X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiet dove
    replied
    Guys this is an old thread brought to life by a vote so since election is over and thread is rather old I have closed it.

Leave a comment:

• Whispering Grace
    replied
    I just hope the dems pick a really bad candidate...male or female!

Leave a comment:

• EarlyCall
    replied
    well, it's going to be interesting don't you think!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well back before the last election I met several people (who didn't know each other) that said basically the same thing. They had voted for Bush in 2000, they felt Bush had been a horrible failure on many levels and just wanted the dems to give them someone they could vote for (which was in all cases modified with something to the effect of *definitely not Hillary*). There are a lot of people who voted rep in 2004 who are prepared to vote dem but not vote for Hillary. If they want to run a woman they'd be better off running Nancy Pelosi.

Leave a comment:

• EarlyCall
    replied
    Originally posted by punk
    Oh I didn't say she didn't want to run, or that some people might think it is a good idea. She does want to run.

I don't think she has a chance of being elected. If the dem higher ups don't realize that, they've lost touch with reality.
    Oh, ok, I see hwat you mean now. Man I hope you're right about that. I'm thinking she has a great chance of winning as I said I've felt since 2003. But yea, really, I hope you're right.

Here's something to consider though, after running gore and kerry, do you think the dems might just think something this spectacular, for it's own obvious reasons, might be just the "ticket" so to speak? Could they maybe approach it from that thinking do you think?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by EarlyCall
    punk. Are you serious? You see her posturing don't you? You'v eheard the rumors right?

Well, I hope you are right.

As far as Bob Dole... yep, you're right!
    Oh I didn't say she didn't want to run, or that some people might think it is a good idea. She does want to run.

I don't think she has a chance of being elected. If the dem higher ups don't realize that, they've lost touch with reality.

Leave a comment:

• EarlyCall
    replied
    Originally posted by punk
    The dems would have to be insane to run Hillary Clinton for president, she doesn't have any chance.

Then again the reps were insane enough to run Bob Dole back in '96, so anything is possible.
    punk. Are you serious? You see her posturing don't you? You'v eheard the rumors right?

Well, I hope you are right.

As far as Bob Dole... yep, you're right!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Just some interesting news that you might or might not know:
    Thabo Mbeki, president of south africa has recently apointed a female vice president. That means that the chances of having a female president here is pretty good. She is quite popular.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The dems would have to be insane to run Hillary Clinton for president, she doesn't have any chance.

Then again the reps were insane enough to run Bob Dole back in '96, so anything is possible.

Leave a comment:

• EarlyCall
    replied
    not if her name was hillary clinton. But keep your eyes on her for 2008. I said back in 2003 she would run in 2008 and win. I hope I'm wrong about the winning part. Everyone I told this to at work told me ai was crazy. I hope they are right. I really do. It was no secret then to many she would run, though many also didn't think so. But no one seemed to think she would win. I did and still do. We'll see. Man I hope I'm wrong. I'd vote for mother goose before I'd vote for hillary clinton.

Leave a comment:

• IndyLauri
    replied
    Originally posted by QRP Beacon
    Maybe we're not "conservative Christians" What is the definition of a conservative Christian anyway? I have yet to know...

If a woman were running for president, I'd have no reservations about voting for her whatsoever -- as long as she was politically worthy of my vote.

Not to steer this thread in a different direction, but as far as my "house" is concerned, my wife and I make joint decisions. My wife is no dummy, she's smarter than the average bear. We discuss things and come to an agreement.
    My husband's sister always says that her husband "let her be the boss". I think that's too cute!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by HateMeI'mLiberal
    Ya know, I haven't checked back here in soooo long...and guess what I SEE!!! An amazing event. Over 50% would vote for a woman. Good job everybody. Don't be afraid!!! I know its knew to think of women taking control of something, but that would be awesome...Hillary, move over. Here I come!in peace God Bless Everybody here. jules
    Hold on there Jules! lol Before you get ready to run against HC, I'd need to know where you stand on the issues. I'm not a rainforest type guy myself..

In Christ,
    Lew

Leave a comment:

• Steve509
    replied
    I would vote for the best person, regardless of gender. I would never vote for HC.

Leave a comment:

• MynameisMary
    replied
    Your avatar resembles that remark LOL.... what does "I that offend to that!" mean???? LOL

Leave a comment:

• undertheblood
    replied
    I that offend to that!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X