Jacobs Trouble and the Restoration of Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs Trouble and the Restoration of Israel

Jeremiah 30:7 Alas! for that day is great so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble but he shall be saved out of it.

this scripture talks about Israel's ultimate restoration. But before this blessing will come the Great Tribulation described as the time of Jacob's trouble. This will be brought about because of Israel's sin (30:11-15 but ultimately he shall be saved out of it (30:7)

Isaiah 66:8-9 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed she brought forth her children. verse 9 Shall I bring to the birth and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth and shut the womb? saith thy God.

I want to point out the travailing the pain of Jacob's trouble and the great tribulation and connect it with the pain that God had when giving birth to Israel is Isaiah 66:8-9. And also in 1 Timothy 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

We know that it is not talking about Messiah's Atoinment in 1 Timothy 2:15. What i find interesting about this in it's entirety is that when women give birth it is a Jacob's Trouble because of the sins of Adam and Eve transferring to each person universally in that women will have trouble and have pain giving birth in childbearing.Genesis 3:15 I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception In pain you shall bring forth children.

One day God will restore Israel in whole and take away there Jacob's Trouble. And a Womans Jacob Trouble will end when all things are restored and renewed as mentions in Revelation 21:2-4 Then I John saw the holy city New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes there shall be no more death nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain for the former things have passed away.

Michael

Great passage to look at! Don't miss the part as to a yoke will break!

Jeremiah 30:8
    "...I will break his yoke..."

I see this as the same iron yoke king - Nebuchadnezzar from Jeremiah 28:14.
    /so Iraq's man of sin

/Jeremiah 28:14
    "...a yoke of iron upon the neck of all these nations...serve Nebuchadnezzar..."
    http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

Another part to emphasize too...

Jeremiah 30:11
      "...though I make a full end of all natons whither I have scattered thee, yet will not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished."

What is this saying?
      /The time of the seven vials of God's wrath is not for Israel. Israel must get mercy from God at the end of the trumpet time, as she can only be punished by events that come in less than full measure.

i.e.
      Rev. 15:1
      "And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues: for in them is filled up the wrath of God."
      verse 3/2nd vial
      "...every living soul died in the sea..."
      /an example of the full measure kind, so Israel has to get her mercy from God before the vials can begin.

But Israel is to be punished for the trumpet time that comes this way (less than full measure).

Rev. 8:9
      "And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died..."

So at this point, God has not yet shown His face to Israel and had mercy on her so as to stop the less than full measure plagues.

Comment

Originally posted by sulfurdolphin View Post
        Jeremiah 30:7 Alas! for that day is great so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble but he shall be saved out of it.
        Dear Michael, "that day" (in the Jeremiah verse) is in reference to the over throw of Babylon.
        "Jacob's trouble" in the Jeremiah passage is in reference to the natural seed, not Israel the spiritual.

Jacob's trouble is also a reference to the troubled time Jacob had when he thought his son Joseph was dead (Gen. 43:6). It is also a reference to the power of God.
        In Genesis 32:28 we read of Jacob contending and prevailing. He had contended for the birthright and succeeded(Gen. 25:29-34). He contended for the blessing and succeeded (Gen. 27). He contended with Laban and succeeded (Gen. 31)

Now he contends with God (Gen. 32:28) and fails. Hence his name was changed from Jacob to Israel (God commands) to teach him the greatly needed lesson of dependence upon God.

The Restoration is in Jesus Christ. Who has restored the original spiritual state of created humanity by His Incarnation and Resurrection. It is up to mankind now to decide whether to accept the invitation God has extended by grace through faith.

Comment

A full end has yet to come on Babylon, let alone the other nations. Why?

Because Babylon's kings have yet to finish the Jeremiah 25:11 part, so verse 12 can begin!

"...serve the king of Babylon seventy years."

/yoke of iron -70 years

"And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, {that} I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation,...and the land of the Chaldeans..."

So far the nations have served the yoke - for about 66.5 years!

Nebuchadnezar to Cyrus
          B.C.

Comment

Jeremiah 51:26
            "And they shall not take of thee a stone for a corner, nor a stone for foundations; but thou shalt be desolate for ever."
            v 1
            "...against Babylon..."

Saddam took many stones (with Nebuchadnezzar's name) and started to restore Babylon.

Comment

this scripture talks about Israel's ultimate restoration.
              The context of Jeremiah 29-33 was the upcoming Babylonian Captivity circa 550 B.C.

I believe the ultimate restoration for any Israelite was completed 100% by Jesus at the Cross of Calvary; and that was the hope Jeremiah pointed forward to.

The Liberty Jesus brought Israel at the cross, was 100% complete and sufficient, not lacking or having any deficiency or shortcomings!!

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." Galatians 5:1

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." John 8:36

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call." Acts 2:36

Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

I Corinthians 12:12 "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Galatians 3:26 "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. "

2 Corinthians 3:12 "Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

Comment

The Restoration is in Jesus Christ. Who has restored the original spiritual state of created humanity by His Incarnation and Resurrection. It is up to mankind now to decide whether to accept the invitation God has extended by grace through faith.[/quote]

Amen and Praise God!!!!!!

Comment

this scripture talks about Israel's ultimate restoration. But before this blessing will come the Great Tribulation described as the time of Jacob's trouble. This will be brought about because of Israel's sin (30:11-15 but ultimately he shall be saved out of it (30:7)

Michael
                  Michael,

"Jacob's trouble" is mentioned just this one time in the entire Bible and refers to the Seventy-years Babylonian Captivity of Judah. And he was saved out of it when the seventy years were over and the Persian king, King Cyrus, released all who were Israel who wanted to return back to the land of Israel and rebuild the city of Jerusalem and the temple.

Ezra 1

1 Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,

2 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.

3 Who is there among you of all his people? his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and build the house of the LORD God of Israel, (he is the God,) which is in Jerusalem.

4 And whosoever remaineth in any place where he sojourneth, let the men of his place help him with silver, and with gold, and with goods, and with beasts, beside the freewill offering for the house of God that is in Jerusalem.

5 Then rose up the chief of the fathers of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests, and the Levites, with all them whose spirit God had raised, to go up to build the house of the LORD which is in Jerusalem.

6 And all they that were about them strengthened their hands with vessels of silver, with gold, with goods, and with beasts, and with precious things, beside all that was willingly offered.

Ezra 3:1 And when the seventh month was come, and the children of Israel were in the cities, the people gathered themselves together as one man to Jerusalem

Neh 9:2 And the seed of Israel separated themselves from all strangers, and stood and confessed their sins, and the iniquities of their fathers.

Shirley

Comment

Why do plain history books and the bible seem to show that the Babylonians never ruled severnty years?

Could Cyrus have ruled the three years in chapter 10, then came the first year of Darius and then Cyrus again - so to make him have another first year?
                    Daniel 10 refers to the third year of Cyrus, while chapter 11 mentions the first year of Darius (as does chapter 9).

Daniel 10
                    third year of Cyrus
                    a thing is revealed to Daniel
                    /that was on the first day of the 1st month of that 3rd year
                    /Daniel mourns for three full weeks
                    so is happy again - for days 21, 22, 23
                    then on the 24th day
                    gets a vision of a certain man
                    Daniel loses strength and returns to sorrow
                    /A holy being comes to Daniel, and tells him that he wanted to come
                    explain things to him on the 1st day, but was busy fighting the prince of Persia.
                    /He lets Daniel know that the vision is to befall his people in the latter days.

Well, time is up, and off to fight the prince of Persia, but the being will come back is what he told Daniel. When he does, he will show him the truth that Michael holds. So far, the things that Daniel saw in chapter 10, have not yet been gone into detail. The being didn't have time, that fight with Persia's prince had to get gioing again.
                    So Daniel waits...............for the being to return.
                    He waits for this infromation as to the truth.
                    ......................................time is passing,,,,,,,
                    Daniel 11:1
                    "Also, I in the first year of Darius the Mede, {even} I stood to confirm and to strengthen him."
                    verse 2
                    "And now will I shew thee the truth.......
                    /So here comes the detailed information as to what Daniel was shown in chapter 10 that Michael holds.
                    Where does that part start?
                    Verse 14 places itself as the start of a vison story.
                    /It has to be Daniel 10:1's story
                    /the three full weeks that made Daniel mourn story

Comment

Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
                      Why do plain history books and the bible seem to show that the Babylonians never ruled severnty years?

Could Cyrus have ruled the three years in chapter 10, then came the first year of Darius and then Cyrus again - so to make him have another first year?
                      Daniel 10 refers to the third year of Cyrus, while chapter 11 mentions the first year of Darius (as does chapter 9).

Daniel 10
                      third year of Cyrus
                      then on the 24th day
                      explain things to him on the 1st day, but was busy fighting the prince of Persia.
                      /He lets Daniel know that the vision is to befall his people in the latter days.

Well, time is up, and off to fight the prince of Persia, but the being will come back is what he told Daniel. When he does, he will show him the truth that Michael holds. So far, the things that Daniel saw in chapter 10, have not yet been gone into detail. The being didn't have time, that fight with Persia's prince had to get gioing again.
                      "Also, I in the first year of Darius the Mede, {even} I stood to confirm and to strengthen him."
                      verse 2
                      /So here comes the detailed information as to what Daniel was shown in chapter 10 that Michael holds.
                      2 Chron 36:22 Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD spoken by the mouth of Jeremiah might be accomplished, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,

2 Chron 36:23 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the LORD God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The LORD his God be with him, and let him go up.

Daniel 1:21 And Daniel continued even unto the first year of king Cyrus

Ezra 1:1 Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,

Ezra 1:2 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.

Ezra 5:13 But in the first year of Cyrus the king of Babylon the same king Cyrus made a decree to build this house of God.

The Israelites had to be off the land of Israel for seventy years so the land could enjoy her sabbaths that the Israelites had failed to keep. The 70 years captivity of the Israelites corresponded to the 70 sabbaths of the land that Israel had failed to keep.

Shirley

Comment

Jeremiah 25:11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years. And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 29:10 For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place.

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirleyFord View Post
                          2 Chron 36:22 Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD spoken by the mouth of Jeremiah might be accomplished, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,

2 Chron 36:23 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the LORD God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The LORD his God be with him, and let him go up.

Daniel 1:21 And Daniel continued even unto the first year of king Cyrus

Ezra 1:1 Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,

Ezra 1:2 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.

Ezra 5:13 But in the first year of Cyrus the king of Babylon the same king Cyrus made a decree to build this house of God.

The Israelites had to be off the land of Israel for seventy years so the land could enjoy her sabbaths that the Israelites had failed to keep. The 70 years captivity of the Israelites corresponded to the 70 sabbaths of the land that Israel had failed to keep.

Shirley

But yet, we know that Daniel 10 was done in the third year of Cyrus, but Daniel continued until the first year of Cyrus. Huh?

I agree that they were off of the land for seventy years. My problem with seeing things as a totally done deal yet is where was the Babylonian king then? At the end of the seventy years, there has to be a Babylonian king getting punished.
                          (So how could that have come to pass yet)?
                          Babylon ruled only about 66.5 years, and didn't have any kings left in power at the 70-yr end of the captivity moment.

Nebuchandenezzar
                          605..........more Babylonian kings...........to Cyrus.....539 (Persian King)

So when could Jeremiah 25:12 have ever come to pass?

"And it shall come to pass when seventy years...I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations."

Comment

Daniel 10
                            third year of Cyrus
                            then on the 24th day

verse 2
                            Darius and Cyrus are the same person. Darius is his (Cyrus) appellative, "Darius"(=the Restrainer, or Maintainer, in 9:1 ; 424 BC). Verse 1 or chapter 11 is parenthetical , to tell us what the angel speaker had done two years previously. In verse 2 "now" calls attention to the present time.

The "servitude" began in the fourth year of Jehoiakim, and the first year of Neb, when the "kingdom" passed under Chaldean rule for seventy years (Jer. 25:1). This period closed with "the capture of Babylon by Darius the Mede (Astyages), and the "decree" of Cyrus to rebuild the temple.

The "captivity" commenced and is dated by Ezekial, from the carrying away to Babylon of Jechoniah, in the eighth year of Neb (2 Kings 24:8-16). This was in 489 BC. Consequently, when the "servitude" ended in 426 BC, the "captivity" had lasted for sixty three years (9x7) years. Seven years later Cyrus died, in 419 BC. The year is notable for, the appointment of Nehemiah as governor of Jerusalem by Cambysses (Neh. 5:14).

The "desolations" commenced with the beginning of the third and last siege of Jerusalem by Neb in 479 BC, and cover a period of "seventy years", ending in the second year of Darius Hystaspis. ie. 409 BC

Darius in Daniel 9 is evidently Cyrus, the son of Astyages. And as the first year of his reign was 426 BC, it follows that seventeen years had, then, yet to run before the "desolations" of the Lord were ended, in 409 BC.

Here is a genealogy of the Persian kings.

Comment

Working...
                            X