Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am Michael

Hello everybody,

I'm Michael. I've been fairly unreligious for my whole life. I went to church a few times with friend and for social events but never really believed.

But over the past week, I've been pondering what happens to us after life. I'm a biology major in school right now. And of course I'm trained to think that God is not real. But that just makes no sense to me. The big bang theory itself is putting faith into something, and that it itself does not obey all the laws of the universe.

How could we start out with nothing? That defies the 2nd law of energy. How are we so organized as species? That defies the laws of entropy.

I woke up a few nights ago with my heart pounding, as I felt a darkness in the afterlife. Cold air. No energy. Nothing. I knew I had to look towards religion after this episode.

I want to believe in God. I want to learn about it. But of course, I'm naturally skeptical about everything. I hope you guys can educate me.

Mike

Hi Mike

I am sure the Lord is working with you at this moment, if there is any way that I am able to help, I am here for you.

O sorry, welcome to the board

God bless
    Phil

Comment

thanks a lot Phil. I've just been feeling very lost the past week or so since I woke up with that panic attack.

Comment

Welcome to the boards Michael - i hope you can find the answers you are looking for.
        Jesus said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life'

John 8:12

PRAY FOR MIEKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by cjf View Post
          Hello everybody,

I'm Michael. I've been fairly unreligious for my whole life. I went to church a few times with friend and for social events but never really believed.
          Sounds the way some began (like myself). No religion or influence, God just knocked on the door of the heart and got the minds attention (noetic).
          But over the past week, I've been pondering what happens to us after life. I'm a biology major in school right now. And of course I'm trained to think that God is not real. But that just makes no sense to me. The big bang theory itself is putting faith into something, and that it itself does not obey all the laws of the universe.

How could we start out with nothing? That defies the 2nd law of energy. How are we so organized as species? That defies the laws of entropy.

I woke up a few nights ago with my heart pounding, as I felt a darkness in the afterlife. Cold air. No energy. Nothing. I knew I had to look towards religion after this episode.

I want to believe in God. I want to learn about it. But of course, I'm naturally skeptical about everything. I hope you guys can educate me.

Mike
          Perhaps your skepticism will help you in the long run of seeking all you can find out about Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man. The uncreated (God) joined to the created (mankind). The ontology alone....

Comment

Welcome to the board! I hope you find the true answers you are searching for!
            Psalm 118:8 - "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Comment

Welcome CJF, well it was bound to happen sometime, you come to a Christian forum asking for answers and some "Jesus Freak" salutes you back and quotes some Bible Verses at ya!

OK, I said "Welcome" and yes I am a Jesus Freak and very proud of it, and like John Lennon once said "...I hope someday you'll join us". So in hopes you can do that as soon as possible, here are the verses.

"REV 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

"JN 3:1 Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

JN 3:2 the same came unto him by night, and said to him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that thou doest, except God be with him.

JN 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

JN 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter a second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

JN 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God!

JN 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

JN 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born anew.

JN 3:8 The wind bloweth where it will, and thou hearest the voice thereof, but knowest not whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

JN 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

JN 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou the teacher of Israel, and understandest not these things?

JN 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that which we know, and bear witness of that which we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

JN 3:12 If I told you earthly things and ye believe not, how shall ye believe if I tell you heavenly things?

JN 3:13 And no one hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended out of heaven, `even' the Son of man, who is in heaven.

JN 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up;

JN 3:15 that whosoever believeth may in him have eternal life.

JN 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

JN 3:17 For God sent not the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through him.

JN 3:18 He that believeth on him is not judged: he that believeth not hath been judged already, because he hath not believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Now, a bit of my testimony. I became "Born anew" born of the Spirit if you will when I was very young, cut to me many years latter, I became one of you. I walked away from God fully believing He didn't exist, embracing every scientific premise I could find that backed up my new found belief in God's non-existence. Cut to me about four months ago, waking up screaming because I felt "The pangs of death" grabbing me and totally engulfing me and taking me to a dark place where there was nothing, no light, no air, no sound, and yet I was fully aware of being there and yet trapped, not knowing how long I would be there, and worst of all fearing I would have to stay there for eternity.

I don't know if that's what you felt, but I know when I woke-up I was totally panicked, so I think the words "panic attack" do apply.

That's when I began to remember the Scriptures I had learned before those many years ago, and realized that "attack" was Christ knocking on my heart's door and asking me to let Him back-in, to let His light fill my darkened heart so I would never have to fear that horrible darkness again.

My friend, Christ is knocking at your heart's door, He wants to come into your heart and into your life, He is REAL and He is ALIVE and he's not playing around, your eternal salvation is not a game to Him nor should it be to you either. Open-up your heart's door, ask Him to come into your heart and confess with your mouth where ever you are right now, that you believe He is there, and that you believe He is God, and that you have sinned against God, repent "Feel trully sorry for" your sins and ask Him to forgive you, and He'll come into your heart and sup "have communion" with you and hug you and welcome you into His family.

If you do this, you'll be doing what the other verses in John talk about, at that moment you will be "Born anew" born of the Spirit, and if your heart is true your eyes will be opened to understand many more deep secrets, and I will be able to call you my brother, but more importantly God will declare you his Son, and you'll fear the darkness no more.

Don't try to rationalize it, just do it, you'll see. Then come back tomorrow and tell us all about it, and we'll be here to answer any questions you might have, but until you do that we won't be able to help you much because spiritual truths require a mind that is open to learn them.

Go pray the prayer now, and let us know how it went.
              Give my good Reps to Him, Tell Him about my bad ones!

Comment

Originally posted by DanDMan64 View Post
                Welcome CJF, well it was bound to happen sometime, you come to a Christian forum asking for answers and some "Jesus Freak" salutes you back and quotes some Bible Verses at ya!

OK, I said "Welcome" and yes I am a Jesus Freak and very proud of it, and like John Lennon once said "...I hope someday you'll join us". So in hopes you can do that as soon as possible, here are the verses.

"REV 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

"JN 3:1 Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

JN 3:2 the same came unto him by night, and said to him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that thou doest, except God be with him.

JN 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

JN 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter a second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

JN 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God!

JN 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

JN 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born anew.

JN 3:8 The wind bloweth where it will, and thou hearest the voice thereof, but knowest not whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

JN 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

JN 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou the teacher of Israel, and understandest not these things?

JN 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that which we know, and bear witness of that which we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

JN 3:12 If I told you earthly things and ye believe not, how shall ye believe if I tell you heavenly things?

JN 3:13 And no one hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended out of heaven, `even' the Son of man, who is in heaven.

JN 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up;

JN 3:15 that whosoever believeth may in him have eternal life.

JN 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

JN 3:17 For God sent not the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through him.

JN 3:18 He that believeth on him is not judged: he that believeth not hath been judged already, because he hath not believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Now, a bit of my testimony. I became "Born anew" born of the Spirit if you will when I was very young, cut to me many years latter, I became one of you. I walked away from God fully believing He didn't exist, embracing every scientific premise I could find that backed up my new found belief in God's non-existence. Cut to me about four months ago, waking up screaming because I felt "The pangs of death" grabbing me and totally engulfing me and taking me to a dark place where there was nothing, no light, no air, no sound, and yet I was fully aware of being there and yet trapped, not knowing how long I would be there, and worst of all fearing I would have to stay there for eternity.

I don't know if that's what you felt, but I know when I woke-up I was totally panicked, so I think the words "panic attack" do apply.

That's when I began to remember the Scriptures I had learned before those many years ago, and realized that "attack" was Christ knocking on my heart's door and asking me to let Him back-in, to let His light fill my darkened heart so I would never have to fear that horrible darkness again.

My friend, Christ is knocking at your heart's door, He wants to come into your heart and into your life, He is REAL and He is ALIVE and he's not playing around, your eternal salvation is not a game to Him nor should it be to you either. Open-up your heart's door, ask Him to come into your heart and confess with your mouth where ever you are right now, that you believe He is there, and that you believe He is God, and that you have sinned against God, repent "Feel trully sorry for" your sins and ask Him to forgive you, and He'll come into your heart and sup "have communion" with you and hug you and welcome you into His family.

If you do this, you'll be doing what the other verses in John talk about, at that moment you will be "Born anew" born of the Spirit, and if your heart is true your eyes will be opened to understand many more deep secrets, and I will be able to call you my brother, but more importantly God will declare you his Son, and you'll fear the darkness no more.

Don't try to rationalize it, just do it, you'll see. Then come back tomorrow and tell us all about it, and we'll be here to answer any questions you might have, but until you do that we won't be able to help you much because spiritual truths require a mind that is open to learn them.

Go pray the prayer now, and let us know how it went.
                What you went through is EXACTLY what I went through last week. I woke up with a rapid heart beat. I felt eternal darkness all around. I felt hopelessness, I felt the pointlessness of life. I ran to the toilet and vomited.

This came that night for during that day during an Environmental policy class, we were looking at graphs into the future and saw projections of the consequences of global warming 100 years, and it hit me that I wouldn't be around then.

I admit, that I'm still not fully over this. I am trying my hardest to accept God, but it's as if I still couldn't get over that premonition. Do you believe that that is what hell is like? Or do you believe that was Jesus knocking on the door?

I will do as you say. Thank you for sharing your similar experience as mine.

Comment

Well, like I said, it's just a wake-up call, it is Jesus knocking at your heart's door like he was knocking on mine, and is His way of making us get a little taste of what it will be like if we choose to keep rejecting His gift of eternal salvation and fellowship with Him, God The Father, and The Holy Spirit. It's His way of letting us know, if we don't open the door we think we are keeping Him out in the dark night, when just the opposite is true, without His precious light in our Hearts, the darkness we lock ourselves into will consume us for eternity.

As for it being Hell, I hope neither you or I are ever allowed to have even a minuscule hundredth of a second like taste of what Hell will be like. The Bible says it was prepared for the devil and his angels, and no human being was ever intended to partake of their torment, but is sad to know that for many humans it will be a very real torment, not only to be separated from God, but also to be forever tormented with physical pain as well which was never intended for them.

But don't give that any thought, just let Him in to your heart, and He will spare you from that punishment, because He already went there after He took upon Himself our own death sentence upon the cross. That's why we can rejoice in the fact that we have a free ticket to Heaven's Joy, which was bought with His precious blood, but He does require our lives in exchange, not to rule over It like a tyrant, but to make us what we were meant to become, His brethren and sons of the same Father.

Say the prayer, let Him in, we'll have all eternity to talk about it, but we can start here. Alleluia.
                  Give my good Reps to Him, Tell Him about my bad ones!

Comment

Welcome! I'm new here myself, but I figured I'd been here long enough to greet new comers.

I have been in a christain family my whole life but for many years I was rebeliouse to the faith. Just a few years ago Jesus really laid it on my heart to want to live for him! And I'm so thankful now that I never fully turned my back on my family and faith. But I wish I could have back the time I was struggling against Him and relive it. But mistakes are meant to make us stronger if we live to benifit from them!
                    I hope you find what your looking for among us and I'll be here to talk to if you want! WELCOME!

Comment

Hi Michael. Welcome aboard.

- jeff

Comment

Hi Michael,

Welcome to CMB! I think God is beginning a work in you and calling you. This is a good place to learn more about all of it on the various threads.

Peace and blessings,

ditty.
                        "The flowers appear on the earth,
                        the time of singing has come,
                        and the voice of the turtledove
                        is heard in our land
                        ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Originally posted by cjf View Post
                          What you went through is EXACTLY what I went through last week. ...do you believe that was Jesus knocking on the door?

I will do as you say. Thank you for sharing your similar experience as mine.
                          It is such a blessing to me to be able to read of the Lord's working in the lives of others.
                          Welcome to the site and in your looking may you find HIM.

Comment

Hello and welcome

Comment

Working...
                            X