"Morning Star":Jesus or satan???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Morning Star":Jesus or satan???

Has anybody else noticed the NIV Bible calls Jesus and lucifer "Morning star"? When speaking of lucifer in Isaiah 14:12 the text says,

"How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!"

But in other areas of the NIV Bible Jesus is called the Morning star,

Rev. 22:16:"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you [1] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

I also read that the publisher of the NIV Bible, zondervan, is owned by the same company that publishes the satanic bible. Just wondering if anybody else noticed that?

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! Jesus is the Morning star my friend, not Lucifer.

Do me a favor. Look in your NIV at 2nd Samuel 21:19 and tell me what it says... Look closely...

1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mac View Post
      Has anybody else noticed the NIV Bible calls Jesus and lucifer "Morning star"? When speaking of lucifer in Isaiah 14:12 the text says,

"How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!"

Rev. 22:16:"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you [1] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

I also read that the publisher of the NIV Bible, zondervan, is owned by the same company that publishes the satanic bible. Just wondering if anybody else noticed that?
      The first morning star was a pagan Babylonian god. The second is unrelated and is in reference to Jesus as the Light of God, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Parson View Post
        Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! Jesus is the Morning star my friend, not Lucifer.
        Lucifer is Latin and means "light-bearer" and translates the Hebrew word heylel, with connotations of brightness, meaning "morning star." In the LXX, heosphoros is used, meaning literally "bearer of dawn;" this word was used to refer to the "morning star" also, a personificition of the planet Venus. In contrast, John writes in Revelation the phrase proninus aster, carrying the same literal meaning as heosphoros.

Comment

Enarchay, do me a small favor and hold your posts until Jay Mac posts & I've had a chance to explain. I appreciate it.

Thanks...

1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Comment

Hi Guys

I believe it Satan.

Fun Trvia time.
            The planet Venus is also called the morning star by sciencetists.

This has nothing to do with the Bible. I just thought since were talking about the morning star I would add this little fun fact.
            I definitly believe the Bible is talking about Satan.

TARYN
            Taryn

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mac View Post

In the KJV Bible, the name "Lucifer" is used in Is. 14:12 instead of the NIV Bible's "Morning star."..............
              However, "Lucifer" translates as "morning star" according to Strong's Concordance.

So, Jay Mac, is the KJV Bible a satanic Bible as well? Of course it isn't.
              I find the NIV Bible to be very valuable in my walk with God.

Comment

***OK folks... Just a heads up... Most of the Versions threads we have had on the board have become heated. This one seems peaceful enough but should it become heated, it will shut down. OKEY DOKEY???***

Comment

***OK folks... Just a heads up... Most of the Versions threads we have had on the board have become heated. This one seems peaceful enough but should it become heated, it will shut down. OKEY DOKEY???***
                  I'll be cool Parson.
                  Just my 2-cents worth for now.

Comment

Do me a favor. Look in your NIV at 2nd Samuel 21:19 and tell me what it says... Look closely...

Well?????? What is the difference? I have seen several things that made me a bit nervous when I read it in the NIV, but I don't remember what they were. and I don't know if I saw that one. So tell me please.
                    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

I'm not sure what your point is.

Comment

Is this what you were referring to???

NIV
                        2Sam 21:19
                        19 In another battle with the Philistines at Gob, Elhanan son of Jaare-Oregim [c] the Bethlehemite killed Goliath [d] the Gittite, who had a spear with a shaft like a weaver's rod.

KJV
                        2Sa 21:19And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew [the brother of] Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear [was] like a weaver's beam.
                        Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Saved7 View Post
                          Well?????? What is the difference? I have seen several things that made me a bit nervous when I read it in the NIV, but I don't remember what they were. and I don't know if I saw that one. So tell me please.
                          (NIV) 2nd Samuel 21:19 In another battle with the Philistines at Gob, Elhanan son of Jaare-Oregim the Bethlehemite killed Goliath the Gittite, who had a spear with a shaft like a weaver's rod.

Now, who killed Goliath??? I thought David did.

2nd Samuel 21:19 And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam.

It was Elhanan who killed the BROTHER of Goliath. I squirm in my seat every time I see that. That is the texural differences in the Received Text and the Westcott and Hort texts that made up the NIV...

Comment

Originally posted by Saved7 View Post
                            Is this what you were referring to???

NIV
                            2Sam 21:19
                            19 In another battle with the Philistines at Gob, Elhanan son of Jaare-Oregim [c] the Bethlehemite killed Goliath [d] the Gittite, who had a spear with a shaft like a weaver's rod.

KJV
                            2Sa 21:19And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew [the brother of] Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear [was] like a weaver's beam.
                            The NIV appears to have translated it right. "The brother of" is not in the MT of the Hebrew.

Rotherham renders it: "And there was yet again a battle in Gob with the Philistines,—when Elhanan son of Jaare-oregim of Bethlehem, smote Goliath the Gittite, the shaft of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam" (2Sa 21:19).

In the LXX, it reads: "Kai [And] egeneto [there was] eti [still] polemos [war] meta [with] ton [the] allophulon [Philistines] en [in] Nob [Nob]. Kai [And] epataxen [struck] Ellanan [Elhanan] uios [son] Iape [of Jaareoregim] ho [the] Bethleemites [Beth-lehemite] ton Goliath [Goliath] ton [the] Gethaion [Gittite], kai [and] to [the] xulon [wood] tou doratos autou [of his spear] en [was] os [as] antion [the beam of a loom] uphainonton [of one weaving]" (Based on The Apostolic Bible Polyglot).

Clarke comments:
                            Elhanan the son of Jaare-oregim - slew - Goliath the Gittite - Here is a most manifest corruption of the text, or gross mistake of the transcriber; David, not Elhanan, slew Goliath. In 1Ch_20:5, the parallel place, it stands thus: “Elhanan, the son of Jair, slew Lahmi, the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear-staff was like a weaver’s beam.” This is plain; and our translators have borrowed some words from Chronicles to make both texts agree. The corruption may be easily accounted for by considering that ארגים oregim, which signifies weavers, has slipped out of one line into the other; and that בית הלחמי beith hallachmi, the Beth-lehemite, is corrupted from את לחמי eth Lachmi; then the reading will be the same as in Chronicles. Dr. Kennicott has made this appear very plain in his First Dissertation on the Hebrew Text, p. 78, etc.
                            Barnes comments:
                            The Hebrew text is manifestly very corrupt. First, for “Jaare-oregim,” 1Ch_20:5 gives us the reading Jair. “Oregim” has evidently got in by a transcriber’s error from the line below, where “oregim” is the Hebrew for “weavers.” Again, the word the “Bethlehemite” is very doubtful. It is supported by 2Sa_23:24, but it is not found in the far purer text of 1Ch_20:5, but instead of it we find the name of the Philistine slain by Elhanan, “Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite.” It is probable, therefore, that either the words “the Bethlehemite,” are a corruption of “Lahmi,” or that the recurrence of “Lahmi,” and the termination of “Beth-lehemite” has confused the transcriber, and led to the omission of one of the words in each text.
                            So, the KJV adds English words to harmonize the texts, and the NIV translates true to 2Sa 21:19's Hebrew. Frankly, I think it would be best to translate it literally like the NIV, and add a footnote explaining the discrepancy.

Comment

Greetings Parson,

Interesting. When reading the NIV do we find truth in 2nd Sam 21:19 or 1Chron 20:5? For me personally it is just one more reason to reject the NIV as a reliable translation. Thanks for pointing this out.

Many Blessings,
                              RW

Comment

Working...
                              X