Did Adam and Eve have Navals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Adam and Eve have Navals?

It always tickled me, because they were never born.
    השייך לאלוהים דרך ישו

Originally posted by Tonton View Post

Since the navel is used to supply nourishment to the unborn child, more than likely they had no navels.

but in saying that God did create them with a purpose "to multiply" through Adam (the Life Giving One) Eve.

She may have had one and he didn't.
    It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Originally posted by always View Post
      Since the navel is used to supply nourishment to the unborn child, more than likely they had no navels.

but in saying that God did create them with a purpose "to multiply" through Adam (the Life Giving One) Eve.

She may have had one and he didn't.
      Why would she need one? The navel is not connected to the female reproductive system.

I reckon neither had one, as neither had a mother.

Comment

Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
        Why would she need one? The navel is not connected to the female reproductive system.

I reckon neither had one, as neither had a mother.

She had to supply nourishment to her children? I'm not a medical person, my reasoning may be wrong
        It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

I did a poll once on this very topic.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=81040

Comment

Originally posted by Tonton View Post
            No, they were created in the image of God. God does not have a navel becasue "God spoke and it was".
            Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
              No, they were created in the image of God. God does not have a navel becasue "God spoke and it was".
              They were created in His Image spiritually

Comment

She had to supply nourishment to her children? I'm not a medical person, my reasoning may be wrong
                The nourishment would come from the umbilical cords of eg Cain and Abel and all the others, which would be attached to her uterus and therefore bloodstream - the navel is in no way connected with this - it's scar tissue.

But she would certainly have had breasts for the purpose you say!

Comment

What? I am not even going to touch that one!
                  Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Yes!

I love to see it when people do not take that verse from the Bible literally. You made my day

Comment

Originally posted by torazon View Post
                      I love to see it when people do not take that verse from the Bible literally. You made my day

Alright, I don't know if you are agreeing with me or being sarcastic.

we do know because of scripture we are created in his image

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

and we do know that man/woman have different physical characteristics, and each individual has different physical characteristics.

We do know that God is a spirit

Jhn 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

the Spirit man that lives inside us has a form

satan is a spirit as well, that is how he was able to take up habitation in the serpent.

so will someone elaborate on why my statement is so amusing

Comment

In his image....

I think the Bible is saying we were created in his image in a spiritual way, not literally as in God has two arms and two legs and all that. No I would not take a sarcastic tone with anyone here unless it was strictly in fun.

So when you made reference to us being created in his image I was happy to see somebody that does not take it literally.

Have a good night.

Comment

Originally posted by torazon View Post
                          I think the Bible is saying we were created in his image in a spiritual way, not literally as in God has two arms and two legs and all that. No I would not take a sarcastic tone with anyone here unless it was strictly in fun.

So when you made reference to us being created in his image I was happy to see somebody that does not take it literally.

Have a good night.
                          I thought that was what you mean't , I wasn't sure about te poster that stated he "didn't want to touch it" I was laughing because I thought this was well known

Comment

In Gods image

I thought that was what you mean't , I wasn't sure about te poster that stated he "didn't want to touch it" I was laughing because I thought this was well known
                            You would think something like this would go without saying right? You would not believe the number of people I have spoken with that take everything in the Bible at face value and dismiss symbolism or metaphors. Or do not realize the translation from the original scripture was not exactly perfect.

Anyway I sincerely do appreciate a thinking Christian like you and others here

Comment

This is a chuckling Poll
                              "A text without context is a pretext."

Comment

Working...
                              X