Remarriage and Eternal Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spm62 View Post
    Quite the contrary..only a married person can commit adultery..there is no reason to get a divorce if you are not married.
    I know this is a side-issue, but I don't agree completely with this assertion.

Adultery is actually sexual intimacy with anybody who is not your spouse. Therefore, you can commit adultery with a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by hdt View Post
      LOL can I say I'm confused! I think I will!

I'm not sure all people are going to act 'sorry' for a divorce to the world. I mean some people keep certain things to themselves! As far as being pleased with a husband.........aren't you suppose to be?
      I think by sorry- we are speaking of biblical repentance.

Often times people including myself have used my testimony in many ways...including repentance.

After I was saved I did things, that no one every told me I should not be doing. When the Holy Spirit convicted me of each one. I repented and would not do those things again. My mind changed about those activites...a changed mind to me is true repentance. But, I still can not change the fact I committed those sins.

Alaina

Comment

Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
        Oh my soul....

Even if she WAS in an adulterous marriage, and she was a saved lady, she is in heaven. Jesus died for ALL of our sins (past, present, future) and that sin was already paid for if she trusted Christ to save her at some point in her life.
        Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Whispering Grace View Post
          Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
          Is Jesus speaking of the saved or the unsaved. For we are all those things before salvation.

So, if you are saved and then becuase you steal something for some stupid reason- are you damned? What if you lie to someone after you are saved? Are you going to heaven?

Gal.3
          1. [22] But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
          Eph.2
          1. [1] And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Is this not before salvation?
          2. [5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
          1Tim.1
          1. [9] Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
          2. [15] This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
          1John.1
          1. [7] But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
          2. [8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
          3. [9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
          4. [10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
          1John.2
          1. [1] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
          2. [2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
          3. [12] I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
          To me it would sound like we all sin, but we are to repent of our sins and true Christians will have great remorse over thier sins- I guess it comes down to your view of eternal security.
          God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by AlainaJ View Post
            Is Jesus speaking of the saved or the unsaved. For we are all those things before salvation.

So, if you are saved and then becuase you steal something for some stupid reason- are you damned? What if you lie to someone after you are saved? Are you going to heaven?

Gal.3
            1. [22] But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
            Eph.2
            1. [1] And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Is this not before salvation?
            2. [5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
            1Tim.1
            1. [9] Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
            2. [15] This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
            1John.1
            1. [7] But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
            2. [8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
            3. [9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
            4. [10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
            1John.2
            1. [1] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
            2. [2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
            3. [12] I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
            To me it would sound like we all sin, but we are to repent of our sins and true Christians will have great remorse over thier sins- I guess it comes down to your view of eternal security.
            God Bless
            If a person dies in that sin... what are the wages of sin?

Visit our new website
            ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
            "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

So Whispering Grace you don't think she is in Heaven?

Comment

Originally posted by sallyhunter1 View Post
                So don't think she is in Heaven?
                Like has been said sally... none of us can say one way or the other with surety. God is just. That is enough and what we can rest in. Divorce is forgivable. So is adultery.

Visit our new website
                ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt14 View Post
                  [sarcasm]

That's great! I've got some sins I've been thinking about, I reckon I can go out and do them now!

[/sarcasm]

We cannot tell other people whom we do not know whether they will be in heaven or hell. That's not a judgment we can make.
                  Hence the word 'IF'....I didn't say she was or wasn't saved.

Didn't really appreciate the sarcasm, seeing as it's not relevant to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                    Like has been said sally... none of us can say one way or the other with surety. God is just. That is enough and what we can rest in. Divorce is forgivable. So is adultery.
                    I heard that to get forgiveness for remarriage you need to divorce the man you are currently married to. She didn't do that so some people say she is in Hell.

Comment

I heard that to get forgiveness for remarriage you need to divorce the man you are currently married to. She didn't do that so some people say she is in Hell.
                      You have gotten a lot of varied answers here, so I would suggest you do your own independent study of the scriptures on this topic.

Comment

So Whispering Grace you don't think she is in Heaven?
                        As others have said, only God and your aunt know that.
                        My Blog

Comment

There is a precedent in the Bible for separating from marriages God is not pleased with to be obedient to Him.

Now therefore, let us make a covenant with our God to put away all these wives and those who have been born to them, according to the advice of my master and of those who tremble at the commandment of our God; and let it be done according to the law. Ezra 10:3

Now therefore, make confession to the LORD God of your fathers, and do His will; separate yourselves from the peoples of the land, and from the pagan wives.” Ezra 10:11
                          My Blog

Comment

There is a precedent in the Bible for separating from marriages God is not pleased with to be obedient to Him.

Now therefore, let us make a covenant with our God to put away all these wives and those who have been born to them, according to the advice of my master and of those who tremble at the commandment of our God; and let it be done according to the law. Ezra 10:3

Now therefore, make confession to the LORD God of your fathers, and do His will; separate yourselves from the peoples of the land, and from the pagan wives. Ezra 10:11
                            Well, yeah...but I doubt Sally's aunt is a Jewish man in the Old Testament, under direction of a prophet or priest to put away her Gentile husband...so that's probably not a precedent for Sally's aunt, or anyone else we know.

I guess my question, Sally, is why is this an issue for you? Do you feel a need to defend your aunt to others?

Frankly, I wouldn't bother. People who are so harsh as to say she's in hell are certainly no people I'd care to associate with. If they had any compassion at all, and truly believe she's in hell, their hearts should be breaking for a soul lost for eternity...and they should be seeking to comfort you.

It's been stated 3 times now, and I'll state it a 4th...no one knows, and no one on here, without knowing the situation, can even hazard a decent guess. She is where she is, and there's nothing to be gained from stressing over it. Take comfort in the fact that, as has been mentioned, God is a just and loving God, and it's only His criteria that has to be satisfied...not judgmental men and women who can only know their own selves, and not any other.

If she was a believer, she's with Him right now. Dwell on the fruit she showed as a Christian. What do you think? Would you say she evidenced the fruit of the Spirit? Was the joy of the Lord evident in her life? If you can answer yes to these questions, take comfort that she is most likely with God right now. Dwell on the positive...and let what good she did and the joy she brought to you and others be her legacy.
                            θεοφιλε

Comment

Originally posted by Theophilus View Post
                              Well, yeah...but I doubt Sally's aunt is a Jewish man in the Old Testament, under direction of a prophet or priest to put away her Gentile husband...so that's probably not a precedent for Sally's aunt, or anyone else we know.
                              The issue is repentance. The Scripture is clear that the men could not repent of sinful marriages and keep their wives at the same time. I don't know why it would be any different for us.
                              My Blog

Comment

The issue is repentance. The Scripture is clear that the men could not repent of sinful marriages and keep their wives at the same time. I don't know why it would be any different for us.
                                I agree. It's like robbing a bank, repenting, and keeping the money.

[CENTER][SIZE=2]A FEW MINUTES WITH SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU

Comment

Working...
                                X