Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pat Robertson: Fake Christian?? Which verses warn of this?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I do think this is very odd. Pat Robertson has always been...um...very vocal about stopping abortion and gay marriage. And then he...endorses a pro-choice candidate who also supports gay marriage. Huh.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Matthew 12:21 View Post
      I do think this is very odd. Pat Robertson has always been...um...very vocal about stopping abortion and gay marriage. And then he...endorses a pro-choice candidate who also supports gay marriage. Huh.
      It is very odd, but then pat is likely to do or say just about anything.

      Comment


      • #18
        I think he realises that a lot of us out here-will not vote if the candidate isn't prolife-and we'll be giving the election to hillary.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by godsgirl View Post
          I think he realises that a lot of us out here-will not vote if the candidate isn't prolife-and we'll be giving the election to hillary.
          Right, so what is a pro-life republican to do?

          This is so interesting to see a "family values" party endorse and most of all follow behind the pro-choice candidate. This is sweet.

          Most reps have no choice at this point except to conform and bow down to abortion as a choice for the sake of party affiliation.

          If Giuliani loses, many will began to feel guilty for their compromising positions...only if he loses. One thing will be for sure though, they will still be pro-choice.

          Comment


          • #20
            Maybe Robertson feels that Rudy is the best choice for the war on terror, and that's what he feels is most important right now.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by deepjagga View Post
              Right, so what is a pro-life republican to do?

              This is so interesting to see a "family values" party endorse and most of all follow behind the pro-choice candidate. This is sweet.

              Most reps have no choice at this point except to conform and bow down to abortion as a choice for the sake of party affiliation.

              If Giuliani loses, many will began to feel guilty for their compromising positions...only if he loses. One thing will be for sure though, they will still be pro-choice.
              Remember, the primary has not been held yet. The only polling data that counts is the one on election day. We have not yet endorsed him for president.

              Right now the media polls have clinton as the clear leader in the primaries, but 4 in ten women, 6 in ten men and 8 in ten republicans say they will NEVER vote for her. How is it possible that she has a big lead going into this thing with those numbers? Because polling data will vary widely depending on the methods.

              I guess my point is, do not dispair, we don't hae a clue what is happening right now, and we still have hope of a pro family conservative.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by theabaud View Post
                Remember, the primary has not been held yet. The only polling data that counts is the one on election day. We have not yet endorsed him for president.

                Right now the media polls have clinton as the clear leader in the primaries, but 4 in ten women, 6 in ten men and 8 in ten republicans say they will NEVER vote for her. How is it possible that she has a big lead going into this thing with those numbers? Because polling data will vary widely depending on the methods.

                I guess my point is, do not dispair, we don't hae a clue what is happening right now, and we still have hope of a pro family conservative.
                My comment didn't mention anything about Hilary so I'm not sure why you mentioned her. This isn't even about Hilary. It's about Rudy and the fact that he is pro-choice and has no intentions of switching over eventhough he's running on the republican ticket which has defined itself as being pro-life.

                The reps no have to compromise and flip flop in order to follow behind Rudy Giuliani since he will be the winner of the republican ticket in getting the chance to compete with Hilary for President of the U.S.

                Hope for a pro-life republican candidate, and the reality of that
                candidate being pro-choice are two different things.
                Last edited by deepjagga; Nov 10th 2007, 06:52 AM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I think Robertson watches too much television. We need to remember that the first vote in the first primary has not yet even occured. There is a reason we go to the polls instead of listening to the polls. The media is not supposed to be the ones in charge of the election and I think America would be better off not watching any news at all for the next year. They are really living up to the main stream media stereotype they complain so much about
                  "Here I raise my Ebenezer"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by pnewton View Post
                    I think Robertson watches too much television. We need to remember that the first vote in the first primary has not yet even occured. There is a reason we go to the polls instead of listening to the polls. The media is not supposed to be the ones in charge of the election and I think America would be better off not watching any news at all for the next year. They are really living up to the main stream media stereotype they complain so much about
                    pnewton what you're saying is true but politics is an old game. Front runners are called out as being front runners for a reason.

                    Hilary is the democratic front runner because the democrats are very clear about her being their candidate for the presidency. The polls show it, and the democrats have no complaints about it. Besides, they feel it's a win win for them by getting Hilary, they also get Bill back. They are pleased.

                    Rudy is the republican front runner because republicans have already sounded a horn to their party that he is one they are going with. The polls show it, and the republicans have no complaints about it. Besides, they feel he's the best candidate running on their ticket who could possibly defeat Hillary.

                    Look at it this way, Arnold Swarznager in California is a republican who is in favor of same sex marriages, gays, gay rights, etc... Rudy is a republican who is in favor of abortions, he's pro-choice. They both bring a lot of consistency to the republican party, wouldn't you say?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by deepjagga View Post
                      They both bring a lot of consistency to the republican party, wouldn't you say?
                      But what they bring is not something I can ever support in good conscience. If both major parties are pro-abortion I wonder how many more will join me in the Exodus.
                      "Here I raise my Ebenezer"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I went to the 700club website and they have this posted:

                        CBN Statement

                        Pat Robertson as a private citizen has recently endorsed a candidate for public office. As a private citizen he has the right to participate in the political process, and is entitled to express his personal views. CBN, as a public charity, does not support or oppose any candidate for public office, and as a result will not address or comment further on this matter.

                        I am upset that I couldn't get answers about his choice. I feel he has a responsibility to the viewers and supporters of Christ Jesus to explain. Some Club members would blindly follow and support anyone Pat says is fine..................and this is bad especially when Pat won't expand on his reasons of choosing Rudy. JMO
                        Mighty is our King!
                        Ruler of Everything!
                        I could and will sing of HIS Glory forever.
                        I cherish THE COMFORTER
                        FATHER PLEASE SOFTEN THE HEARTS OF THE LOST.
                        I WANT LESS OF ME AND MORE OF YOU.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I'm anti-gun and a Christian..... I know pleanty of people who are anti-gun and pro-abortion and are Christians.... My God saves Democrats....

                          As far as Rudy Guilliani being racist.... well, that's largely a matter of opinion, not a fact.

                          I personally don't like Pat Robertson or Rudy Guilliani. But to say that Pat Robertson isn't saved because he supports Guilliani is passing judgement on him yourself. And there are verses in the Bible that speak volumes about that, too.....
                          "Hear this, you kings! Listen, you rulers! I will sing to the LORD, I will sing; I will make music to the LORD, the God of Israel."
                          - Judges 5:3

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ComeLordJesus View Post
                            I went to the 700club website and they have this posted:

                            CBN Statement

                            Pat Robertson as a private citizen has recently endorsed a candidate for public office. As a private citizen he has the right to participate in the political process, and is entitled to express his personal views. CBN, as a public charity, does not support or oppose any candidate for public office, and as a result will not address or comment further on this matter.

                            I am upset that I couldn't get answers about his choice. I feel he has a responsibility to the viewers and supporters of Christ Jesus to explain. Some Club members would blindly follow and support anyone Pat says is fine..................and this is bad especially when Pat won't expand on his reasons of choosing Rudy. JMO
                            Because they are a 501c3, they cannot mix political things with religion concerning elections. If they do, they can lose their 501c3 like Hagee did one time.
                            Note: By request I can only post and see the tech section of this forum. So don't respond to my posts in the other sections because I cannot see them so I cannot respond. You can PM me if you need to.
                            My site: http://www.yecheadquarters.org/

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by deepjagga View Post
                              Right, so what is a pro-life republican to do?

                              This is so interesting to see a "family values" party endorse and most of all follow behind the pro-choice candidate. This is sweet.

                              Most reps have no choice at this point except to conform and bow down to abortion as a choice for the sake of party affiliation.

                              If Giuliani loses, many will began to feel guilty for their compromising positions...only if he loses. One thing will be for sure though, they will still be pro-choice.
                              Not me, I won't vote-I hope that there is a movement in the conservative base to sit out this election-even if it means giving the country to hillary-the repubs. just assume that they will have our vote-just like the dems. assume on the black vote-no matter what their policy.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X