OK, I'm here

What do you want to know?

Originally posted by Samantha View Post
    OK, I'm here

What happened?

Comment

The first thing:

My father committed suicide. I was told that I could have the same demons as he had and they subsequently tried to free me from these demons..... and this is where it all started

Comment

The first thing:

My father committed suicide. I was told that I could have the same demons as he had and they subsequently tried to free me from these demons..... and this is where it all started

Do you know why he did it? (his reasoning) How old were you when it happened?

Many times mental illness is mistaken for demon possession/opression, there was just a thread about that floating around.

I'm simply saying that a lot of suicides are related to deep depression or bipolar or the like....

Comment

7 months

don't know

Comment

How old are you Sam? And do you live with your mother and siblings?

Comment

OK, I'm here

Ok dear, I understand losing trust in the church, but not every church is the same. It sounds to me like this particular church is "over the top" on the demon thing. Many people get that way, unfortunately. Just don't let that make you lose faith in Jesus, He has the answer and the power that you need. And remember the church is filled with nothing more than human beings who are a part of the new creation...we don't know everything like some would have you to believe. We are not God, we are only to "represent" God, but we don't do a very good job of it I'm ashamed to say.
              HOwever, like rchivers said, sometimes it is nothing more than a mental illness, of which we can be freed from, through prayer and even fasting. But in the meantime, if meds are needed to get a person through until the healing comes, then a person should take meds.
              I've seen people with depression and bipolar, and these things are rough to deal with. I myself have been a victim of depression and even anxiety. But the Lord healed me.
              Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

The first thing:

Wow, Samantha. First let me say that you were never supposed to put your trust in people. God can be trusted. I've found out that men, including myself, will sometimes lie to make God look good. But they will always lie to make themselves look right. Not on purpose. Its OK not to trust people who have wronged you. Love 'em though. For the most part they (we) don't know what we are doing. I'm sorry for you loss and for your bad experience. I think you have come to the right place. This board is full of Grace-filled lovers of Jesus who will help you heal by pointing you to Him.

Sometimes Shattered but Still in One Peace

Mike

Comment

7 months

don't know
                  And how old were you when they tried to cleanse you of these "demons"?

Comment

Originally posted by Serve-N-Protect View Post
                    How old are you Sam? And do you live with your mother and siblings?

27, nope, I live by myself

Comment

Originally posted by mikebr View Post
                      Wow, Samantha. First let me say that you were never supposed to put your trust in people. God can be trusted. I've found out that men, including myself, will sometimes lie to make God look good. But they will always lie to make themselves look right. Not on purpose. Its OK not to trust people who have wronged you. Love 'em though. For the most part they (we) don't know what we are doing. I'm sorry for you loss and for your bad experience. I think you have come to the right place. This board is full of Grace-filled lovers of Jesus who will help you heal by pointing you to Him.

Sometimes Shattered but Still in One Peace

Mike
                      Mike has made a very good point, you don't need to trust people in the "church" and in most cases it would be foolish to do so. But you do need to forgive them. I know many take offense if you don't trust them right away again but these are generally the ones who are not trust-worthy to start with. Just forgive them and move on.

Comment

If it was so easy to just forgive and forget, the world wouldn't have been in the state it's in.
                        Yes, I put my trust in people "God's people"
                        People who convinced me that they were sent by God

People that gave me messages, "directly from God"

I want out, really I have so many questions, and no answers

Comment

Okay.... so take a deep breath, and ask one... that's O-N-E question....

Let's see if "God's people" here can't give you some answers. We are sent by God, because we are His ambassadors, but any ambassador that uses his own words rather than those of the One who sent him isn't worth his salt.

That means, let's keep it biblically based, brothers and sisters....
                          Disconnection is not an option!

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. ~ John 15:5-8

Comment

Originally posted by judi<>>< View Post
                            Okay.... so take a deep breath, and ask one... that's O-N-E question....

Let's see if "God's people" here can't give you some answers. We are sent by God, because we are His ambassadors, but any ambassador that uses his own words rather than those of the One who sent him isn't worth his salt.

That means, let's keep it biblically based, brothers and sisters....
                            LOL,...what?
                            Have you read the initial post?
                            How does one keep it Biblical!!!
                            Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Samantha

Dear Samantha,

I know what you're going through and what you've been through with people in the church. First let me say that many people, although far from being most, in some of the pentecostal and charismatic churches, especially the "old line" churches, seem to "see demons" "behind every bush" and blame everything on demons. Jesus did not do that. He was well aware that human nature gives us more problems than demons do. He dealt with demons when the matter came up, but in the New Testament, there are relatively few times in the account of Jesus's dealings with people that He had to take authority over demons in anyone.

Secondly, let me say that the others who have told you that you shouldn't put your trust in people or churches are "right on". It's easier to take our problems to people and hear their answers than it is to take our problems to Jesus and hear HIS answers, because that (hearing Jesus's answers) requires that we spend quality time with Him so that we can get to know and recognize His voice when we hear it, and the "old nature" remaining in us resists that. And too, we usually can get an answer from a person immediately and sometimes we have to WAIT for our answers from God. We don't like to wait.

In many of the old-line "full gospel" churches today (still, I'm not saying "most"), there is such an emphasis put on the gifts of the Spirit (tongues, word of knowledge, prophecy, discernment, etc) that the gifts have become almost the entire FOCUS, and carnal Christians who "pride themselves" on having the gifts in operation (whether the gifts actually ARE in operation or not) will OFTEN tell a younger Christian "Thus saith the Lord....." and proceed to tell the younger Christian what it is that THEY think the young Christian should do, and saying "thus saith the Lord" is but an attempt to manipulate the young Christian into doing whatever it is that the carnal Christian thinks they should be doing.

There is a MAJOR problem with that. I experienced this myself, and it was a significant factor in why I ran away from God and the church and turned my intense, deep hatred toward everything having to do with God or the church or Christianity in general. Here's what happens:

You go to person "A" with a problem or with questions. Person "A" thinks he knows what you should do, and because he thinks it's really important, he may go off into some "prophetic tirade" designed to tell you what he thinks you should do, and he adds "thus saith the Lord" to give it an air of authority it wouldn't otherwise have....so he tells you what you should do.

So then you go to person "B" for another opinion or for answers or help, and person "B" does the same thing, only he tells you something entirely different, but adds "thus saith the Lord" to give it an air of authority because he really thinks you should do what it is HE is telling you.

The problem is, that if you DO what person "A" has said you should do, then person "B" says you're being rebellious and disobedient because you didn't do what "GOD" said you should do. And if you do what person "B" says you should do, then person "A" says you're being rebellious and disobedient because you didn't do what they told you "GOD" said you should do. So it's a LOSE/LOSE situation. No matter WHAT you do, you're being rebellious and disobedient and can't seem to do anything right. This results in frustration and confusion and despair, and will eventually cause you to turn away from God, unless you stop listening to people and begin to listen to God.

There are some very mature and wise Christians here on this forum, and many will give you very sound, very scriptural advice. But even though that is true, you STILL must take whatever they tell you and hold it up to the Word of God for confirmation. I've found people here to be very gentle and caring and very desirous of LEADING people to find their answers from the Holy Spirit, which is the only place you can expect to find the RIGHT answers for your life and your situation.

If you are in a church where people are attempting to manipulate you in this way, I would HIGHLY recommend finding another church where they don't do that. There are many good churches out there. Ask the Lord to lead you to where HE wants you to go.

I hope this has helped some.

Love in Christ,
                              Hoot (Jan)
                              Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words. St. Francis of Assisi
                              No reserve (from God, no holding back)
                              No retreat (from God, no turning back)
                              No regrets (from God, no looking back)

Comment

Working...
                              X