This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 egual prophecy fulfilled?

I have heard from many post-tribbers and pre-tribbers alike that when Israel became a state in 1948, it was prophecy fulfilled. I personally have not seen any such prophecy in the scriptures. I was wondering if those who believe that what happened in 1948 was prophecy fulfilled could post which specific prophecy in scripture was fulfilled in 1948. I might change my view on this particular issue if I can see the exact prophecy that was fulfilled in 1948. I have just one request though. That is that this thread does not turn into another debate on the timing of the rapture. There are always plenty of other threads for that.

Daniel 11:14 shows that Israel had to be a people again.
    http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

Rev. 7 shows that Israel will again be scattered.

Comment

Genesis 49 seems to step through the stages of the Israeli people.

Comment

Originally posted by cwb View Post
          I have heard from many post-tribbers and pre-tribbers alike that when Israel became a state in 1948, it was prophecy fulfilled. I personally have not seen any such prophecy in the scriptures. I was wondering if those who believe that what happened in 1948 was prophecy fulfilled could post which specific prophecy in scripture was fulfilled in 1948. I might change my view on this particular issue if I can see the exact prophecy that was fulfilled in 1948. I have just one request though. That is that this thread does not turn into another debate on the timing of the rapture. There are always plenty of other threads for that.
          This is a great question! And I'm not going to try to answer it!

A friend of mine, and I, were discussing/debating this some time ago. She is "pretty much every Hal Lindsay & Chuck Missler say" in her end-times view. Needless to say, she's all over this 1948 date.

But my question is this: Is the beginning of the current nation of Israel, in 1948, a God-move, or simply something that was forced by international politics? And I ask this because the physical nation of Israel continues to reject Jesus as Messiah.

I guess time will tell, but I have honest and serious doubts as to whether the current nation of Israel has anything whatever to do with end-times prophecy.

Just a thought...

Comment

Isaiah 66:7-8-9 Before she was in labor, she gave birth Before her pain came, She delivered a male child. Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall the earth be made to give birth in one day?
            Or shall a nation be born at once? For as soon as Zion was in labor,
            She have birth to her children.
            Shall I bring to the time of birth and not cause delivery? says the Lord.
            Shall I who cause delivery shut up the womb? says your God.

Israel in fact was born in one day during May 14, 1948.

Isaiah 49:14-18 But Zion said, The Lord has forsaken me, and my Lord has forgotten me.

Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
            Surely they may forget Yet I will not forget you.

See I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
            Your walls are continually before Me.
            Your sons shall make haste;
            Your destroyers and those who laid you waste Shall go away from you.

Lift up your eyes look around and see All these gather together and come to you.

As I live, says the Lord You shall surely clother yourselves with them all as an ornament and bind them on you as a bride does.

Isaiah 61:4 and many other references talk about rebuilding the ruins of Israel and etc..

Hope this helps you out alittle.

Comment

Deuteronomy 32 - the song of Moses

Deuteronomy 32:20-21
              "And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end {shall be}...I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation."

verse 26
              "I said, I would scatter them into corners..."
              Rev. 7
              four corners

verse 28
              "For they are a nation..."

Comment

Jeremiah chapter 30

Comment

Micah chapter 5

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreys View Post
                    This is a great question! And I'm not going to try to answer it!

A friend of mine, and I, were discussing/debating this some time ago. She is "pretty much every Hal Lindsay & Chuck Missler say" in her end-times view. Needless to say, she's all over this 1948 date.

But my question is this: Is the beginning of the current nation of Israel, in 1948, a God-move, or simply something that was forced by international politics? And I ask this because the physical nation of Israel continues to reject Jesus as Messiah.

I guess time will tell, but I have honest and serious doubts as to whether the current nation of Israel has anything whatever to do with end-times prophecy.

Just a thought...

What if we look at Daniel 11 this way?

Daniel 11:13
                    after certain years

king of the north
                    with a great army and much riches

=Saddam Hussein

At the same time was to be happening...

verse 14
                    many stand up against the king of the south
                    =Anwar Sadat was assassinated

the robbers of Israel were to exalt themselves

=the Palestinians declared indpendence
                    November 15. 1988

but they shall fall

Daniel's vision of three full weeks of sorrow - Daniel 10:1-2

Comment

Israel is to be in blindness till the last Gentile is saved.

Comment

The problem with most/all of these references are numerous

1) Many of these references are prophecies given BEFORE the original return from exile and were, at least primarily, in regards to THAT re-gathering, not a subsequent re-gathering.

2) When the NT writers QUOTE some of the passages that speak of a re-gathering of Israel, they quote it as something fulfilled in the 1st century church.

3) The OT prophecies that speak of this re-gathering envision it as being accompanied by spiritual renewal, but 1948 was accompanied by no such thing.
                        The Matthew Never Knew
                        The Knew Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by cwb View Post
                          Here is the prophecy thqat was fulfilled.

Ezekiel 37

This chapter is divided into two parts.

1, The valley of dry bones
                          2. the two sticks.

God shows Ezekiel a valley full of dead men's bones. God told him to proclaim to the bones to come back to life, and upon Ezekiel's proclamation, the bones came back to life, as God transformed them from a valley of bones into a valley of men. Now look at verses 11-12.

Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

Now, this is the proclamation from God that Israel will be brought back from the dead, and the people will be brought back to their own country. Some would love to say that this happened when Cyrus gave them the decree to go back to Israel and rebuild, but that was already prophecied before by Jeremiah and Daniel. So, that's simply not the case. There is more to this story, and it wil clear everything up.

Now after the proclamation of ISrael being brought back to her land, God tells Ezekiel to hold out two sticks. He tells him to write on the one stick, Israel, and the other stick, Judah. Then, as he held out the two sticks, they became one. Here's what God had to say to Ezekiel about that.

And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: -verses 21-22.

Now, here's the rest of the story. The prophecy of the valley of dry bones, and the prophecy of the two sticks are one in the same. For they both state that God is going to bring Israel back to her own land, and that there will no longer be any distinction between Judah and Israel.

This did not happen after the 70 years of desolation under Nebachadnezzar was completed. For when Israel went back to her own land, it was divided once more, with Samaria (israel) in the north, and Judah to the south. After the Roman Diaspora, the nation of Israel ceased to exist. For all tense and purposes, Israel was no more. Since 70AD until 1948, the Gentiles ruled over the lands of Israel and Judah, with wars resulting in the shifting of control over Jerusalem in many instances throughout history. The Jews had no rights to their own land, and few, if any, chose to continue to live there. Even by today's language, the tribes of Israel were considered lost, aka dead.

However, the "lost" tribes of Israel have been "revived", and they are living in their own land, the land of Israel. There is no distinction between Israel and Judah today, for it is truly, one stick. It is Israel. The two sticks have indeed merged, and it will never be split up again, as this prophecy proclaims it.

Now, the prophecy is a two-parter, for it mentions one king over them, and then goes on to say that "David, my servant" will rule them forever. We, premils, knows that thyis is the prophecy concerning the Lord ruling the world from Jerusalem, as Zechariah 14 also proclaims, but that is a little off subject.

But if anyone wants to know what prophecy was fulfilled in 1948, then look no further, because this is it.

Comment

Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
                            What if we look at Daniel 11 this way?

Daniel 11:13
                            after certain years

king of the north
                            with a great army and much riches

=Saddam Hussein

At the same time was to be happening...

verse 14
                            many stand up against the king of the south
                            =Anwar Sadat was assassinated

the robbers of Israel were to exalt themselves

=the Palestinians declared indpendence
                            November 15. 1988

but they shall fall

Daniel's vision of three full weeks of sorrow - Daniel 10:1-2
                            It's very interesting, though, that Hal Lindsay et al, were absolutely sure that the "king of the north" was the USSR.

I am the first to admit, and say, that Old Testament prophecies are not only confusing, but have fulfillment on several levels. In light of that, I think we all MUST look to see what fulfillments of any & all OT Prophecies could have taken place BEFORE Jesus was even born.

For instance, the Valley of Bones - mentioned in Ezekiel - certainly found its fulfillment when the Jews returned after their captivity in Babylon. I'm not thinking that that was/is the ONLY fulfillment of that prophecy, but it certainly was one.

I wonder how many of the prophecies of Daniel could fall into that same category.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew94 View Post
                              The problem with most/all of these references are numerous

1) Many of these references are prophecies given BEFORE the original return from exile and were, at least primarily, in regards to THAT re-gathering, not a subsequent re-gathering.

2) When the NT writers QUOTE some of the passages that speak of a re-gathering of Israel, they quote it as something fulfilled in the 1st century church.

3) The OT prophecies that speak of this re-gathering envision it as being accompanied by spiritual renewal, but 1948 was accompanied by no such thing.
                              These are very good points. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X