The Followers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Followers

With all the post on False Doctrine and False Teachers/Leaders/Pastors; Lets talk about what the bible says about those who choose to follow the False Doctrine or False Teachers, because they are content where they are.

I was following up on another topic when I read this again:

John 10

1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
    Jeus says the sheep will not follow a stranger. Because they know the Sheperds voice. But they do not know the strangers voice.

This is how I am understanding this chapter:

Jeus is the Sheperd. Those that believe in Him are the sheep. They follow Him because He is the truth. They know his words.

Now the stranger is the the false teacher. His words are not the truth. Yet the sheep that follow him, do not know the true words of the sheperd?

So my question is about the followers, not the teacher (I think). I might have confused my ownself... those who follow the false teachings, thinking they know the Lord Jesus, do not really know Him, or they would know His voice, and know the stranger's voice was not the true words?

So also then, is it just as much the follower of the false doctrine's fault as the false teachers; for following the false teaching, and not knowing Jesus voice?????
    Last edited by Sherrie; Nov 14th 2007, 05:29 PM. Reason: Last part of my question did not copy onto my post so I added it.

Galatians 2: 20
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Spirit

Paul says, "for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." He did not say, "For as many as follow good teachings are the sons of God."
    sigpicLife! Just Live It!
    http://www.lifeblog.co.nr/

Comment

Originally posted by Sherrie View Post
      So my question is about the followers, not the teacher (I think). I might have confused my ownself... those who follow the false teachings, thinking they know the Lord Jesus, do not really know Him, or they would know His voice, and know the stranger's voice was not the true words?

So also then, is it just as much the follower of the false doctrine's fault as the false teachers; for following the false teaching, and not knowing Jesus voice?????
      I think it's a little of both.

It's the teachers leading true believers astray...

Ac 28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
      29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
      30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

And the followers who love to be mislead...

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
      4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
      Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will

Comment

Hi Sherrie, I totally agree with you, see also:
        1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
        2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
        3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
        4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
        5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
        6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
        8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
        9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
        10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
        11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
        12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2 Thes 2:1-12
        I believe this part of Scripture also speaks strongly agains people following false teachers.

God bless
        Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Sherrie View Post
          To be deceived is to not know the truth. That can be the teacher and/or the follower.
          If one knows the truth they can't be deceived.

Luk 8:17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither [any thing] hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

Comment

Working...
          X