Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are YOU a christian?

I have been challenged by this verse:
    "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect"
    1Peter 3:15

Here is my defense:
    I hate the sin in me. I see my ugliness, my wretchedness. I feel my shame, my bitterness, my guilt. I see my selfishness, and how it prevents me from living a life of compassion and love and servitude to others.

The only way I was able to change was Jesus. Jesus freed me from it all.

I still struggle, but I know I am forgiven. Jesus is my only hope. For that I want to worship and glorify Him. I will spend the rest of my life seeking Him, praising Him and asking Him to make me more like Him.

Brothers and sisters in Christ - Let us encourage each other and remind each other of all the wonders that are in Christ Jesus.
    What is your defense? Why are YOU a christian?

I am a Christian because God, who is my Creator - in whose hands I am, has made me such.

I do not stand one ounce or one whit on anything in, of, or about myself in becoming or being a Christian. Therefore, when the accuser comes... what can he say?

It is God who justifies.

Romans 8

31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? 3334 Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us. Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself.

Now, when the devil - that son of a b**** - who I hate with everlasting hatred... comes at me with his accusations... every once in while he will "strip me" of some armour, and hence the anointing. (That son of a b****.) But then I "stop"... and look at Jesus again (that son of a b**** tries to "break" our fixed gaze upon Jesus Christ from whence all faith is positionally... and what produces the anointing and "keeps" the armour on us...) I reconfigure and regain my spiritual composure.

That son of a b**** (Satan) tries to "put us on the defensive".

And I reconfigure, recover, regain my spiritual composure... and the anointing comes upon me in power... and when the anointing is upon me as I am fully hidden in Christ... immersed in the Spirit... functioning on God's authority and not my own... on the offensive... in Christ.

it's as if I run across the room, grab him by his dead carcass neck, throw him down as the nothing he is, stomp my foot on his dead limp carcass throat... and break all his power in intercession for the saints.

I hate him... and all his power... whereby he seeks to cause Christians, and others, to look to themselves rather than the Lord Jesus Christ.

And in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I will destroy his evil works.

(I am like really nice and quiet... but extremely militant in spiritual warfare. I will give that sob nothing... and take from all he has stolen from the body of Christ... not by might, nor by power, but my God's Spirit... looking solely to the Lord Jesus Christ... having "lost" in the moment teh anointing falls... all confidence in the flesh.)

I won't look to myself... or allow him to put me on the defensive. I'm coming out of my prayer closet (when I do) in the Holy Ghost and fire... to throw him under the feet of the body of Christ in Jesus' holy name.

Genesis 3:15
    And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

I feel the enmity in raging fire. That s.o.b. stole the husband of my youth.... and God and I will repay him in full... and I will be fully restored and repaid... in glory.

Oh... it's personal.

It's spiritual.

Joel 2:18-32 (New Living Translation)

The Lord’s Promise of Restoration 18 Then the Lord will pity his people
    and jealously guard the honor of his land.
    19 The Lord will reply,
    “Look! I am sending you grain and new wine and olive oil,
    enough to satisfy your needs.
    You will no longer be an object of mockery
    among the surrounding nations.
    20 I will drive away these armies from the north.
    I will send them into the parched wastelands.
    Those in the front will be driven into the Dead Sea,
    and those at the rear into the Mediterranean.[a]
    The stench of their rotting bodies will rise over the land.”
    Surely the Lord has done great things!
    21 Don’t be afraid, my people.
    Be glad now and rejoice,
    for the Lord has done great things.
    22 Don’t be afraid, you animals of the field,
    for the wilderness pastures will soon be green.
    The trees will again be filled with fruit;
    fig trees and grapevines will be loaded down once more.
    23 Rejoice, you people of Jerusalem!
    Rejoice in the Lord your God!
    For the rain he sends demonstrates his faithfulness.
    Once more the autumn rains will come,
    as well as the rains of spring.
    24 The threshing floors will again be piled high with grain,
    and the presses will overflow with new wine and olive oil.

25 The Lord says, “I will give you back what you lost
    to the swarming locusts, the hopping locusts,
    the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts.[b]
    It was I who sent this great destroying army against you.
    26 Once again you will have all the food you want,
    and you will praise the Lord your God,
    who does these miracles for you.
    Never again will my people be disgraced.
    27 Then you will know that I am among my people Israel,
    that I am the Lord your God, and there is no other.
    Never again will my people be disgraced.

The Lord’s Promise of His Spirit

28 [c]“Then, after doing all those things,
    I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
    Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
    Your old men will dream dreams,
    and your young men will see visions.
    29 In those days I will pour out my Spirit
    even on servants—men and women alike.
    30 And I will cause wonders in the heavens and on the earth—
    blood and fire and columns of smoke.
    31 The sun will become dark,
    and the moon will turn blood red
    before that great and terrible[d] day of the Lord arrives.
    32 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
    will be saved,
    for some on Mount Zion in Jerusalem will escape,
    just as the Lord has said.
    These will be among the survivors
    whom the Lord has called.

Comment

I love the God who loved me so scandalously. He made me perfect and I soiled it all up. He still loves me. I want to do Him proud. He deserves more than what I can offer, but He graciously accepts what I do have to offer.

Comment

John 3: 16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

That's why I am a christian!
        My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. (2 Co 12: 9)

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jer 29: 11)

Comment

I am a Christian because when I finally got tired of searching for God and not finding Him I cried out, with all my being and He came to me in the Holy Spirit. Then the Spirit of God moved me into a Christian Church and the Word being taught there was in agreement with the Spirit that had overcome me.

Comment

Originally posted by savedwretch View Post
            What is your defense? Why are YOU a christian?
            I have no defense except God, I recognize no authority except God, and I have no idea why God called me to Christianity.
            All I know for certain is that I became a fool for Christ when the Father showed me the Son.

Comment

I am a Christian because I feel called to be a Christian and also because being a Christian feels fulfilling and meaningful, not in a logical or intellectual way, but in a way I cannot explain. In the same way Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and Moses and so on obeyed God when it seemed unusual, so also do I. It's like following God and the Messiah is in my bones and I can't really help it

Comment

Follower

I am now a follower of Christ because he pursued me relentlessly, even when I was a sinner. But now, I too pursue Him with a passion.
                sigpicLife! Just Live It!
                http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

I'm a follower of Yeshua (I don't call myself "Christian" - see my sig for that) for the one reason that I felt for many years like Yaacov wrestling with God.
                  I did everything I could against it but God gave me a "knock-out" with the weapon of Love. That convinced me.

Blessings
                  Isa 40:31 But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

No, I am not a "Christian". I am a "Jew". I do however, believe in Yeshua, I believe He is the son of God and that He died to give me life in Him.
                  ( click
                  HERE for expanded apologetics on this issue )

"... When the saints go marching in, I want to be in that number..."

Comment

Originally posted by hupo View Post
                    I'm a follower of Yeshua (I don't call myself "Christian" - see my sig for that) for the one reason that I felt for many years like Yaacov wrestling with God.
                    I did everything I could against it but God gave me a "knock-out" with the weapon of Love. That convinced me.
                    I assume you are a Messianic Jew, but I'm not sure why you do not call yourself a Christian. Christos is Greek for mashiyach, in English "Messiah," meaning "anointed one." Christianos is derived from Christos and describes a follower of Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah (the Christ). The author of the first epistle of Peter uses this word to describe a follower of Yeshua when he says: ei de os christianos un aischunestho doxazeto de ton theon en tw onomati touto, "But if as a Christian, let him not be ashamed. But let him glorify God in this name" (1Peter 4:16).

P.S. I read the link in your profile and I am amazed that, though brought up a non-Christian Jew (sorry to use this term), you turned to Yeshua. Glory to God!

Comment

I'm a christian because I want to be saved. And I want to go and be with Jesus Christ forever. He died for my sins. And not just mine but for the sins of the whole world. Jesus Christ is the bravest person to have ever lived. Have you ever heard of the slogan be all that you can be? Well I believe heaven is where that slogan shall come true.

Comment

Originally posted by enarchay View Post
                        I assume you are a Messianic Jew, but I'm not sure why you do not call yourself a Christian. Christos is Greek for mashiyach, in English "Messiah," meaning "anointed one." Christianos is derived from Christos and describes a follower of Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah (the Christ). The author of the first epistle of Peter uses this word to describe a follower of Yeshua when he says: ei de os christianos un aischunestho doxazeto de ton theon en tw onomati touto, "But if as a Christian, let him not be ashamed. But let him glorify God in this name" (1Peter 4:16).

P.S. I read the link in your profile and I am amazed that, though brought up a non-Christian Jew (sorry to use this term), you turned to Yeshua. Glory to God!
                        Shalom enarchay,
                        I don't think I can explain it any more than what I wrote in my signiture file.
                        Logic has nothing to do with it.
                        As for Messianic Jew..... I don't believe in Lables but I guess Messianic Jew would be close

Isa 40:31 But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

No, I am not a "Christian". I am a "Jew". I do however, believe in Yeshua, I believe He is the son of God and that He died to give me life in Him.
                        ( click
                        HERE for expanded apologetics on this issue )

"... When the saints go marching in, I want to be in that number..."

Comment

Originally posted by savedwretch View Post
                          I have been challenged by this verse:
                          "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect"
                          1Peter 3:15
                          I am a Christian because I heard the Gospel, responded to the message via the Holy Spirit's conviction, and accepted the free gift of salvation. I needed forgiveness for my sins and I didn't want to go to hell.

This verse you referenced means something different to me...it says we should be prepared to give an answer...which means we should be equipped to share the Gospel with a lost and dying world. So my question would be....do you know how to present the Gospel in it's clarity, if you were asked how to be saved?

Comment

We are

Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
                            I am a Christian because I heard the Gospel, responded to the message via the Holy Spirit's conviction, and accepted the free gift of salvation. I needed forgiveness for my sins and I didn't want to go to hell.

This verse you referenced means something different to me...it says we should be prepared to give an answer...which means we should be equipped to share the Gospel with a lost and dying world. So my question would be....do you know how to present the Gospel in it's clarity, if you were asked how to be saved?
                            We are the gospels...just live it...There is no greater testimony than living the salvation...
                            sigpicLife! Just Live It!
                            http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

Originally posted by ravi4u2 View Post
                              We are the gospels...just live it...There is no greater testimony than living the salvation...
                              Nope...we are not the Gospels. The Gospel (singular) is defined in scripture as follows:

"Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures." I Corinthians 15:1-4

The Gospel is the DEATH, BURIAL & RESURRECTION of Jesus Christ.

Christians!!! We need to know how to biblically define the Gospel, since it is what saves us!

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile." Romans 1:16

Comment

Working...
                              X