Favorite Primary Bible Version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Primary Bible Version.

OK. I am sure most if not all of you have a number of translations. This is your primary, the one you read the most and study the most or carry to Church or keep on the nightstand. For me I like the NASB95. Solid translation and good footnotes. Some call it stiff or wooden, I don't feel that so much in the 95 Update. But please, I would be delighted to hear what you use and perhaps a brief reason why. Grace and Peace.
    AV
    1.54%
    NKJV
    13.85%
    NIV
    20.00%
    NASB
    21.54%
    ESV
    9.23%
    Other
    33.85%

To read for pleasure (READING THE BIBLE FOR PLEASURE!!! SCANDALOUS!!!) I use the Message:Remix paraphrase. It flows so poetically and is easy to read like a normal book.

For expositional study, the NKJV just does it so well for me. It's like a textbook Bible.

<3

Comment

Originally posted by roshkoch View Post
      To read for pleasure (READING THE BIBLE FOR PLEASURE!!! SCANDALOUS!!!) I use the Message:Remix paraphrase. It flows so poetically and is easy to read like a normal book.

For expositional study, the NKJV just does it so well for me. It's like a textbook Bible.

<3
      Actually all good choices within reason. I like the NKJV for a Majority Text reading. Remember the focus here is your primary Bible...everyone has one! If you think you don't look at all your Bibles and the one that looks loke it has been in a twister is probably it!

Comment

Originally posted by anglican-cat View Post
        Actually all good choices within reason. I like the NKJV for a Majority Text reading. Remember the focus here is your primary Bible...everyone has one! If you think you don't look at all your Bibles and the one that looks loke it has been in a twister is probably it!
        Primary would be too difficult to define. I guess I'd say I use the BibleGateway.com version (is that cheating?)

Comment

Primary would be too difficult to define. I guess I'd say I use the BibleGateway.com version (is that cheating?)

LOL! I use PC Study bible more than I do my trusty old paper bible. Good one.
          Matt 9:13
          13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
          NASU

Comment

LOL!!!! Yes that is cheating my Brother! But I to love BibleGateway!

Comment

ESV. Partly because of technical matters like the Colorado Springs Guidelines, but moreso because reading it reads like real translators not seminarians did it. Used to use NIV but its agendas are so blatant difficult to respect it or feel warm about it.

Of course ultimately St. Jerome is the business... we should never have left the Vulgate...

Comment

Originally posted by Steven3 View Post
                we should never have left the Vulgate...
                Vulgate sounds like such a dirty word. I still giggle when I read it in the footnotes.... hehehe

Comment

Vulgate sounds like such a dirty word. I still giggle when I read it in the footnotes.... hehehe
                  For shame to say Vulgate in mixed company!

Comment

The NASB is my primary Bible.
                    The Journal of my grandson Nathaniel's courageous battle with cancer.........

http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/input...nathanielemily

Revelation 21:4) And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

Comment

Originally posted by Debra R View Post
                      The NASB is my primary Bible.
                      A fine choice!

Comment

I voted other. I am surprised that the KJV is not one of the choices on the poll! The KJV is like my life line. However I do study with other versions to get a clearer meaning. I mostly like NKJV and NASB. By the way I love the BiblegateWay.com as I can study from all of them with out having Bibles all over my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by ptlkarrie View Post
                          I voted other. I am surprised that the KJV is not one of the choices on the poll! The KJV is like my life line. However I do study with other versions to get a clearer meaning. I mostly like NKJV and NASB. By the way I love the BiblegateWay.com as I can study from all of them with out having Bibles all over my desk.
                          King James is there my friend! The real title of what is called the King James is The Authorized Version of The Holy Bible. I just place it as AV. Sorry! I should have put both I guess!

Comment

The King James is what I read for myself.

Comment

I prefer the NASB myself.

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
                              Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

Working...
                              X