Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will wives still be under the authority of their husbands in heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will wives still be under the authority of their husbands in heaven?

Love,
    Madeline
    "Me and God, we'd be mates"

Originally posted by *Madeline* View Post

Love,
    Madeline
    Hi Madeline
    Why would they or their husbands be "in" heaven? See John 3:13. In the Bible the kingdom is always "of Heaven" or "from Heaven" but never "in heaven"

But no they won't be -

Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Mark 12:25 For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Men won't do the dishes any more either
    God bless
    Steven

Comment

Originally posted by Steven3 View Post
      lol

thanks!
      "Me and God, we'd be mates"

Comment

Here's more scripture for you to consider, *Madeline*...

Rom 7:2 For the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law concerning the husband.
        Rom 7:3 So then, if while her husband is living she is joined to another man, she shall be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from the law, so that she is not an adulteress though she is joined to another man.

*If we weren't released from our husbands when they die, and if we'd had a few husbands while we lived, can you just imagine what it would be like when we go to be with the Lord? Under which husband's authority would we belong? The mind boggles..
        "If you have a sick or lonely person at home, be there. Maybe just to hold a hand, maybe just to give a smile, that is the greatest, the most beautiful work." ..Mother Teresa

Comment

Never

Originally posted by *Madeline* View Post

Love,
          Madeline
          But wives were never commanded to be under the authority of their husbands here.
          sigpicLife! Just Live It!
          http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

Originally posted by ravi4u2 View Post
            But wives were never commanded to be under the authority of their husbands here.
            I'll bite... you come to that conclusion how?

Visit our new website
            ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
            "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Actually, Madeline,
              Jesus confronted this whole idea of the wives and husbands in heaven in Matthew 22. Let's take a look.

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. -Matthew 22:30

As you can see, the marital bounds on this earth will not carry over to heaven, for the women will be as the angels of Heaven. I do have a question though. Why are you asking this question? Is there something wrong right now in your relationship that would cause you to wonder about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Steven3 View Post
                When did men ever do the dishes?
                We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. 1 Corinthians 4:10

Comment

Originally posted by GodsOwnFool View Post
                  When did men ever do the dishes?
                  I wash dishes more often than my wife...but she cooks more often than I do. It's all part of the distribution of effort, so we can both sit down at some point in the evening.
                  θεοφιλε

Comment

Submit

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                    There were 3 curses that came upon women as a result of Eve's disobedience:

1. The sorrow and pain of childbirth is increased.
                    2. The man becomes the desire of her heart; (and more importantly)
                    3. THE MAN WILL NOW (BECAUSE OF EVE'S DISOBEDIENCE) RULE OVER HER.

None of these were intended before the fall.

Of course the famously quoted passage to claim that 'wives are commanded to be under the authority of the husbands' is Ephesians 5:22, "Wives submit to your own husbands, as unto the Lord". But in the new, this is only a pattern. More than a commandment, it is a choice. The wife chooses to submit to the husband. So that the family can be a witness. If we read the whole of Ephesians 5, without dissecting it verse by verse, we will see that both the husband and wife are encouraged to submit to one another.

Another passage is Colossians 2:18, "Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord." But if we continue reading after that verse, it speaks about a pattern of the home being a witness. And if we read what comes before that verse, it speaks about, "bearing one another, forgiving one another, putting on love, admonishing one another", etc.

If the husband is the head and the wife is the body, which one is more important? Can the body survive without the head? Can the head survive without the body? The picture that come to mind is though being equal to God the Father, Christ chooses to submit to Him. The wife though being equal with the husband, chooses to submit to him. And in so doing, the whole family becomes a witness of the Lord to the world. Not in the speaking,but in the 'being'.
                    sigpicLife! Just Live It!
                    http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

Originally posted by Project Peter

Gen 1:27So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

She may be trying to point out that initially it was not purposed that woman (the life giving Adam) be under man's authority, but his equal. Sin is what brought about woman being put under the authority or the care of man.

Woman was put in submission to man, because God knew the power of persuasion that she possessed and knew that it should be bridled for a time.

God distinctly told man not to partake of the fruit of that tree and woman was able to persuade him to.
                      It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

If the husband is the head and the wife is the body, which one is more important? Can the body survive without the head? Can the head survive without the body? The picture that come to mind is though being equal to God the Father, Christ chooses to submit to Him. The wife though being equal with the husband, chooses to submit to him. And in so doing, the whole family becomes a witness of the Lord to the world. Not in the speaking,but in the 'being'.

1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

772 asthenes {as-then-ace'}
                        from 1 (as a negative particle) and the base of 4599;
                        TDNT - 1:490,83; adj
                        AV - weak 12, sick 6, weakness 2, weaker 1, weak things 1,
                        impotent 1, more feeble 1, without strength 1; 25

1) weak, infirm, feeble
                        1Peter 3:15
                        (BBE) But give honour to Christ in your hearts as your Lord; and be ready at any time when you are questioned about the hope which is in you, to give an answer in the fear of the Lord and without pride;

Comment

Originally posted by always View Post
                          Gen 1:27So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

She may be trying to point out that initially it was not purposed that woman (the life giving Adam) be under man's authority, but his equal. Sin is what brought about woman being put under the authority or the care of man.

Woman was put in submission to man, because God knew the power of persuasion that she possessed and knew that it should be bridled for a time.
                          Woman was created as a "helpmeet" for Adam....a helper, a servant, a lesser. Woman was not created as an equal so her place wasn't completely changed after her sin.
                          1Peter 3:15
                          (BBE) But give honour to Christ in your hearts as your Lord; and be ready at any time when you are questioned about the hope which is in you, to give an answer in the fear of the Lord and without pride;

Comment

Originally posted by Naphal View Post
                            Woman was created as a "helpmeet" for Adam....a helper, a servant, a lesser. Woman was not created as an equal so her place wasn't completely changed after her sin.
                            I disagree respectfully, a "helper" is not necessarily a "lesser" a helpmeet literally means a person to help one meet the needs of a task, in this case the upkeep of the garden.

The male Adam could not do that alone. God said " it is not good that man be alone"

her place was as a creation of God in his image, bone of Adams bone, and flesh of his flesh, how would that of him be less?
                            It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

I don't see it in any of those passages as being an option. But I know folks have worked it out as such over time.

Visit our new website
                              ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                              "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Working...
                              X