Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behold He Cometh With The Clouds!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Behold He Cometh With The Clouds!!!!!!

    Acts 1: 9-11 tells us how Jesus was taken into heaven, and that he shall return the same way.

    Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; And a cloud received him out of their sight.
    Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
    Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand Ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as Ye have seen him go into heaven.

    In Daniel 7:13. Daniel saw one like the Son of man come with the clouds.
    Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

    The following scriptures tell us of the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven after the tribulation.
    Mt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: And then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, And they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power And great glory.
    Mt 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
    Mk 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming</SPAN> in the clouds with great power and glory.
    Mk 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming</SPAN> in the clouds of heaven.

    Revelation 1:7 tells us that every one shall see him.
    Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

    Now have a look at 1 thessalonians 4:17 and see where we shall ever be with the Lord.

    1 Thess 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with Them in The clouds, to meet The Lord in The air: and so shall we ever be with The Lord.

    This is the same manner as when Christ was taken into heaven.

    Has the prophecy changed that Christ will come in another manner, other than how he was taken?

  • #2
    Very nice Firstfruits..........

    Revelation 1:7 tells us that every one shall see him.
    Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
    So does this mean all the dead are raised when he comes.?
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
      Very nice Firstfruits..........

      So does this mean all the dead are raised when he comes.?

      The dead in Christ


      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi guys,

        1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
        15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

        This verse does not say Jesus comes on the clouds, it says He comes with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God. The dead and the living meet Him in the clouds. Just like when the Lord left He went up into the clouds, the same is for us we will go up into the clouds and be with Him. They are going beyond the clouds to meet the Lord.
        John 8:31-32



        31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”


        Dizzy

        Comment


        • #5
          The quiet dove,

          Not always saved people shall be risen to see Christ's coming. Also, in John 5:28-29 telling us, at the hour comes(Christ descends), both saved and unsaved shall be rise out of graves to see His coming same, to judge them on the same day.

          In Christ
          Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DeafPosttrib View Post
            The quiet dove,

            Not always saved people shall be risen to see Christ's coming. Also, in John 5:28-29 telling us, at the hour comes(Christ descends), both saved and unsaved shall be rise out of graves to see His coming same, to judge them on the same day.

            In Christ
            Rev. 22:20 -Amen!
            That is true and I agree, but I also see a moment when the dead and alive in Christ only will meet Him in the air.

            Act 1:11 who also said, Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into the heaven? This same Jesus who is taken up from you into Heaven, will come in the way you have seen Him going into Heaven.

            Jesus was seen, by believers, ascending to heaven, no thunder, no lightening, no earthquake, no unbelievers.



            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by quiet dove View Post
              but I also see a moment when the dead and alive in Christ only will meet Him in the air.

              Act 1:11 who also said, Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into the heaven? This same Jesus who is taken up from you into Heaven, will come in the way you have seen Him going into Heaven.

              Jesus was seen, by believers, ascending to heaven, no thunder, no lightening, no earthquake, no unbelievers.

              Also Thess. says nothing about Jesus setting foot on the earth. He comes with a cloud.
              The Second coming says He comes riding on a horse with an army following Him.
              I have a Blog. Please visit!

              My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

              Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
                Acts 1: 9-11 tells us how Jesus was taken into heaven, and that he shall return the same way.

                Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; And a cloud received him out of their sight.
                Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
                Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand Ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as Ye have seen him go into heaven.

                In Daniel 7:13. Daniel saw one like the Son of man come with the clouds.
                Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

                The following scriptures tell us of the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven after the tribulation.
                Mt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: And then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, And they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power And great glory.
                Mt 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
                Mk 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming</SPAN> in the clouds with great power and glory.
                Mk 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming</SPAN> in the clouds of heaven.

                Revelation 1:7 tells us that every one shall see him.
                Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

                Now have a look at 1 thessalonians 4:17 and see where we shall ever be with the Lord.

                1 Thess 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with Them in The clouds, to meet The Lord in The air: and so shall we ever be with The Lord.

                This is the same manner as when Christ was taken into heaven.

                Has the prophecy changed that Christ will come in another manner, other than how he was taken?
                It is interesting in what all these verses say about clouds when in Revelation, it says Rev.19:11 And I saw HEAVEN OPENED, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wage war.
                Obviously, the other verses do say clouds, but folks spiritualize Revelation, will they say the horses are symbolic for clouds? Sorry, it was just a thought.
                Jesus and the army descending on clouds that look like horses? Ok so it is late!
                Actually, another interesting thing is that when He does and they do, the nations and kings go to make war with Him and His armies. The false prophet and the beast are thrown alive into the lake of fire and the rest are killed with the sword and all the birds were filled with their flesh. How is it that the dead are raised at this time while they are still being killed?
                Last edited by My heart's Desire; Nov 12th 2007, 04:19 AM. Reason: typo
                I have a Blog. Please visit!

                My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

                Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by My heart's Desire View Post
                  How is it that the dead are raised at this time while they are still being killed?
                  Exactly. Good question. And I don't understand how the saints, dead and living rise, who together rist to meet Christ, but at the same time see Him coming and come back with Him on white horses, all the same time.

                  People are going to be flying around, coming and going everywhere out there.


                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I certainly don't want to make light of those who believe differently than I and I don't think He returns a thousand times, but how can so many different things describe the same thing, gathered from the four winds, the earth reaped by angels, the dead resurrected, Jesus coming back with clouds, Jesus coming back on a horse with armies following etc etc.
                    You know what I mean?
                    I have a Blog. Please visit!

                    My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

                    Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by My heart's Desire View Post
                      I certainly don't want to make light of those who believe differently than I and I don't think He returns a thousand times, but how can so many different things describe the same thing, gathered from the four winds, the earth reaped by angels, the dead resurrected, Jesus coming back with clouds, Jesus coming back on a horse with armies following etc etc.
                      You know what I mean?
                      The clouds I believe are symbolic of angels. (God was surrounded by a cloud in the wilderness, but then read Deuteronomy 33:2). Elijah rides a fiery chariot (2 kings 2:11) and the angels in some places are described as horses and chariots of fire (2 Kings 6:17). So basically they are different ways of saying that God is coming with his angels. The righteous will be resurrected and taken up, but the wicked killed. The different accounts of the event fill in the whole picture.

                      I think the biggest split though is the description in some places of Christ touching down (Zech 14:4) and in others the righteous are taken up. So I think there are basically two comings.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by quiet dove View Post
                        Exactly. Good question. And I don't understand how the saints, dead and living rise, who together rist to meet Christ, but at the same time see Him coming and come back with Him on white horses, all the same time.

                        People are going to be flying around, coming and going everywhere out there.
                        Hi quiet dove,

                        People are going to be flying around, coming and going everywhere out there.

                        I thought that ws so funny too.
                        This is airway one to Jerusalem tower your heavenly highway seems to be blocked at the moment can you please redirect your traffic to use the earthly roads for the next millennium as we won't get the traffic up here cleared until then.


                        The thing you don't understand is Christ comes for the dead and living church at the same time. The dead in Christ rise first and then the living are changed in the twinkling of an eye. This catching up is different to the Lord's return, they are two seperate events.

                        1 Thessalonians 4:16,17
                        16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

                        When the Lord returns He will come on His white charger with His angels and the church, The Lord defeats the Beast and the false prophet with the sword that proceeds out of His mouth and kills those who are wicked, and places them in hades until the time of judgment. Satan is bound for 1000yrs.
                        John 8:31-32



                        31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”


                        Dizzy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
                          Very nice Firstfruits..........



                          So does this mean all the dead are raised when he comes.?
                          According to Revelation 1:7 it does state that every eye shall see him, including those that pierced him; and all kindreds and tongues shall wail because of him.

                          Also St John 5:28. Jn 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, Jn 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; And they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

                          Those that are alive and remain are not caught up until when Christ comes.

                          And also revelation 11:18. at the seventh trumpet. Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, And thy wrath is come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, And to the saints, And them that fear thy name, small And great; And shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by quiet dove View Post
                            The dead in Christ
                            Revelation 1:7 it is written that every eye shall see him, not only those that believe.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DIZZY View Post
                              Hi guys,

                              1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
                              15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

                              This verse does not say Jesus comes on the clouds, it says He comes with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God. The dead and the living meet Him in the clouds. Just like when the Lord left He went up into the clouds, the same is for us we will go up into the clouds and be with Him. They are going beyond the clouds to meet the Lord.
                              According to Acts 1:11. there is only one return of Christ. and he shall return in the clouds according to the prophecy. Daniel 7:13.

                              Mt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

                              Mt 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

                              Mk 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

                              Mk 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

                              1 Thess 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

                              Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

                              Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

                              Do you believe the prophecy?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X