Are those in Hell serving God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are those in Hell serving God?

I already have an opinion on this. I just want to take the temperature, of peoples opinions on this board about the question.

BTW; Your are welcome to post long posts for other readers, but I personally will ignore anything longer than a couple of short paragraphs on this one.

Originally posted by Serve-N-Protect View Post
    I already have an opinion on this. I just want to take the temperature, of peoples opinions on this board about the question.

BTW; Your are welcome to post long posts for other readers, but I personally will ignore anything longer than a couple of short paragraphs on this one.
    No.

They are weeping over the ramifications of their sin. They are cursing God. They are continuing to heap up wrath upon themselves by their continued sins (which is why God can justly and fairly punish people for eternity) -- yes, I believe people continue to sin in hell.

Hell is not the place for servants of Christ. It is a place for the glory of God's justice to be displayed.

I've attached a few links (if it works) that explain this quite clearly.

What the Bible Says About Hell, Part 1 Listen...

What the Bible Says About Hell, Part 2 Listen...

Common Objections to the Doctrine of Hell Listen...

What Will Hell Be Like? Listen...

How should Heaven and Hell change my life? Listen...

Be blessed
    Last edited by humbled; Sep 28th 2007, 04:15 PM. Reason: Added sermon links
    If we doubt or do not believe that God is gracious to us and is pleased with us, or if we presumptuously expect to please Him only through and after our works, then it is all pure deception, outwardly honoring God, but inwardly setting up self as a false [savior].... (Part X. XI) Excerpts from Martin Luther, Treatise Concerning Good Works (1520).

Comment

So is it fair to say that they Serve as examples of Gods eternal justice?

Comment

lol .. I guess.

But it is definitely a passive service on the parts of those in hell.
        If we doubt or do not believe that God is gracious to us and is pleased with us, or if we presumptuously expect to please Him only through and after our works, then it is all pure deception, outwardly honoring God, but inwardly setting up self as a false [savior].... (Part X. XI) Excerpts from Martin Luther, Treatise Concerning Good Works (1520).

Comment

Originally posted by humbled View Post
          lol .. I guess.

But it is definitely a passive service on the parts of those in hell.
          Their perspective is not what is important to me. Passive or not, do they serve God?

I know you already answered to a degree, and I'm not trying to come off as pressing you... but for a while now I have known that I have a different perspective as to how things are. I guess I'm seeking either validation on that perspective, a way to change that perspective, or a way to teach it be it godly.

This is why I ask.

Anymore input would be appreciated.
          Last edited by Serve-N-Protect; Sep 28th 2007, 04:34 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I wouldn't take it that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
              I wouldn't take it that far.
              Why? -------------------

Comment

Their perspective is not what is important to me. Passive or not, do they serve God?

I know you already answered to a degree, and I'm not trying to come off as pressing you... but for a while now I have known that I have a different perspective as to how things are. I guess I'm seeking either validation on that perspective, a way to change that perspective, or a way to teach it be it godly.

This is why I ask.

Anymore input would be appreciated.
                I lean towards double predesination.

Does that help?

Blessings

Comment

I lean towards double predesination.

Does that help?

Blessings
                  First I'm hearing this... What is double predestination?

Comment

Why? -------------------
                    Because of the use of the word. They may 'serve' as an example, but it's not the same as a person consciously serving someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
                      Because of the use of the word. They may 'serve' as an example, but it's not the same as a person consciously serving someone.
                      I think they are conscience of it, but they are forced servants, for eternity, as there is no way out of that servitude that they hate so much and always hated. That is why it is hell.

I was quoted as saying once;

"Some people, when they find out what eternity in heaven is really going to be like, it will actually be hell for them."

What do you think of this?

Comment

Didn't God send them to hell because they specifically didn't want to serve God and be a part of His Kingdom? He let them choose. It's my guess that they're not, but, only God knows for sure

Comment

First I'm hearing this... What is double predestination?
                          http://www.the-highway.com/DoublePre...on_Sproul.html

It is, in my view, the logical conclusion of election.

Scripture teaches that some are chosen for salvation. Some people soften the result to say that others are overlooked or passed by, and left to die in their sins, which is single predestination.

I do not think God is so passive in His decrees. It stands to reason, in my mind, that if God sovereignly elects some and, even if He is merely "passing over" others and allowing them to perish due to the hardness of their hearts, then he is NOT doing "all He can" to save them as He did with the chief of sinners (Paul the Apostle). So it is not inability on God's part to save. And all people are unwilling at one point in their lives before God MAKES them willing ... so that no one may boast.

Therefore, if someone is forever unwilling, then it is because God sovereignly chose NOT to act. He didn't decide this after some event (such as their refusal to choose of Him). It was determined before the foundation of the world, if you believe God is entirely omniscient and does not learn about or adapt to His creation.

The article makes it clearer (tho it is long, and I know you don't like the long posts ... sorry)

Comment

I think they are conscience of it, but they are forced servants, for eternity, as there is no way out of that servitude that they hate so much and always hated. That is why it is hell.

I was quoted as saying once;

"Some people, when they find out what eternity in heaven is really going to be like, it will actually be hell for them."

What do you think of this?
                            I think you should listen to those messages I provided. You seem to have a different view of what hell is than is orthodox. Hell is not people being forced to serve God against their will. It is where God pours out His wrath on the impenitent sinners who break His moral laws.

Comment

(tho it is long, and I know you don't like the long posts ... sorry)
                              That was just right in length. And thank you for taking the time to explain. I still am a little confused about it, but definitely have a better understanding.

To other readers:

I'm begging you not to turn this into a predestination vs. free will arguement. I will go to the mods if you do.

The purpose of this thread is to get some more perspective on issues such as servitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X