John Hagee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Hagee

My mom watches him and turned me onto his Sunday morning show. Once you get past all the peddling of wares (that drives me bonkers!), I find that I am really drawn to his messages. As a rule I normally do not watch TV evangelists. Most of them seem to be in it for earthly treasure (big paychecks, homes, fancy cars, etc). I do not know much about him, so I was wondering what the general consensus is about him. Is his show worth DVRing every week (I am supposed to be getting ready for church, but I am sick)? Do you think that he is a messenger of God? Thanks!

I love him. I think he is a messenger of GOD. GOD wants him to preach the good word, and, John is doing a great job.

<removed link due to "donations" tab>
    Last edited by Big T; Nov 4th 2007, 10:07 PM.
    PSALM23
    http://encouragementcentral.wetpaint.com/

Please visit the aboce link to my website. I will be adding scripture as I feel it needs to be. And, please feel free to tell me about it. Thanks, and, GOD Bless!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I used to watch him. I dont find him to be biblical.

Heres a link you can check out if you are interested. I am not going to make an argument for or against. I just dont like him.
      Originally posted by Job 34:19
      God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Comment

I would advise not looking to any televangelist to shepherd you.

Use the King James Bible and ask the Lord Jesus for wisdom in understanding His Word and trust Him to be Your Good Shepherd. That is the whole point of having a relationship with Him is getting to know Him through His Words.

John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. 47But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

So it is better to place your trust in the Lord than in those that are on television or in the pulpit. They can lead you astray, but Jesus will not.

Comment

I do not look for them to shepherd me as much as I like to find things that edify me other than just reading. I also listen to the Bible Experience CDs and stuff. I am an auditory learner, so reading the Bible often does not do anything for me unless there is an audio message with it. I pray before I read, but that does not necessarily mean I retain it. People learn and retain information in different ways, I cannot retain anything unless I hear it.

PS. Why does he do the Vulcan sign when he prays

Comment

Heres an interesting thread that i accidentally stumbled upon while looking at another message board.

Here is the Video i wanted to add.

Last edited by Quickened; Nov 5th 2007, 12:17 PM. Reason: link no longer goes straight to video
            God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Comment

I have never read his books, I rarely read at all except the Bible (because of my aforementioned problem), but it always bothers me when these evangelists write books and sell their sermons. If they were not in it for the money why would they not just offer the CDs and DVDs for free? Or for the cost of shipping? The cost of making a CD or DVD is under .50 cents, so why charge so much for it? Jesus did not charge money for his sermons or healings. Just some food for thought.

Comment

Here is another link for the book if anyone is interested.

"Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Messiah?" I John 2:22

Comment

Originally posted by I<3Jesus View Post
                  My mom watches him and turned me onto his Sunday morning show. Once you get past all the peddling of wares (that drives me bonkers!), I find that I am really drawn to his messages. As a rule I normally do not watch TV evangelists. Most of them seem to be in it for earthly treasure (big paychecks, homes, fancy cars, etc). I do not know much about him, so I was wondering what the general consensus is about him. Is his show worth DVRing every week (I am supposed to be getting ready for church, but I am sick)? Do you think that he is a messenger of God? Thanks!
                  He is a very charasmatic preacher. I no longer listen to him becasue of his views of Isreal and the Palestinian people. He is way off base on this dividing issue
                  Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

So basically he thinks that Jewish people do not need to accept Christ to get into heaven? I'm sorry, I tend to glaze over after reading for a bit. Everyone, including the Jews, have to accept him, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Quickened View Post
                      Heres an interesting thread that i accidentally stumbled upon while looking at another message board.
                      Whoa! The fiance' and I were here discussing Hagee this morning and I said that while I can take a good message away from his preachings, I do not trust him. I get a knot in my stomach when the first ten minutes of his program is to peddle his wares. My fiance' said that taking a good message away then is good enough and I said no it is not because we are told to be weary of false prophets. Like anything else we have to be careful what we expose ourselves too.
                      Last edited by Big T; Nov 4th 2007, 10:14 PM. Reason: Removed link in quoted area

Comment

i stay away from most tv preachers.
                        xPurity Through Resistancex

Straight Edge

Comment

I find it necessary at this point to step in and say something. I actually rather like Pastor Hagee. I've read In Defense of Israel and find it to be very Biblical, although I do have some questions I'd like to ask him. His point about the Jewish people being redeemed is that it is one of God's promises. If we believe that the old Covenant is no more then not one of us can claim ANY assurance. If God can break His Word to the Jewish people then He can break it to us.

I find myself asking why it is that we, as Christians, seem to believe that servants of our Lord Jehovah aren't allowed to have nice things. Are they supposed to live in shacks and wear nothing but the most threadbare attire? Why do we do this to ourselves? All it does is promote disunity within the body and help the enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by bayushisan View Post
                            I find it necessary at this point to step in and say something. I actually rather like Pastor Hagee. I've read In Defense of Israel and find it to be very Biblical, although I do have some questions I'd like to ask him. His point about the Jewish people being redeemed is that it is one of God's promises. If we believe that the old Covenant is no more then not one of us can claim ANY assurance. If God can break His Word to the Jewish people then He can break it to us.
                            Do you believe that Jesus was the Messiah and the only way to get to heaven is through him?

I find myself asking why it is that we, as Christians, seem to believe that servants of our Lord Jehovah aren't allowed to have nice things. Are they supposed to live in shacks and wear nothing but the most threadbare attire? Why do we do this to ourselves? All it does is promote disunity within the body and help the enemy.
                            There is a difference between having enough and having an over abundance of earthly riches. Jesus said countless times that those who seek earthly riches will not receive them in heaven. I am not judging the man, but the ONLY people he is reaching are those who have the money to buy cable, to buy his books, to buy his taped sermons, to attend his conferences and the list goes on. The word of God shouldn't have a price tag associated with it. Those who take it and slap a price on it and peddle it under the guise of being a Godly person are false in my honest opinion. I will say it again, Jesus rose people from the dead and did not think to charge money for it (for obvious reasons) but Hagee is charging $50 to listen to a few minutes of a sermon and a ton of self advertisement.

Comment

Originally posted by I<3Jesus View Post
                              Whoa! The fiance' and I were here discussing Hagee this morning and I said that while I can take a good message away from his preachings, I do not trust him. I get a knot in my stomach when the first ten minutes of his program is to peddle his wares. My fiance' said that taking a good message away then is good enough and I said no it is not because we are told to be weary of false prophets. Like anything else we have to be careful what we expose ourselves too.
                              The problem with American Christianity is that a general lack of knowledge exists. People see a preacher quote some passages and when you look them up or read along as encouraged you see it is spot on. The lack of knowledge is when people dont see scripture being taken out of context or seeing that someone is theologically way off base. Its a lack of discernment. Which is why feel good preachers and the WOF movement are so prominent in our current culture.

Comment

Working...
                              X