Any artists/photographers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any artists/photographers?

This is a sister thread to the Calling all artists/photographers in the Anything goes forum. You're welcome to post your pics in here if you have any that you've taken.

Here are some aerial views of the area where I live, that I took the other day.

Here's the plane

Now maybe you're wondering why I would want to live where I do? Well, you decide if it's worth it?

Hell....the nightmare you can't wake up from.

Sin is like electricity, it takes the path of least resistance. (the shortest path to ground).

Jesus said He is “The Way”, not “A” way. Jesus said He is “the Truth”, not “A” truth. Jesus said He is “The Life”, not “A” life. No man comes to the Father but by Me. Are we serving a man or are we serving God?

Nice! Did you pilot that plane yourself?
    Love In Christ,
    Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaP View Post
      Nice! Did you pilot that plane yourself?
      No, I was the passenger, the pilot is a friend of mine.

Sin is like electricity, it takes the path of least resistance. (the shortest path to ground).

Jesus said He is “The Way”, not “A” way. Jesus said He is “the Truth”, not “A” truth. Jesus said He is “The Life”, not “A” life. No man comes to the Father but by Me. Are we serving a man or are we serving God?

Comment

Here are the two sunset pictures combined to show the full view.

Comment

That's quite a special view. Bet you feel close to God when you see that. I always tingle when I see beautiful scenes like that and wish that when I take photo's that I could really capture it, but somehow I can never really "get it".

I tried when I was in India to capture the Taj Mahal at dawn and took picture after picture to try to capture the feeling of the changing light, but just ended up with loads of photos that looked very nearly the same......

Wildy.

Comment

Hi Wildy,

I do admire the view often, and especially when I see a beautiful sunset. In the evenings sometimes my mini blinds will change color indicating there is a beautiful sunset outside to see. It truly amazes me to see how He will construct any given sunset with the various cloud formations and the colors that are in those clouds. I am in awe of Him when I see these masterpieces.

I wish I could tell you how to capture things on film as you've described. Honestly I don't know how. I have never had a photography class. The only thing I know to tell you is this. Watch the moment and when it speaks to you most, take the shot. That will probably be the picture that speaks the thousand words. If nothing else, to you it will be. Here is why I say that. When I was looking back over the aerial shots I took, I remembered the moment in my mind. I remembered the anticipation, the fear, the excitement whatever it was that accompanied that photograph. That moment in time was captured on film. The photo itself will always have more of a special meaning to the photographer that took it. They were there at that moment in time. The photographers job is to try and capture that moment in such a way, that it will speak to the observer of it, in as much of a similar way as possible. But it will never have the same meaning it has to the photographer.

I'm going to post some more photos I've taken over the years a little later in this thread. I was hoping to give others a chance to post some of their photos before I do. I didn't want it to look like this was my own private collection thread.

Comment

I don't know what the rules are on linking, but I don't really know how to post individual pictures. So, here is a link to my Flickr account where I have some of my pictures.

http://flickr.com/photos/12674242@N06/

Even though my faith isn't strong, going out into nature and seeing the beauty in this world always helps to bring me back, which is why I've taken quite a liking to photography.

Comment

Nice shots dab, beautiful compositions.
                Love In Christ,
                Tanya

Comment

Nice pictures dab!

Comment

I took this photo today while on the way home... took a side road. Glad I had my camera!

Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

That's beautiful. Are you a fan of Ansel Adams, by chance?
                      Love In Christ,
                      Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaP View Post
                        That's beautiful. Are you a fan of Ansel Adams, by chance?
                        Who isn't?
                        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Very nice Slug! (can't rep you because I need to spread some around).

Comment

Nice photo's everyone!
                            I just have to share my daughters work, first because I think she's a fabulous photographer and second because her subjects in these photos are my grandsons and they're SO cute.

All four....

These are the two oldest. They're 14 months apart in age and absolutely best friends. She took this picture as they were hiding from their daddy who was chasing them around the house playing! I love the excitement on their faces that daddy is fixing to 'get them'.

How many kids get to dress up like this to do math? Home schooling is great!
                            I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrus...

All children left unattended will be given an espresso and a free puppy.

Comment

Originally posted by kayte View Post
                              Nice photo's everyone!
                              I just have to share my daughters work, first because I think she's a fabulous photographer and second because her subjects in these photos are my grandsons and they're SO cute.

All four....

These are the two oldest. They're 14 months apart in age and absolutely best friends. She took this picture as they were hiding from their daddy who was chasing them around the house playing! I love the excitement on their faces that daddy is fixing to 'get them'.

How many kids get to dress up like this to do math? Home schooling is great!
                              Kayte are you sure that's not the young James gang? They are cute and Mosey is an excellent photographer.

Comment

Working...
                              X