Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dangers of Santa Clause (Yes, very serious.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangers of Santa Clause (Yes, very serious.)

No real verses here, but a bit of info that just popped in my head... My moms old friend Emily told my mom this years ago. (This is the woman that said I was annoited from the womb.)

http://www.av1611.org/jmelton/SantaClause.html

A piece taken from the info.

SANTA IS COMING SOON
    During the Christmas season it is emphasized over and over that "Santa is coming".
    JESUS CHRIST IS COMING SOON
    "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus." (Rev. 22:20)

SANTA IS OMNISCIENT
    Children are taught that Santa "knows when you've been good, and he knows when you've been bad".
    JESUS CHRIST IS OMNISCIENT
    "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good." (Pro. 15:3) "And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?" (Mat. 9:4)

What are you driving at here, Scott?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreys View Post
      What are you driving at here, Scott?

Santa is a diversion from the meaning of Christmas.. It's all about the all knowing "Santa Claus"... Satan has his claws in children when they're young.

Comment

The problem with Santa Clause is that he's a lie. I've never understood parents who say, "Oh, well it's just make believe."

No, it's not make believe to the kids. It might be make believe to the parents, but kids believe it's real. Therefore, parents are deceiving their children into believing something is real when, in fact, the entire thing is made up. How are you going to teach your kids to live for God and have faith in Him when you're teaching them to believe in some fictitious character that has God-like qualities, only to one day reveal to them that you weren't telling them the truth the entire time. Not only would it make them lose faith in the people who were supposed to lead them into truth, but it will in some ways make them doubt everything they've been taught in regards to faith.
        "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by VerticalReality View Post
          The problem with Santa Clause is that he's a lie. I've never understood parents who say, "Oh, well it's just make believe."

No, it's not make believe to the kids. It might be make believe to the parents, but kids believe it's real. Therefore, parents are deceiving their children into believing something is real when, in fact, the entire thing is made up. How are you going to teach your kids to live for God and have faith in Him when you're teaching them to believe in some fictitious character that has God-like qualities, only to one day reveal to them that you weren't telling them the truth the entire time. Not only would it make them lose faith in the people who were supposed to lead them into truth, but it will in some ways make them doubt everything they've been taught in regards to faith.

I believed in the Easter bunny, Satana Claus and the tooth fairy... Yes the major 3... but when I was young I was an investigator... I'd write these characters letters and ask them to leave evidence of themselves. Haha, I asked Santa to leave somethin' from his sled, I got bells. I asked the tooth fairy to leave part of her dress or sumthin of that sort, and the easter bunny I would investigate the basket for "made in China" or price stickers... I found out they were all fake by seeing santas bells at a hobby store with my mom, the tooth fairy I don't think ever left evidence and eventually I think I found my teeth my mom kept in letters in the house and I found the price tag on the bunny basket and it was in the vehicle which my parents forgot to bring in... Don't try to fool me when I was 5.. I find out things... lol

Comment

When I found out that Santa was not real it did not make me lose faith in people, it also never made me doubt everything I had been taught in regards to my faith, nor have I ever heard someone make such a comment.

I can understand Scott saying it is a diversion from the real meaning, but definitely not to people which believe.
            "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven." -Luke 6:37

Comment

Originally posted by ColeS View Post
              When I found out that Santa was not real it did not make me lose faith in people, it also never made me doubt everything I had been taught in regards to my faith, nor have I ever heard someone make such a comment.

I can understand Scott saying it is a diversion from the real meaning, but definitely not to people which believe.

I believe it draws attention away from big guns upstairs... I remember one early morning I went outside with my parents and I saw the most beautiful star, it was huge in the sky... It was so bright and I believe it was a spiritual experience.

Comment

Just because it didn't affect you doesn't mean it doesn't affect others. There have been countless kids break down crying when they found out Santa wasn't real. It has a big affect on many kids and it just isn't right to lie to them.
                "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

I've never heard anyone tell me they felt that way either. I just think it's a little over the top to say that kids finding out Santa Claus isn't real has such a dramatic affect on their lives. Yeah, they may cry for that day, but their lives? Really? I am yet to hear of anything like that.
                  "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven." -Luke 6:37

Comment

I find it hard to justify lying about Santa Clause. But I don't see the evil in the character that many do.
                    Matt 9:13
                    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                    NASU

Comment

I've never heard anyone tell me they felt that way either. I just think it's a little over the top to say that kids finding out Santa Claus isn't real has such a dramatic affect on their lives. Yeah, they may cry for that day, but their lives? Really? I am yet to hear of anything like that.
                      Whether you heard about it or not . . .

Whether you agree it is tramatic or not . . .

It is still a lie and shouldn't be done no matter how much parents want to water down that lie and call it "make believe".

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by VerticalReality View Post
                        Whether you heard about it or not . . .

Whether you agree it is tramatic or not . . .

It is still a lie and shouldn't be done no matter how much parents want to water down that lie and call it "make believe".

Well then fairytails could be up for that as well... But I am saying, just tell kids about Jesus a bit.. Don't over dose them, cause I know a lot of kids that had strict christ following parents.. The kid I knew from bible school about 4 years ago is now into drugs, drinking, terrible language and actions.. He's a bit lost now because they overdosed him in Christ... Forcing him to do stuff at church and all sorts of things like that...

Comment

I'll just say I concur with Brother Mark on this.

I didn't mean to spark up any debate, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post
                            Well then fairytails could be up for that as well... But I am saying, just tell kids about Jesus a bit.. Don't over dose them, cause I know a lot of kids that had strict christ following parents.. The kid I knew from bible school about 4 years ago is now into drugs, drinking, terrible language and actions.. He's a bit lost now because they overdosed him in Christ... Forcing him to do stuff at church and all sorts of things like that...
                            The really sad thing is that there are TONS of kids that come out of homes like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post
                              Well then fairytails could be up for that as well...

How so? If you're reading a book to your kid and they know it's make believe there is really no issue there. The lie comes when you start telling your kids that it's real.

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X