Questions Questions Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions Questions Questions

I am part of this spiritual leadership class where we have to step out of our comfort zone somewhat (really cool). One of our assignments for this week is we are supposed to gather 20 questions from strangers about something they either don't understand about the church, religion or Christianity. It can be as controversial as you like. Anybody have some questions they want answered? Thanks for your help.

Okay,

1) Are women supposed to preach?
    2) How many heavens are there?
    3) What is a firmament?
    4) Did God actually create in 6 literal days and rested on the 7th day?
    5) Where did the first light in Genesis come from when there was no sun or moon created yet?
    6) Did Adam and Eve sin on the same day they were created?
    7) Why was the choice of knowledge of good and evil given to Adam and Eve?
    8) What are the Sons of God?
    9) Was there a world wide flood?
    10) How many were saved on Noah's Ark?

I actually know the answers to these so if you find one that you cannot answer don't worry. It's not something I really need answered. But I figure to ask these questions because they are very thought provoking and can start many good discussions in the class you are in.
    Note: By request I can only post and see the tech section of this forum. So don't respond to my posts in the other sections because I cannot see them so I cannot respond. You can PM me if you need to.
    My site: http://www.yecheadquarters.org/

Comment

Originally posted by DaneB View Post
      I am part of this spiritual leadership class where we have to step out of our comfort zone somewhat (really cool). One of our assignments for this week is we are supposed to gather 20 questions from strangers about something they either don't understand about the church, religion or Christianity. It can be as controversial as you like. Anybody have some questions they want answered? Thanks for your help.
      Are these "strangers" suppose to be Christians?

Comment

Originally posted by ikester7579 View Post
        Okay,

Of your questions ikester, this is the one I have an issue with as well. Was the tree there specifically for us to enable our free will? We HAD to have some sort of choice that was makeable to exhibit free will? And if that's the case, do we lose our free will when we get to heaven (not that I care that I won't be able to sin, cause every sin I have committed I can look back on almost all of them and see the actual negative affect that resulted). But I still wonder about the dynamic of heaven and the sinless state. I suppose our broken fleshy bodies are the reason we can't envision an existence without sin.

Here's some of my questions for you, Dane.

I am of the camp that if you divorce and remarry, you are committing adultery. (No arguments in this thread to the contrary. This thread is about questions for Dane for his homework.) My question is this (sort of a 2 parter): Is adultery committed as a one time offense at the initial marriage vows/consumation or is it a perpetual, living in sin situation. Things to consider are repentance and what it means to repent. Is repentance the recognition of sin and asking for forgivness, or does it take recognition AND the wishing you hadn't done it. The reason its relevant to my first question is if you are happily in a second marriage, can you really regret the fact that you sinned (adultery), therefore did you really ever repent?

My other question is this: Jesus repeatedly refers to his second coming as soon. Why would he have constantly used the word soon to denote something that has taken (thusfar) 2000 years? Is that not a little misleading to some people? Could that message not have given initial Christians trouble with the gospel message itself? I don't have a problem with it cause its God's will, but I can see it being a question someone might ask. I'm extatic he didn't come back soon cause otherwise I never would have existed.

Comment

Originally posted by ikester7579 View Post
          Okay,

1) Are women supposed to preach?
          2) How many heavens are there?
          3) What is a firmament?
          4) Did God actually create in 6 literal days and rested on the 7th day?
          5) Where did the first light in Genesis come from when there was no sun or moon created yet?
          6) Did Adam and Eve sin on the same day they were created?
          8) What are the Sons of God?
          9) Was there a world wide flood?
          10) How many were saved on Noah's Ark?
          I look forward to how they answer these. Keep us posted!!

Comment

Why dont christians have just one church denomination? Dont we all basically believe in the same thing, to where we dont need a million denominations.

I desire the gifts of God that he promised to his believers. Is there a process that we must go thru before this is possible? (I mean there is no handbook by the apostles that told us how they did it).

What was the true name of Jesus in his native tongue? And how did it finally reach the name we know today-"Jesus."

Why do the church leaders allow so much sinful actions to take place within the church itself? (I dont feel church should be a stumbling block for believers).

Oooo here is one I always wanted to know: Why is worship at church done in a specific order? In all the churches I have gone to it is always singing and then teaching. (I like, but just wondered how that came to be and why).

Spose that is all.

God Bless
            "Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother!"

~Matthew 12:50~

Comment

Did God put the tree of knowledge there?

[quote=Semi-tortured;1414831] Was the tree there specifically for us to enable our free will?

I know that the BIBLE says, the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

So my question is this if we know that the tree of knowledge was not good for food since God told Adam that he would surely die if he ate of it. Did God plant that tree there? Or do we use scripture to interpret scripture and use the parable of the wheat and tares as an example?

Comment

Why does the church teach that Yahushua nailed the Torah/Law to the cross(doing away with it) when He clearly says that not a jot or tittle will pass from the Law till heaven and earth have passed? Heaven and earth have not passed.

Mat 5
                18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
                19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
                Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
                -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

Originally posted by dancedwithdolphin View Post
                  Why dont christians have just one church denomination? Dont we all basically believe in the same thing, to where we dont need a million denominations.

I desire the gifts of God that he promised to his believers. Is there a process that we must go thru before this is possible? (I mean there is no handbook by the apostles that told us how they did it).
                  God Bless
                  In answer to your first question it is because just like the Corinthian Church we are still carnal. 1Cor.1.
                  In answer to the next one, once you become a child of God by accepting Jesus, you automatically step into your heavenly inheritance. Which includes every spiritual blessing( see Ephesians 1) which includes many things, and here is what is gonna probably get me into trouble, you can operate in any spiritual gift that the Holy Spirit needs you to operate in as long as you are allowing Him to operate through you. There isn't any process that any christian has to go through. And that is where we put God in a box and limit ourselves in our Christian walk.

Comment

Originally posted by diffangle View Post
                    Why does the church teach that Yahushua nailed the Torah/Law to the cross(doing away with it) when He clearly says that not a jot or tittle will pass from the Law till heaven and earth have passed? Heaven and earth have not passed.

Mat 5
                    18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
                    19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
                    Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe. But, I believe that the Law is still intact and active in the lives of sinners, for the Bible says that the wrath of God abides on those who do not believe Jesus. Because they are guilty according to the law, and they are not righteous.

Comment

Thanks so much for the good start guys. I'll let you know what we are supposed to do with the questions after our next bible study. He wasn't really clear.

Comment

Can we bless the Lord when we pray?
                        If so, how?

Are all Christians beloved of God, like John was?

When the rapture occurs, and we all get to Heaven, will we be able to spend one-on-one time with the Lord?

Comment

Originally posted by cross crusader View Post
                          Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe. But, I believe that the Law is still intact and active in the lives of sinners, for the Bible says that the wrath of God abides on those who do not believe Jesus. Because they are guilty according to the law, and they are not righteous.
                          Did you read the words of the Messiah that I posted? He said the Law will not pass away until heaven and earth have passed away. Have heaven and earth passed away?
                          Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
                          -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Comment

Did you read the words of the Messiah that I posted? He said the Law will not pass away until heaven and earth have passed away. Have heaven and earth passed away?
                            Let me clarify my answer. The Law is written on our hearts, But as for Christians being righteous, it is no longer through the law. Because I have been made righteous because of Christ. So I am no longer required by Christ to follow the levitical law to be holy. Now do i not believe that a christian cannot follow the law, but it is not required to be holy or make it to heaven. The whole law hangs on 2 commandments, love the Lord your God and love your neighbor. If you do those you end up fulfilling the whole entire law.

But for sinners, i believe that they are being judged by the law daily, and for that reason the wrath of God abides on them daily. Because they do not believe Jesus. John 3:36 That is why they get sick, they die horrific deaths, they have demons, they are subject to enemy on a 24 hour basis.

does that make more sense? in the previous statement i was trying not to say anything that might bring up a huge theological debate about the law. but that is what i believe, based upon my experience and bible study

Comment

Why does the church teach that Yahushua nailed the Torah/Law to the cross(doing away with it)
                              I believe what you are referring to is Colossians 2:14."having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross."
                              But the key to this verse is the following one which clarifies what happened when he did that. some take that first verse out of context.
                              2:15 "Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it."

Jesus by fulfilling the law, took away the only weapon against us that the enemy had. Now he can no longer accuse us according to the standards or requirement of the law. Because there is no longer any requirement but to accept Jesus. So he can no longer justly accuse Christians of anything. I hope i am not steppin on anyones toes here. But the enemy is no longer has any weapons but the lie. That was the only weapon he had in the garden, that is the only weapon he has now. But praise God i got a book full of truth..... i am about to start shouting. Praise God.

Comment

Working...
                              X