Do you believe that Demons exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe that Demons exist?

Hi, my name is Taryn. I like reading other peoples opions. You can learn alot from them. I believe that demons exist. How strong do you think they are? Just wondering!

Taryn
    Taryn

Taryn

You alway ask the coolest questions

I am in the deliverance ministry and yes you are correct, they do exist, believe me, they are also very busy

Regarding how strong they are, their power is not to be taken lightly, especially for people who do not have authority in Christ.

BUT

If you are a born again christian and you live in the light of His glory, you shouldn't have any worries

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
    Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Luk 10:18-19

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
    Rev 12:11

Tomorrow when I am at my other computer with my bible stuff on, I will post 'n nice revelation of my own the Lord gave me regarding Ephesians 6

God bless
    Phil

Comment

I've seen one and felt the presence of many others ... it is a long and complex and drawn out story that I cannot really get into (out of respect for some of the people involved in the story). But yes, I believe they exist.

Comment

I know they exist; it says so in the bible. And I have seen a few, and felt many, not a good experience I might add.
        Show me a person who's Bible is falling apart and I'll show you someone who's life probably isn't.

Comment

can't say that i do

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloSoldier View Post
            can't say that i do
            Greetings Buffalo Soldier. First off I am a BIG Reggae fan so I dig that avatar! Secondly, I do not feel demonic activity is as common as some. I mean go outside and more gnats will bother you than demons. Having said this I have read some of your posts and you strike me as a thoughtful thinking Christian, the Bible tells us about Fallen Angels/Demons as a Christian who accepts the word on what basis do you reject the reality of the demonic? Grace and Peace.
            Last edited by anglican-cat; Sep 26th 2007, 01:11 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Yeah they exist. And they only have as much power as you give them. So, no worries there because Jesus' name is absolute power, and if you command them to leave you in His name, they really don't have a choice.
              Every blessing you pour out, I turn back to praise,
              When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say-
              Blessed Be The Name!

Comment

Thanks for answering

Phil Fourie thanks. I will try to read what you write on Ephesians 6. Personally that is one of my favorite chapter in the Bible especially Ephesians 6:12.

May god bless you and show you his will.
                Taryn

Comment

Buffelo Solider

Hi, we meet again! Well I must say that I know that demons exist. Please explain what you meant by your message. I don't know if it means you don't believe that they exist or if you had never felt, seen, or sensed a demon?

But if you meant that you don't believe they exist can you please tell me why? I don't want to get in an agruement I just want to know what gave you the idea they don't. P.S. I f you meant that you had never felt, seen, or sensed a demon than please ignore this paragraph.

Just wondering.
                  God bless you and show you his will.

Taryn
                  Taryn

Comment

Jesus Rocks

O, Just one more thing. Demons and Satan and death have no hold one me since I was born again. I am so grateful that Jesus saves.

Always remeber this verse!
                    This is from KJV the only Bible I use. But I think you aready know that if you had read my KJV what do you think about it thread.

1 Corinthians 15:58, O Death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victioy?

Mark 5 is a good place to read about demon possesion.

Taryn
                    Taryn

Comment

I believe unclean spirits exist, but I'm not exactly sure what I believe an unclean spirit is.

Comment

I believe that demons are more powerful and more intelligent than man, although (like anything else) their power is limited by God
                        "Death is not the end of life, but a change in life"

"Innocence is ugly
                        to the one who is guilty"
                        -10 Years

Holbrook Johnson: "Those who reason are lost."
                        GK Chesterton: "Those who do not reason are not worth finding."

Comment

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
                          Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 8:38-39 (KJV)

Just read the KJV

God bless
                          Phil

Comment

Ephesians 6

Taryn

Here we go

These are the seperate units of the armour of God.
                            1. Loins girt about with truth
                            2. Breastplate of righteousness
                            3. Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace
                            4. Shield of faith
                            5. Helmet of salvation
                            6. sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
                            Now, I will try to keep it simple, hope you are able to follow.

You will see that 2 and 5 I sort of seperate from the rest, I will get to them after I explain the other 4.
                            • Truth is the belt that holds the whole armour in place. In the old times they would have referred to it as you're armour belt, so if you do not stand guard with the truth (in other words a false gospel), you're weapons are gonna get lost and won't help you any bit.
                            • The shoes are for you to walk and spread the gospel, this is pretty straight forward, if you are gonna walk to spread the gospel as it is said in Acts 1:8, you are gonne needs some good shoes to protect you're feet, especially if Satan is gonna put some thorns in you're way
                            • The shield of faith to stop the arrows of the enemy. Believe you me, those arrows are gonna come flying, especially if you are on you're way to spread the gospel, and you will need something to stop those arrows. What are those arrows? Things like; is the Bible the Word of God? Does God exist? Is Jesus the only way to the Father? You're first line of defence against these arrows is you're faith in God and the words of Christ.
                            • The sword, that is the Word of God. You can't just pick up a sword and start fighting with it, you need to learn how to hold it, how to slash with it, you need to practice. It is the same with the sword of the Spirit, the word of God. You need to learn the Word of God (the Bible), you need to be able to defend yourself with the Word of God. What dit Jesus use against the temptations of the Satan in the desert? He used the Word. Go read Luke 4
                            With these 4, you can deside if you are gonna use them or not. You can stay away from the truth (also read John 14:6) or embrace it to hold everything togeter, you can put on the shoes and spread the good news, believe like a child and dodge those arrows and very important, a lot of people don't learn to use the Sword, that is also up to you.

But Christ has protected us who has received Him with two of these pieces of armour.
                            • Breastplate of righteousness. Righteousness is not something you can get yourself, it has to be given to you.
                              • But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
                                Matthew 6:33
                              • And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
                                Romans 4:11
                              • Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
                                Psalms 5:8
                              • You see, there is only two places where the enemy can kill you, 1 is in you're hart and "vitals", Chirst has covered this area with the breastplate of His righteousness and the other place you can be killed?
                            • Getting shot through the head And that is why He has covered you with the helmet of salvations. Again, not something you can get by yourself, because salvations comes only through Christ.
                              • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
                                Romans 6:23
                              • For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
                                Romans 3:23
                              • For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
                                Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph 2:8-9
                            Christ has our vital areas covered, He protects the areas that Satan really wants to destroy. Those areas are our hearts and our minds. But we must still try to use the other weapons, cause a shot through the leg isn't gonna kill me, but it shure hurts a lot and if I used the shield correctly, it could have spared me a lot of pain

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
                            Philippians 4:7

I hope this will mean as much to you as it did to me.

God bless
                            Phil

PS! Sorry for the long post
                            Last edited by Phil Fourie; Sep 26th 2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taryn View Post
                              Hi, my name is Taryn. I like reading other peoples opions. You can learn alot from them. I believe that demons exist. How strong do you think they are? Just wondering!
                              Not very strong

Exodus 4:11 Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord?

Deuteronomy 32:17 They sacrificed to demons that were no gods,
                              to gods they had never known,
                              to new gods that had come recently,
                              whom your fathers had never dreaded.

39 “‘See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Job 42:10 And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job, when he had prayed for his friends. And the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. 11 Then came to him all his brothers and sisters and all who had known him before, and ate bread with him in his house. And they showed him sympathy and comforted him for all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him.

Isaiah 45:7 I form light and create darkness,
                              I make well-being and create calamity,
                              I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Comment

Working...
                              X