Where are demons from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are demons from

I have these tapes of Binny Hinn called War in the Heavenlies. I haven't listened to the whole thing but, He claims through scripture that the Earth is millions of years old. He tells the scripture and shows how he comes to the conclusion. He says demons are beings of this world before us. They followed lucifer and were destroyed w/the world and the world laid dormant for years and years. Satan was cast down after that in the garden because he wanted to be GOD. This however throws me off because of things we see at Glenrose where they have proof man walked with Dinosaures and how the bible in the book of Job describes them.

Alot of people say demons are angels...Well angels have bodies and they dont get tired...The bible talks about demons seeking a house and get tired. So I know their not Angels.

I would like to know what other people think about this. It truly confuses me. Binny Hinn has alot of scripture to back up his thoughts. He talks about why scientist have a problem w/ christians...Scientist say the world is millions of years old...Binny agrees w/them. Others like at Glenrose say 6k.... I dunno but I'm gonna pray for the truth!

Welcome Brian. I would encourage you to think critically about such things. I snipped out a section of your post as an example of what I mean.

- Why do you think angels have bodies (you imply physical)?
    - Wouldn't the confluence of bodies and fatigue lead to assumptions opposite of yours? (I.e., beings with bodies don't get tired; beings without bodies do get tired).
    - Are you talking about physical fatigue and physical bodies?
    - When is a figurative interpretation appropriate? Certainly it is appropriate at times within the Bible (e.g., Revelation, Ecclesiastes)?
    - Even if your assumptions are correct (and again, I stress that this would just be by chance), why would these assumptions lead you to so firmly believe that demons are/were not angels? Mightn't some angels get tired while others do not? To me this is a silly question, but for one who believes as you seem to, it is a rational issue that should be addressed before adopting a firm belief.
    - The past tense brings up another point -- did the angels that became demons change somehow that would make their characteristics currently different from angels?

Please understand that I am not trying to denigrate your beliefs. I think it is important to think critically about one's beliefs.
    Be blessed,

Nicholo
    I reserve the right to be convinced by others that I was wrong in anything I've said!

Comment

Demons are spiritual beings..... of the Darkness, they used to be Angels, but followed Satan !!!
      Physical bodies.... only when they pocess a human being.... manifest in a human being.... what I am saying is, they do not have a physical form, but wehn they pocess a human being... that will be their outer bodily form,,,, (I am not sure I make myself understandable)

Angels do not have a physical form, unless G_d allows them to appear in such a form,,,, they are spirit beings.
      The spirit realm is 'unseen' by the physical human eye
      The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
      God plants in our hearts
      to remind us
      there are better things ahead.
      -Holley Gerth

Comment

That's what my mom always taught me, exactly.
        The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined.
        --Isaiah 9:2

Comment

Wisdom comes with age, and seeing that you are as old as my son....
          The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
          God plants in our hearts
          to remind us
          there are better things ahead.
          -Holley Gerth

Comment

Uh? Well this is the strangest thing I ever heard of...people weren't not around with the large dinasours...with the Wooly Mamoth and sabbare tooth tiger, but not with like T-Rex, ect. The thing you are thinking of in Job I have heard is actually a describition of satan and I have also heard it as being an alligator or hippo...though I don't think it was either...it was God talking about this, not Job, first of all, and I think it was actually satan He was describing.

And no angels do not have physcially bodies as we do. There were many times in the bible where they were allowed to appear before people in physical bodies, yes....but otherwise their bodies are not like ours.

I really don't see how Benny Hinn is coming up with this earth is a million years old then laid doormate for a long time, ect, ect....I would like to see what scriptures he is using to come up with this stuff.

God bless
            Julie
            "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Well, the way I understand it is there are two very distinct types of demons, and depending on which one your reffering to you get different answers:

Demons, as in "fallen angels"- These are the 1/3 of the Lord's direct angels who rebelled against Him alongside Lucifer (aka Satan), and where cast to the Earth. These beings can in fact take on physical bodies (which explains their mating with the humans in Noah's times), and it is believed that some of them still have physical bodies and are currently bound in the sea or deep in the Earth (i.e Leviathan, Behemoth, Abaddon, etc.).

Demons, as in "evil spirits"- These are spiritual beings of uncleanliness(sp?). No one really knows whether they were created by Satan through imitating God's creation of Angels, or if they were always dwelling here on Earth; but there are now subserviant to the Devil. They have no physical bodies of their own, which is why they constantly seek to inhabit and corrupt any human who will let them in. These are the beings that tempt us with everyday sins, and possess people, NOT "fallen angels".

Of course, these are just my beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow
                Uh? Well this is the strangest thing I ever heard of...people weren't not around with the large dinasours...with the Wooly Mamoth and sabbare tooth tiger, but not with like T-Rex, ect.
                There's a lot of evidence that man and dinosaurs lived together at one time probably up to the time of the flood that Noah's family saw.

Comment

There is some debate about where demons came from. Most, including myself, say demons are angels that rebelled with Satan and that 1/3rd of the angels at that time became demons. I believe even unclean spirits are demons that were angels at one time. In the time of the Bible most believed demons were the spirits of Nephilim. Angels that rebelled against God had children with human women as mentioned in Genesis and the children were evil. God sent the flood of Noah's time and killed the Nephilim and the spirits of the Nephilim are the demons. The fallen angels have been imprisoned according to this belief which is an idea supported in the NT in Jude.

The books of the late Presbyterian author Donald Barnhouse is the best source of information for the gap theory which states the earth existed for a long time and it was during this time that Satan rebelled. I believe in the gap theory but I'm not dogmatic and admit I could be wrong. My oversimplified explanation of the theory involves Genesis 1 and the idea Satan deceived Eve. First in Genesis 1 the Bible says created the universe and the Hebrew word for create means to create out of nothing but then it starts talking about God creating earth in 6 days using a Hebrew word meaning to use existing materials to construct something. In other parts of the Bible it says when God created the universe out of nothing it was perfect. Other parts of the Bible also say that when Satan rebelled the world was ruined by the destruction it caused. If Satan was the one who deceived Eve the world was already ruined. Also notice that in Noah's time God was sorry he put man on Earth. I believe God created the universe but Satan's rebellion caused mass destruction. God restored the universe in 6 days. We don't know how long the gap of time between the original creation and the 6 day creation was and it could have been a fraction of a second or millions of years. I don't think dinosaurs come from this era.

Comment

The books of Enoch explain this.

As the previous poster wrote, there were giants in the days of Noah who were created by the fallen angels who took wives, and taught them all kinds of wickedness. Those giants began to sin against animals and flesh, and God regretted mans creation. He flooded the earth and punished the angels, fastening them in heaven to await their judgement. When Enoch saw them, he felt pity for them and they pleaded for him to pray to God for their sins. And from those giants who were half human, half angel their spirit went to the earth, and they are known as evil spirits.

Satan is described as being a lion, seeking whomever he can devour. Satan may be bound in heaven along with his companions, but his spirit is on the earth. An evil spirit (or demon) cannot co-habitate with God; if our temple within is full of light as the kingdom of heaven, then a spirit will not enter. That is where we are protected.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I don't really have a belief on the topic, I have however wondered about it due to Binny Hinn, Perry Stone, and others
                      like the ones who are in Glenrose. Sorry if I lead some of you into a silly question but I feel if someone can help clear things up for you=when you have heard too many teaching's....I don't feel it silly at all.

The name of the study for Binny Hinn is War in the Heavenlies= take a look and see what you think. He may have some of it online. Not sure!

Comment

Benny Hinn is a false teacher and is one of many that are of the word faith movement. Here is a page of thread links in this forum to alot of good information about him and the word faith movement.

http://bibleforums.org/search.php?searchid=5368
                        While it is true that politicians can use any word they want, we reply that language works only when those using it agree on what the words mean, and that the meaning of words cannot be unilaterally changed by someone without the agreement of others. -William Lutz

Comment

I do know this about Binny Hinn. Alot of people get saved/healed at his services. And he gives all glory to GOD and tells the people he didn't do
                          it....GOD DID! So what is wrong w/that? Nothing IMO

Comment

Originally posted by CorpusIslander
                            There's a lot of evidence that man and dinosaurs lived together at one time probably up to the time of the flood that Noah's family saw.
                            That the Nephilim existed up to the Flood and after is one thing; I question if in "the world that then was" there was another, prior, irruption of Nephilim, or, even creations of Satan, at the same time as the dinosaurs and, if so, are those prehistoric (pre-Adamite) pseudo-human remains of the Nephilim or Satanic creations?

Comment

Anything satan creats would be using something that God created to create it, because God created all things.

I think that if satan and his demons wanted to create life of any kind that they would have to do it thru human or animals already created by God [possesion, or mutation thru what sin does to all things living]. I dont believe satan has the breath of life to give to any form he may create. Only the breath of death so to speak. There is no life or life giving in satan at all, it is all take................. Just my thoughts, Jeannine
                              While it is true that politicians can use any word they want, we reply that language works only when those using it agree on what the words mean, and that the meaning of words cannot be unilaterally changed by someone without the agreement of others. -William Lutz

Comment

Working...
                              X