Them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Them?

And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

Who is the them that God has not counted their trespasses against?

Lookers but no takers?

Comment

That would be the children of God. The passage is in 2 Cor. 5:19 for those who are curious.

Comment

Them = the ones who are not here, now
        Us = the ones who are here, now
        As thy days, so shall thy strength be - Deuteronomy 33:25

Comment

Originally posted by mikebr View Post
          Site the book, chapter and verses you are referencing in your OP.
          I am a Christian man in the Devil's land, spreading the gospel man to man.
          Have you laid your burdens down?

Comment

2 Corinthians 5:18-20 "All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God."

It appears that the antecedent for "their" and "them" is "the world" - as in "God so loved the world".

I think Paul is using it as a genreal term that means God has provided all that is necessary for anyone at any time to be reconciled with Him.
            You were made to think. It will do you good to think; to develop your powers by study. God designed that religion should require thought, intense thought, and should thoroughly develop our powers of thought.

Charles G Finney

http://holyrokker.blogspot.com

Comment

This item reminds me of an old Pink Floyd tune.
              Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

I like Pink Floyd...is that a good thing?
                Matthew 16:26

http://letthemplaytheirinstruments.blogspot.com/

Comment

And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
                  The World. The picture is that the wrath of God has been satisfied (thru the punishment given to the Son) and we are to declare to the world that Justice has been satisfied, the Father is inviting the world back to Himself on account of His Son.

"At the Cross the Fathers hand
                  swung open the Door,
                  opening the Way
                  for rebels to be bathed in Blood,
                  washing away the enmity."
                  ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

Originally posted by shepherdsword View Post
                    This item reminds me of an old Pink Floyd tune.
                    "Haven't you heard it's a battle of words, the poster bearer cried......."*

*Edit:
                    I’m going to get myself in trouble not siting references…. Exert from song Us and Them by Pink Floyd(1973).

Comment

they hate us
                      We hate them

what shall we do with all the hate

Can it be that all have been reconciled to God and that's what we should be preaching?

Comment

Love them to stop hating them...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...ontext=chapter
                        http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...ontext=chapter
                        Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu
                        2 Timothy 3:16 Jehovah Jireh Matthew 6:33

Comment

Anime...are you Japanese?
                          I would love to learn to speak Japanese, but alas my Sensai is too busy to teach it...I know a few phrases, but it sounds so cool! I have some materials, but Rosetta Stone is way too pricey for me.
                          I want to learn, but it is difficult for me to do by myself and there are no nearby classes.
                          Excuse the spelling, but I will have to settle for
                          Nihong go wa hanasse masen...Ego hanassemaska?
                          I learned orally, the words are split and mushed together I'm sure...
                          Matthew 16:26

http://letthemplaytheirinstruments.blogspot.com/

Comment

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
                            2 Cor 5:19

That has to mean the "elect of the whole world" as opposed to just the Jewish nation, otherwise it would be meaningless. God does impute the trespasses to those who are not saved, otherwise they would not be sent to hell.

Comment

Working...
                            X