Can we still Sin in Heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we still Sin in Heaven?

Pre to having are perfect bodys in Heaven, will we be albe to to sin still?
    When we recive are perfect bodys in Heaven will we be albe to sin still?

We won't be albe kill in Heaven and won't have evil thoughts from fallan angels as we do on earth.

How does having a perfect body prevent us from sinning?
    We still have freewill still in Heaven? Won't we have to lose are freewill to be perfect?

We know satan and the angels was perfect but still sin, does that mean that if they could we could? Was that because they had freewill?
    Anyhow we will be perfect but if we dont obey God cause we have freewill that's a sin right?

Yours Peter

I think God will protect us from sinning and temptation.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi PeterJ
      Originally posted by PeterJ View Post
      Can't possibly answer that question from the Bible I'm afraid, because the Bible says nothing about going to heaven except John 3:13. However the answer in the resurrection is, thankfully, no:

Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Luke 20:36 for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

The wages of sin are death. So if they can't die, ergo they can't sin.

We know satan and the angels was perfect but still sin, does that mean that if they could we could?
      Did they? Where does the Bible say that? Well if they could then what Jesus said in matt22:30 about angels not marrying or dieing is a bit odd. Look also at Heb1:14 - it says "all" angels, not "some" angels.
      God bless
      Steven

Comment

We won't be albe kill in Heaven and won't have evil thoughts from fallan angels as we do on earth.

How does having a perfect body prevent us from sinning?
        We still have freewill still in Heaven? Won't we have to lose are freewill to be perfect?

We know satan and the angels was perfect but still sin, does that mean that if they could we could? Was that because they had freewill?
        Anyhow we will be perfect but if we dont obey God cause we have freewill that's a sin right?

Yours Peter
        We will be free of this sinful body in heaven. The sin nature will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven3 View Post
          Hi PeterJ

Can't possibly answer that question from the Bible I'm afraid, because the Bible says nothing about going to heaven except John 3:13. However the answer in the resurrection is, thankfully, no:

Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Luke 20:36 for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

The wages of sin are death. So if they can't die, ergo they can't sin.

Did they? Where does the Bible say that? Well if they could then what Jesus said in matt22:30 about angels not marrying or dieing is a bit odd. Look also at Heb1:14 - it says "all" angels, not "some" angels.
          God bless
          Steven
          That means we can still sin untill we get are new body?

Matthew 22:30 says we be like the angels, but the angels did sin and joined satan, does that mean we got the freewill to sin? like they did?

I ment satan and the angels had perfect bodys, or did they not?
          If they have perfect bodys and we will, does that mean we could sin to?

Did they sin cause they had freewill? will we have freewill?
          Or will we have freewill of perfect goodness?

Comment

Hi Peter
            That means we can still sin until we get are new body?
            If we're alive we'll sin. If we're dead we'll sleep (the dead cannot praise God, see Psalm 6:5). If we're raised, or alive when Christ returns, we'll be judged. If we're judged acceptable we'll be transformed "like unto his glorious body".

Romans 6:10 For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God.

Matthew 22:30 says we be like the angels, but the angels did sin and joined satan, does that mean we got the freewill to sin? like they did?

I ment satan and the angels had perfect bodys, or did they not?
            If they have perfect bodys and we will, does that mean we could sin to?

Did they sin cause they had freewill? will we have freewill?
            Or will we have freewill of perfect goodness?
            Well you've asked a very good question because if all those stories about angels having fallen from heaven are literally true, and we're going to be like angels, then sure why not - there's no guarantee that we wouldn't sin like the angels did. If the stories are true.

Maybe the fallen angels are Christians who were 'perfected', sinned again, then went back in time to tempt Adam & Eve. That's an idea I've heard. though I think it's tutti frutti.
            God bless
            S,

Comment

Hi Peter If we're alive we'll sin. If we're dead we'll sleep (the dead cannot praise God, see Psalm 6:5). If we're raised, or alive when Christ returns, we'll be judged. If we're judged acceptable we'll be transformed "like unto his glorious body".

Romans 6:10 For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God.

Well you've asked a very good question because if all those stories about angels having fallen from heaven are literally true, and we're going to be like angels, then sure why not - there's no guarantee that we wouldn't sin like the angels did. If the stories are true.

Maybe the fallen angels are Christians who were 'perfected', sinned again, then went back in time to tempt Adam & Eve. That's an idea I've heard. though I think it's tutti frutti.
              God bless
              S,
              Psst... add to that the verse where Paul asked, rhetorically, 'know you know that we will judge angels?'

Just to further confuse the question.
              One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father over us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve M View Post
                Psst... add to that the verse where Paul asked, rhetorically, 'know you know that we will judge angels?'

Just to further confuse the question.
                SteveM takes can opener dangerously near large can of worms... I

Comment

SteveM takes can opener dangerously near large can of worms... I
                  I can't help it; it's in my nature. A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing... and I've got very little.
                  One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father over us all.

Comment

Shalom Peter,

Sin is found in the flesh. IN HEAVEN we are not in the flesh, so no, we cannot sin. There is no sin in the presence of G-d and if we are in His presence in Heaven (which we are), we cannot sin.

We will not sin because we will "be like the angels" (not marrying and not giving in marriage.)

Mark 12
                    24Jesus said to them, "Is this not the reason you are wrong, because(AO) you know neither the Scriptures nor(AP) the power of God? 25For when they rise from the dead, they neither(AQ) marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Revelation 21:
                    1Then I saw(A) a new heaven and a new earth, for(B) the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2And I saw(C) the holy city,(D) new Jerusalem,(E) coming down out of heaven from God,(F) prepared(G) as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold,(H) the dwelling place[a] of God is with man. He will(I) dwell with them, and they will be his people,[b] and God himself will be with them as their God.[c] 4(J) He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and(K) death shall be no more,(L) neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."
                    ~~In Messiah,
                    Vickilynn
                    Micah 6:8

sigpic

Comment

God bless
                      S,
                      We won't be like angels...we will get a glorified body like Christ's.

I Cor 15:42-49 "So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven."

Comment

Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
                        We won't be like angels...we will get a glorified body like Christ's.

I Cor 15:42-49 "So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven."

Good post

But this refers to after the return of Christ to earth and the resurrection, I think PeterJ is asking about sinning "in heaven", what's to prevent a dead person who goes to heaven sinning between going to heaven and the resurrection described in the above verses?

God bless
                        S.

Comment

Good post

But this refers to after the return of Christ to earth and the resurrection, I think PeterJ is asking about sinning "in heaven", what's to prevent a dead person who goes to heaven sinning between going to heaven and the resurrection described in the above verses?

God bless
                          S.
                          Thanks.

I guess what we have to know is what causes us to sin? Our fleshly body, right?

Comment

James 1:14,15
                            14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.
                            15 Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death
                            "Enter by the Narrow Gate...
                            Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way...
                            ... there are few who find it."

-----------------------------------------------

* All Scripture when quoted is taken from:

The New American Standard Bible®,
                            Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
                            1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
                            Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

Italics, bold, color and/or underline are added for emphasis

Comment

Good post

God bless
                              S.
                              Greetings Steven,

I believe the answer can be found in Rev 12. The chapter begins with Christ being born through the nation symbolized as the woman with "the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars". There was another sign in heaven at the birth of Christ, "there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads". "His tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born." But Christ was born, and He was "caught up unto God, and to his throne." The woman here symbolizes the universal church "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days."

Next we read of a war taking place in heaven between Michael and his messengers and Satan and his messengers, and Satan and his messengers were cast out of heaven unto the earth and his messengers were cast out with him. I believe Michael symbolizes Christ after His victory over death and the grave. Now Satan is loosed upon the woman (church) that had given birth to Christ, the woman (church) is nourished for a time, and the devil goes after "the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Guess it's too late to make a long story short ...but, once Christ defeated death and ascended into heaven it was no longer possible for Satan and his gang to remain in heaven. Now when believers die and go spiritually to heaven we have Christ's assurance that we cannot sin, for if we have been made perfect through Spiritual life how could we sin in heaven?

Interesting topic, I thought at first what an odd question, but makes perfect sense when looking at sin from the vantage of fallen messengers.

RW

Comment

Working...
                              X