Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell

This is the first sermon I have ever heard on Hell. It cut me to the core. Please, I pray you'll watch the whole thing. It will give you a real fear for your friends, family, coworkers...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
    Choose you this day whom ye will serve - Joshua 24:15

Thanks for the link, it was a very powerful message, so much that at one point a woman shouted out and left, making a scene.
    - Matt -
    Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
    of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13

Comment

Originally posted by Soj_NZ View Post
      Thanks for the link, it was a very powerful message, so much that at one point a woman shouted out and left, making a scene.
      Wow was that in the video or were you actually there?

I must admit I wanted to stop watching about 1/3rd of the way through.

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckMedic View Post
        This is the first sermon I have ever heard on Hell. It cut me to the core. Please, I pray you'll watch the whole thing. It will give you a real fear for your friends, family, coworkers...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
        CanuckMedic
        Were you /are you a medic in the Canadian armed forces?
        Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
          CanuckMedic
          Were you /are you a medic in the Canadian armed forces?
          No I'm a paramedic in western Canada.

Comment

That was one of the better messages I have heard on hell. The last 9 minutes when he discusses how hell glorifies God was especially good. I had not thought of it in that way before.
            Robin

Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it. - Blaise Pascal
            And Jesus saith unto him [Thomas], I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
            Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford
            Those who compromise with Christís enemies may be reckoned with them. - C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Can't swallow

He says at one point, "there are many in hell today because good works was not found in them..." This I find had to swallow.
              sigpicLife! Just Live It!
              http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

Originally posted by ravi4u2 View Post
                He says at one point, "there are many in hell today because good works was not found in them..." This I find had to swallow.
                I heard that too, but I think his context was works born of faith which show that faith worthy of repentance - fruit.
                Robin

Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it. - Blaise Pascal
                And Jesus saith unto him [Thomas], I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
                Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford
                Those who compromise with Christís enemies may be reckoned with them. - C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Faith produces good works in us. Good works does not save us but it is a by-product of faith. If all we do is sit on our butts al day and say we have faith, then I agree with that statement in the context that we should be about doing God's work
                  Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

You will always find at least one fault when a man speaks non stop for nearly 1 hour! But seriously, in the context of his preaching I don't think he was teaching works for salvation.
                    - Matt -
                    Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
                    of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckMedic View Post
                      No I'm a paramedic in western Canada.
                      I'm in the lower mainland.
                      Amazzin

Comment

So...

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
                        Faith produces good works in us. Good works does not save us but it is a by-product of faith. If all we do is sit on our butts al day and say we have faith, then I agree with that statement in the context that we should be about doing God's work
                        Do you do good works because 'you have to', 'you want to', it is 'expected of you' or because 'you are forced to'? Can 'good works' in context be done while 'we do sit on our buts all day', or do we have to physically work to do good works?

Comment

Do you do good works because 'you have to', 'you want to', it is 'expected of you' or because 'you are forced to'? Can 'good works' in context be done while 'we do sit on our buts all day', or do we have to physically work to do good works?
                          You want to and you have to because it is expected of you. That work for you? The answer to your second question... no. Not likely.

Visit our new website
                          ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                          "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.Ē

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

yup...

Originally posted by Soj_NZ View Post
                            You will always find at least one fault when a man speaks non stop for nearly 1 hour! But seriously, in the context of his preaching I don't think he was teaching works for salvation.
                            Yes...it's all in the context isn't it???

Comment

Does not work

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                              You want to and you have to because it is expected of you. That work for you? The answer to your second question... no. Not likely.
                              I like it...

Comment

Working...
                              X