Remarriage and Eternal Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remarriage and Eternal Security

Hi. I have an aunt who recently died while in her second marriage. She was 38 and remarried after divorce. Some people say to me she was an adulterer and in Hell right now. Are they correct?

Hello Sally!

Why do they say that?

[CENTER][SIZE=2]A FEW MINUTES WITH SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU

Comment

Originally posted by Matt14 View Post
      Hello Sally!

Why do they say that?
      Why do I say what?

Comment

Why do they say she is in hell? Why do they say she was an adulterer?

Comment

Why do they say she is in hell? Why do they say she was an adulterer?
          They say it was because she died while in an adulterous remarriage.

Comment

Originally posted by sallyhunter1 View Post
            Hi. I have an aunt who recently died while in her second marriage. She was 38 and remarried after divorce. Some people say to me she was an adulterer and in Hell right now. Are they correct?
            The question is two-fold, then.

A) was her marriage sinful.

B) could her sin be forgiven her?

I don't know enough of any details to answer A...

About B, I can only say that God can forgive any sin. Whether He will or not is between Him and your Aunt. I can't tell you whether she had sins to repent of or whether she repented of them, I can't tell you what was in her heart, and I can't tell you what, if anything, God wanted from her.

I can only tell you that God is just and loving, and nobody goes to hell who doesn't deserve it.
            One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father over us all.

Comment

Well, Jesus says there is one cause for divorce that God allows:

Mat 19:9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery."

While I do not think we should say things like, "Your aunt is in hell," we can look at scripture and see what He says is sinful.

A divorce that comes about because a husband or wife had sexual relations outside the marriage, is a divorce that God allows.

Comment

They say that because they have a lack of understanding. In the scriptures it teaches

But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to [her] husband: and let not the husband put away [his] wife...

likewise

but God is a God, that will recieve a sinners repentance in all things, those who say that about your aunt do not know her heart, and do not have a heaven or hell to put her in,
                pray for them
                It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

She was divorced for "irreconciable differences".

Comment

No one in here could even hazard a guess.

Visit our new website
                    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

I'll go way out on a limb here and say that sounds unBiblical to me, and that it was probably a sinful divorce situation (even though it's entirely premature and possibly slanderous of me to say so--we'll call it a worst case scenario).

What I said before still stands. A person can repent from sin, and a person can make things right with God. Only two people can answer the question of whether she did or not; your aunt, whereever she may be, and God. And as ProjectPeter says; nobody here can get the answer from them.
                      Last edited by Steve M; Oct 15th 2007, 08:09 PM. Reason: add a word
                      One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father over us all.

Comment

In some states, even if a divorce is due to sexual unfaithfulness, all they can legally put on the divorce certification is "irreconcilable differences."

Comment

It wasn't for unfaithfulness that I do know.

Comment

In some states, even if a divorce is due to sexual unfaithfulness, all they can legally put on the divorce certification is "irreconcilable differences."

well God knows!
                            It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

No one is in hell right now. They haven`t been judged yet. Jesus also said if you`ve even looked at someone with lust in your heart than you have committed adultery. So everyone has probably committed adultery at some point in their lives.

Comment

Working...
                              X