anthroposophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anthroposophy

what is the general consensus on here about this form on christianity?
    love all the people

I've never heard of it!!

Comment

It isn't a form of Christianity.
      Love In Christ,
      Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by benedict View Post
        what is the general consensus on here about this form on christianity?
        The term anthroposophy was first made popular by Rudolf Steiner. Steiner believed in reincarnation of the spirit, thinking that the human being passes between stages of existence, incarnating into an earthly body, living a life, leaving the body behind and entering into the spiritual worlds before returning to be born again into a new life on earth. Steiner called the dependence between different lives karma.

Basically anthroposophy is a "New Age" religion which contradicts the Bible.

The term "anthroposophy" is a construction from the Greek roots anthropo meaning human, and sophia meaning wisdom.

Concerning human wisdom as being a path to God, Scripture says;

1 Cor 1:20 hath not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
        1 Cor 1:21 For seeing that in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom knew not God, it was God's good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save them that believe.
        1 Cor 2:13 we speak, not in words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Spirit teacheth;
        1 Cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.
        If you believe what you like in the gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself. - Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by DSK View Post
          The term "anthroposophy" is a construction from the Greek roots anthropo meaning human, and sophia meaning wisdom.
          i work in a stiener organisation (although i have no more than a passing interest in his work and spiritual opinions).

anyway, you're wrong, it's "anthro" meaning human and "posophy" meaning "study - of".

it's a study of humanity and has nowt to do with "wisdom".
          love all the people

Comment

i work in a stiener organisation (although i have no more than a passing interest in his work and spiritual opinions).

anyway, you're wrong, it's "anthro" meaning human and "posophy" meaning "study - of".

it's a study of humanity and has nowt to do with "wisdom".
            You can argue with the dictionaries from which I obtained the definitions. I provided the dictionary links for you to look up the real definition

ánthrōpos human being, man] - http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=anthropo-

-sophy
            suffix meaning "knowledge," from O.Fr. -sophie, from L. -sophia, from Gk. -sophia, from sophia "skill, wisdom, knowledge - http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=-sophy
            If you believe what you like in the gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself. - Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by DSK View Post
              You can argue with the dictionaries from which I obtained the definitions. I provided the dictionary links for you to look up the real definition

ánthrōpos human being, man] - http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=anthropo-

-sophy
              suffix meaning "knowledge," from O.Fr. -sophie, from L. -sophia, from Gk. -sophia, from sophia "skill, wisdom, knowledge - http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=-sophy
              whatever.

the point is it's not a religion aobut how clever us humans are, it's a religion that studies human nature because we don't know everything.
              love all the people

Comment

whatever.

the point is it's not a religion aobut how clever us humans are, it's a religion that studies human nature because we don't know everything.
                Sounds more like the science of anthropology.

Christian sciences include anthropology. They are expressed more in apologetics theolgocially. Humanity is seen as spiritual being of God and thus understood in relation to the cosmos which express eternity, in a sense. (short way of putting it )

Comment

Working...
                X