hearts based on fear, death, hell... threats, intimidation, domination, and coercive control? Do these things produce loving relationships with God and are they the source of the church's authority and power?

They have nothing to do with my personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by justsurfing View Post
                    Christians are motivated by love to receive and serve Jesus Christ. If God had only threats of punishment in hell to cause us to love and serve Him... what does that say?

Does God win our hearts and rule our hearts based on fear, death, hell... threats, intimidation, domination, and coercive control? Do these things produce loving relationships with God and are they the source of the church's authority and power?

They have nothing to do with my personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
                    There is a difference between getting us to make the right choice, because we have a choice. Then forcing us to make a choice regardless. One shows us love from keeping us from eternal damnation. The other forces love which is not true love.

Example: In the Garden of Eden. If God would have told Adam and Eve not to eat of the tree of knowledge. And did not tell them why. What good would that have done? If we do not know when to fear an action that may hurt us. Then when do we what to fear, and what not to fear?

Telling Adam and Eve was showing God's wisdom and love. By showing what not to do. Should it cause fear to keep someone doing what is right. Then the fear is the fear of wisdom.
                    Note: By request I can only post and see the tech section of this forum. So don't respond to my posts in the other sections because I cannot see them so I cannot respond. You can PM me if you need to.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                      Originally posted by ikester7579 View Post
                      There is a difference between getting us to make the right choice, because we have a choice.
                      Coercion is not free will or choice. Love is the only power... and it's the power of God... that is not coercive. Presenting a choice to someone and saying, "Love me or I'll punish you in hell for all eternity!"... is not love nor is it "free will". It's threat, coercion, and the most extreme emotional blackmail. Hell had nothing to do with my personal decision to love Jesus Christ.

Then forcing us to make a choice regardless.
                      I see now the force that exists in this doctrine. People say, "God who is love would never force someone to love Him." Yet they believe that God forces people to go to hell because they didn't heed His threat of "Love me or I'll send you to hell for all eternity!"

I don't believe anyone is cast into the lake of fire by their own free will. God can force people against their wills into the lake of fire... but cannot override their fallen wills to have grace on them? Actually, I believe that's what He does in the lake of fire.

There's no such thing as a free will decision for Christ. Only grace and love explains the decision.
                      Amen.

One shows us love from keeping us from eternal damnation.
                      Amen.
                      The other forces love which is not true love.
                      There is forced punishment. Because punishment is resisted. There is no forced love and grace. Only grace and love explains the decision.

Example: In the Garden of Eden. If God would have told Adam and Eve not to eat of the tree of knowledge. And did not tell them why. What good would that have done? If we do not know when to fear an action that may hurt us. Then when do we what to fear, and what not to fear?
                      God said they'd die. They ate the fruit anyway. People are warned of hell... and go there anyway. Fear does not motivate people to love God. Only grace and love explain the decision to choose Christ.

Telling Adam and Eve was showing God's wisdom and love. By showing what not to do. Should it cause fear to keep someone doing what is right. Then the fear is the fear of wisdom.
                      Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Fear of punishment is antithetical to grace and love. Perfect love casts out fear. He who fears is not made perfect in love. Jesus destroyed Satan and Satan's control over man through fear of death... fear of punishment.

Since Jesus destroyed fear of punishment... why do we believe fear of punishment death and hell... rather than grace and love... cause people to receive Jesus Christ and serve Jesus Christ?

There is no fear in love. He who fears is not made perfect in love.

Comment

Originally posted by justsurfing View Post

Coercion is not free will or choice. Love is the only power... and it's the power of God... that is not coercive. Presenting a choice to someone and saying, "Love me or I'll punish you in hell for all eternity!"... is not love nor is it "free will". It's threat, coercion, and the most extreme emotional blackmail. Hell had nothing to do with my personal decision to love Jesus Christ.

I see now the force that exists in this doctrine. People say, "God who is love would never force someone to love Him." Yet they believe that God forces people to go to hell because they didn't heed His threat of "Love me or I'll send you to hell for all eternity!"

I don't believe anyone is cast into the lake of fire by their own free will. God can force people against their wills into the lake of fire... but cannot override their fallen wills to have grace on them? Actually, I believe that's what He does in the lake of fire.

Amen.

Amen.

There is forced punishment. Because punishment is resisted. There is no forced love and grace. Only grace and love explains the decision.

God said they'd die. They ate the fruit anyway. People are warned of hell... and go there anyway. Fear does not motivate people to love God. Only grace and love explain the decision to choose Christ.

Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Fear of punishment is antithetical to grace and love. Perfect love casts out fear. He who fears is not made perfect in love. Jesus destroyed Satan and Satan's control over man through fear of death... fear of punishment.

Since Jesus destroyed fear of punishment... why do we believe fear of punishment death and hell... rather than grace and love... cause people to receive Jesus Christ and serve Jesus Christ?

There is no fear in love. He who fears is not made perfect in love.
                        If God is all about love only, then why is there a hell?

Comment

Hello Haryches
                          This appears to be a duplicate thread. Do you have a Youngs or Strongs?

http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?...7&postcount=23
                          God didn't make hell, either of them.

We all go to Hell No.1 (Sheol) when we die, even Jesus, see Acts 2.
                          Hell No.2 (Gehenna) hasn't happened yet.

God bless
                          Steven

Comment

Hell No.2 (Gehenna) hasn't happened yet.
                            Unless you believe Jesus was thinking within the scope of his historical context, and expected geenna to be fulfilled with the events of 66-70 AD when thousands of Jews (the "generation of vipers") were slaughtered, and thrown into the valleys to become food for the animals as Jeremiah described, then, no, it has not yet happened. However, since Jesus was largely concerned with the lost sheep of Israel and the wolves that preyed on them, I think it is more likely that geenna was constrained to a historical context. I think we should forget about geenna, anyway, and say "lake of fire" since that's the only reference to judgment we can say for sure is future and final. Know what I'm saying?

Besides, if you do contend geenna is future, you're basically an annihilationist without realizing it.

Also, can we please ditch the word "hell" altogether? It carries connotations not present in any of the Greek words it translates. Let us remain true to Scripture and talk about hades and post-resurrection judgment.

Comment

Hi E
                              Originally posted by enarchay View Post
                              Unless you believe Jesus was thinking within the scope of his historical context, and expected geenna to be fulfilled with the events of 66-70 AD when thousands of Jews (the "generation of vipers") were slaughtered, and thrown into the valleys to become food for the animals as Jeremiah described, then, no, it has not happened. I think we should forget about geenna as well and say "lake of fire" since that's the only reference to judgment we can say for sure is future and final. Know what I'm saying?

Besides, if you do contend geenna is future, you're basically an annihilationist without realizing it.
                              Well I am a bit of an annihilationist and do realize it...

But otherwise, Ah yes, well you've already (correctly) pulled me up on the above once before and I grant you that I forget quickly. I was just making it simple for the OP. What I meant to say was that Gehenna hasn't happened a third time yet. Just like the kingdom coming hasn't happened a third time yet. etc... These type/foreshadow fulfillments make life difficult don't they

Have a good one
                              S

Comment

Working...
                              X