Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blasphemy against the holy spirit?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • blasphemy against the holy spirit?

    What does this exactly mean?

  • #2
    I've heard lots of suggestions/answers, but I'd really like to know too!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post
      What does this exactly mean?
      during the end time many will be called to speak out against the antichrist if you refuse this is blasmphemy of the holy spirit but you should know those who speak against the anti christ are elects and they will not commit this sin translate this to the hebrew and its much easier to understand hope this helps

      Comment


      • #4
        So basically if Christians have the kahoonas to say "Hey you're not Jesus!" are the ones that are the "elect" so to speak. And the ones who are kept quiet are the ones who are the ones commiting the blasphemy?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nightmare View Post
          during the end time many will be called to speak out against the antichrist if you refuse this is blasmphemy of the holy spirit but you should know those who speak against the anti christ are elects and they will not commit this sin translate this to the hebrew and its much easier to understand hope this helps
          Er, chapter and verse for this, please?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post
            What does this exactly mean?
            From what I have heard blasphemy against the holy spirit is hearing the word of god and chooseing not to accept it or believe god is real.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post
              What does this exactly mean?
              Hi Scott,
              Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is speaking against the Holy Spirit of God....some pharisees seeing Jesus preform miracles of casting out demons, they charge Christ that He was casting out demons by using the spirit of baal/the devil/satan to cast out these demons.
              (I think this account in scripture is in all four gospels of Matt, Mark, Luke and John so, its not hard to find it)
              By the Pharisees doing this they were calling Gods Holy Spirit which is what impowered Christ to cast out demons, they were saying the Spirit Christ had is the Spirit of baal/satan/the devil....that is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

              blasphemy against the Holy Spirit isn't as most believe the unpardonable sin, it is a great sin but, it is a sin that can lead one to the unpardonable sin, which is to deny Christ Jesus is the way the truth and the life and our only way to be restored/pardoned to God, denying this (Jesus is Christ) leaves you with no other way to be restored/pardoned so its called the unpardonable sin....since by not believing He is the way, by default you leave yourself with no other way no other pardon, not to say that you cant be forgiven if you turn and do believe Jesus is the Christ, just that you cant be pardoned and enter heaven with out believing on Him (Him your pardon).
              There is no sin that wont/cant be forgiven through Him!

              God bless you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by walked View Post
                Blasphemy against the holy spirit is speaking against the Holy Spirit of God....some pharisees seeing Jesus preform miracles of casting out demons, charges Christ that He was casting out demons by the spirit of baal/the devil/satan by doing that they were calling Gods Holy Spirit which is what impowered Christ to cast out demons, they were saying the Spirit Christ had is the Spirit of baal/satan/the devil.
                I concur with the above.

                This specific sin can only be committed when Jesus Christ is literally on this earth, those pharisees were guilty back then when they pointed the finger at him and claimed he had the spirit of Satan, and there will be some who commit this sin again when Jesus comes back the second time to rule and reign on earth. Until that time though no-one is in danger of committing the sin spoken about in Matt 12!

                Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
                - Matt -
                .
                Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
                of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Soj_NZ View Post
                  I concur with the above.

                  This specific sin can only be committed when Jesus Christ is literally on this earth, those pharisees were guilty back then when they pointed the finger at him and claimed he had the spirit of Satan, and there will be some who commit this sin again when Jesus comes back the second time to rule and reign on earth. Until that time though no-one is in danger of committing the sin spoken about in Matt 12!

                  Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
                  Where two or three of you gather in my name there I am also...the same Spirit that Christ operated miracles under while He walked on earth is the same Spirit sent to man after His going back to His throne in the heavens and that same Spirit can and does dwells in some of us now today, yesterday and tomorrow.

                  So, one can still speak against/blasphemy against the Holy Spirit today too.

                  God bless you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here is a scenario that I think would be Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit:

                    You just died, and you are immediately brought to a spot in heaven standing before Christ. He shows you the full truth of what eternity in Heaven is really going to be like and you say "PFFT! forget it!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by walked View Post
                      Hi Scott,
                      Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is speaking against the Holy Spirit of God....some pharisees seeing Jesus preform miracles of casting out demons, they charge Christ that He was casting out demons by using the spirit of baal/the devil/satan to cast out these demons.
                      (I think this account in scripture is in all four gospels of Matt, Mark, Luke and John so, its not hard to find it)
                      By the Pharisees doing this they were calling Gods Holy Spirit which is what impowered Christ to cast out demons, they were saying the Spirit Christ had is the Spirit of baal/satan/the devil....that is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

                      blasphemy against the Holy Spirit isn't as most believe the unpardonable sin, it is a great sin but, it is a sin that can lead one to the unpardonable sin, which is to deny Christ Jesus is the way the truth and the life and our only way to be restored to God, denying this (Jesus is Christ) leaves you with no other way to be restored so its called the unpardonable sin....since by not believing He is the way, by default you leave yourself with no other way, not to say that you cant be forgiven if you turn and do believe Jesus is the Christ, just that you cant be pardoned and enter heaven with out believing on Him.
                      There is no sin that wont/cant be forgiven through Him!

                      God bless you.
                      Walked, thank you for this. Far too often passages like Luke 12:8-10 and Mark 3:28-29 are taken out of context, then conflated with other unrelated text to create something that "isn't there" and that is a stumbling block for new believers. I've come to believe that the scripture shouldn't be read at all if it cannot be read in "at least" two chapter increments, and better yet, whole books. None of them are so long as to create a problem for someone who really thinks it is the Word of God.

                      The passage in Luke is contemplating a broad subject, introduced in Luke 11:14-15. That verse / happening sets the stage of understanding for what is said in Chapter 12.

                      I must admit to being really frustrated by convoluted explanations of texts like this, when the simple understanding is so readily accessible, as in your post. Thanks again.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rand47 View Post
                        Walked, thank you for this. Far too often passages like Luke 12:8-10 and Mark 3:28-29 are taken out of context, then conflated with other unrelated text to create something that "isn't there" and that is a stumbling block for new believers. I've come to believe that the scripture shouldn't be read at all if it cannot be read in "at least" two chapter increments, and better yet, whole books. None of them are so long as to create a problem for someone who really thinks it is the Word of God.

                        The passage in Luke is contemplating a broad subject, introduced in Luke 11:14-15. That verse / happening sets the stage of understanding for what is said in Chapter 12.

                        I must admit to being really frustrated by convoluted explanations of texts like this, when the simple understanding is so readily accessible, as in your post. Thanks again.
                        Amen!..I believe in even taking it further sometimes and go past two chapters, like taking context from the message in the whole book or letter and then if it still doesn't jive then take it to the context of entire message of the whole bible, all of the books n letters to find the meaning through the context of the message and not individual verses or word combos.

                        God bless you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by walked View Post
                          Where two or three of you gather in my name there I am also...
                          Interesting you should quote that verse, would you say that if there are NOT two or three gathered together in Christ's name today and you were just alone that the Spirit of Christ would NOT be present?

                          Originally posted by walked View Post
                          ...the same Spirit that Christ operated miracles under while He walked on earth is the same Spirit sent to man after His going back to His throne in the heavens and that same Spirit can and does dwells in some of us now today, yesterday and tomorrow.

                          So, one can still speak against/blasphemy against the Holy Spirit today too.
                          I still hold to the belief that you can't commit the sin of Matt 12 unless Jesus Christ is literally here on the earth and you point at Him and claim he has the spirit of Satan. That's what those pharisees did, they weren't pointing at any of the disciples they were pointing at the Lord of glory. When this sin is committed during the millennium it will be unpardonable and those who do it will go straight to hell.

                          Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

                          The doctrinal application of the verses in Matt 12 and Mark 3 are for the kingdom of heaven when God brings it down to earth and rules and reigns, they are not applicable during the times of the gentiles or church age we are living in, as the kingdom of heaven's arrival was postponed when Israel rejected Christ as their Messiah.
                          - Matt -
                          .
                          Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
                          of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            when the Jewish leaders saw first hand the miracles and still refused to believe, God chose to go to the people of other nations. Their hearts were 'calloused' as to not even try to believe Jesus was the son of God.

                            Today one might sense God's prodding or see an actual miracle [[maybe healing]] and they are so 'adamant' [[in their unbelief]] that they refuse to even consider that it is God's works'.

                            Does anyone think after a time people's hearts are permanently hardened by God, not sure......

                            Then I would think though that because 'man' doesn't ask for forgiveness due to 'his' unbelief, he is causing the unforgiven sin, not because of God's unwillingness to forgive.

                            comments on this passage, is it just to show how evil man can be or has God given up on them

                            Romans 1

                            18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
                            24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God or the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
                            26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, 1men with 1men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
                            28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

                            have more questions than answers now
                            9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

                            PRAYERS FOR MIEKE AND CHARLES

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Serve-N-Protect View Post
                              Here is a scenario that I think would be Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit:

                              You just died, and you are immediately brought to a spot in heaven standing before Christ. He shows you the full truth of what eternity in Heaven is really going to be like and you say "PFFT! forget it!"
                              Dude, I gotta ask... from which scripture in the Bible do you base this on? Just the scripture so it can speak for itself with no interpretation
                              Slug1--out

                              ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X