Where is the US in Bible prophesy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the US in Bible prophesy?

I'm not sure this is the appropriate place for this question, and forgive me for being lazy and not researching already opened threads on the matter, but I've always wondered if there are any Bible references as to the influence of the US on the world, being the super power that it is today, and being a "Christian" nation I would think some mention of it would be made somewhere in scripture.

Has anyone done any research on this, or can recommend a link to a site that deals with this question?

Thanks in advance to all who will contribute, this is not a discussion per say, just way to get some research started.
    Give my good Reps to Him, Tell Him about my bad ones!

See Babylon.

Comment

Originally posted by punk View Post
      See Babylon.
      Punk, you crack me up sometimes. (I'm not disagreeing with you necessarily.....)

There is no clear reference to the US in the Word. And so there are as many theories about it as there are Christians.
      Punk's is one of course.
      In the scope of the Bible, the short existance of the US is hardly noticeable, and, in looking at the world today, it's likely we won't be a superpower for much longer.
      I'm sure others will provide their thoughts.

Comment

In my own studies, I don't believe the US is directly a part of Bible prophecy. I believe the US was formed off of and built around the Bible's legacy, but I don't believe it is actually prophesied about within the Bible.
        To This Day

Comment

Did you know that the Israelites travelled through New Zealand during their wanderings?

Coz we are told they suffered from Moa bites.

"Your name and renown
          is the desire of our hearts."
          (Isaiah 26:8)

Comment

The Stone Kingdom of Daniel The tribe of Manasseh How could or would Father leave out the super power of super powers in prophecy ? I do not mean to step on any toes here but this is a very important subject addressed in the Bible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberseeker View Post
              Did you know that the Israelites travelled through New Zealand during their wanderings?

Coz we are told they suffered from Moa bites.
              All I have to say:
              To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac-Saxon View Post
                The Stone Kingdom of Daniel The tribe of Manasseh How could or would Father leave out the super power of super powers in prophecy ? I do not mean to step on any toes here but this is a very important subject addressed in the Bible.
                Could you show us how, exactly, Daniel's stone kingdom was referring to the US?

(Not trying to start an argument, I'm just curious how you came to this conclusion.)
                To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by DanDMan64 View Post
                  I'm not sure this is the appropriate place for this question, and forgive me for being lazy and not researching already opened threads on the matter, but I've always wondered if there are any Bible references as to the influence of the US on the world, being the super power that it is today, and being a "Christian" nation I would think some mention of it would be made somewhere in scripture.

Has anyone done any research on this, or can recommend a link to a site that deals with this question?

Thanks in advance to all who will contribute, this is not a discussion per say, just way to get some research started.

Before coming back to God I spent a lot of time thinking about the way the future was likely to develop from a purely economic perspective, with a view to protecting myself from what I saw as the inevitable consequences of decades of excess.

My view is that western economies are going to collapse due to currency hyperinflation. Think in terms of the sub-prime woes currently afflicting some parts of the US and multiply it. Then think of the nations that hold the money (China alone is reckoned to have some $2,000,000,000,000 in reserves) using it to buy up increasing parts of the West - they will want to turn it into tangible assets (specifically food and resource producing assets) before it devalues.

The little people (i.e. the likes of you and I) watch as the money in our pockets becomes worthless and we effectively become slaves. Look at the change in the price of your heating bills and grocery shopping to see what I mean (and, just out of curiosity, compare the increases with the official inflation figures)

Along the way we most likely end up with a digital currency (rather than a physical currency as we have now) and without the digital key you can't buy or sell anything because you don't have any way of paying or being paid.

Even before I came back to God I could see the parallels with the mark of the beast and trusting God for absolutely everything. Truth be told that was part of the thinking that ultimately brought me back to God.

Not specifically Bible references I know (except perhaps the verse in Proverbs 22:7 - "The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender"), but hopefully of at least some interest
                  24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
                  I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
                  I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
                  1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

The only reference that I am able to find, is in Rev 13, the second beast.

A beast in bible prophesy can represent a king, or a kingdom (nation/empire), and the representation of an empire can be both at a specific time in the history of that empire, or it can mean the whole history of that empire.

The second beast of rev 13 is considered to be lamblike. There those who like me interpret this to mean that this second beast is therefore a christian empire. The second beast also controls the worlds resources and finances. The power to prevent you from buying and selling.

This second beast of rev 13 however speaks like a dragon, which is a symbol used to describe the first beast. This has been interpreted that although the second beast is a christian superpower/worldwide nation/empire, something happens to bring about a change so that it becomes like the first beast

When America was established as a nation, independant, it stood as the champion of protestant christianity, and was a haven for those fleeing from religious persecution. For 150 years America stood for every thing that was good and right.

However in the last 50 years there has been a change taking place in America. Moral standards have been falling at an increasing rate. The Ten Commandmants are being ripped down.

Since 2001, the pace of change has increased dramatically. Freedoms of the everyday person are rapidly being taken away. In 2008 more changes are set to come into place that will have an effect on not just the people of America but across the world. New IDs are being implemented around the world, driven by America.

You wont be able to travel with out one of the new IDs and you wont be able to bank or pay taxes.

These new IDs are not the mark of the beast, they are a tool of the beast.

When the new chips go into all your forms of ID, and onto every thing that you can buy or sell, and into the plastic cards that you use to do all your business transactions, ie credit cards, debit cards, eftpos cards, your cheques, and even in your money... the government will be able to controll your ability to buy and sell, and restrict your ability to travel.

This is the America which we see developing today. Foreign policy changed from one of reactiveness to world developments to one of preemptive first strike.

And we can expect to see further changes yet. And you wont like what is coming.

Comment

Superpowers in the Bible are only important as they interact with the majority of the people of God. There is plenty said about the nations around Israel, but the other nations of the world removed from Israel are not specifically spoken, though they would be included when the Bible talks about all the nations of the earth, and every tongue, etc. Generalized verses.

Regarding the opening thread. Take a look at Revelation 12.
                      Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.
                      Here we see the commencement of the persecution of the Christian church by Satan. If you read the prior verses, you will see that the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ sealed the fate of the Devil (he has now been cast down, and now knows his time is short).
                      But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood.
                      This is the continued pursection, in which the church is attempted to be carried away by the nations of the earth. See the last verses in Revelation 17 to get an idea of what waters represent, there are other verses as well. The time, times and half a time is seen in other places of the Bible as 42 months, 1260 days and time, times and half a time. I believe this represents the greater than 1000 years temporal rule by Ecclesiastical Rome. A time when people such as the Waldenses, Huguenot, Albigense, Bohemians and later the protestant reformers were persecuted for their faith.
                      But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.
                      The reformed churches fled in the end from populous places of the earth, and found refuge in the territory of the Americas (the earth). Now go to Revelation 13, and look at the second beast. It comes out of the earth. Previously, as in the book of Daniel, beast nations come out of the waters, or the populous nations, and tongues of the earth. But this beast comes out of the earth by contrast; a nation to arise in a place of little population and is linked with the events of the end of revelation 12. It has horns like a lamb, indicating its power is based on Christ-like principles. But speaks like a dragon, which in the following verses indicates a reference to it eventually making an image to the first beast, etc. The earth and the beast that comes out of it is the best example of US in prophecy I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightwithDignity View Post
                        The only reference that I am able to find, is in Rev 13, the second beast.

A beast in bible prophesy can represent a king, or a kingdom (nation/empire), and the representation of an empire can be both at a specific time in the history of that empire, or it can mean the whole history of that empire.

The second beast of rev 13 is considered to be lamblike. There those who like me interpret this to mean that this second beast is therefore a christian empire. The second beast also controls the worlds resources and finances. The power to prevent you from buying and selling.

This second beast of rev 13 however speaks like a dragon, which is a symbol used to describe the first beast. This has been interpreted that although the second beast is a christian superpower/worldwide nation/empire, something happens to bring about a change so that it becomes like the first beast

When America was established as a nation, independant, it stood as the champion of protestant christianity, and was a haven for those fleeing from religious persecution. For 150 years America stood for every thing that was good and right.

However in the last 50 years there has been a change taking place in America. Moral standards have been falling at an increasing rate. The Ten Commandmants are being ripped down.

Since 2001, the pace of change has increased dramatically. Freedoms of the everyday person are rapidly being taken away. In 2008 more changes are set to come into place that will have an effect on not just the people of America but across the world. New IDs are being implemented around the world, driven by America.

You wont be able to travel with out one of the new IDs and you wont be able to bank or pay taxes.

These new IDs are not the mark of the beast, they are a tool of the beast.

When the new chips go into all your forms of ID, and onto every thing that you can buy or sell, and into the plastic cards that you use to do all your business transactions, ie credit cards, debit cards, eftpos cards, your cheques, and even in your money... the government will be able to controll your ability to buy and sell, and restrict your ability to travel.

This is the America which we see developing today. Foreign policy changed from one of reactiveness to world developments to one of preemptive first strike.

And we can expect to see further changes yet. And you wont like what is coming.
                        This is interesting, so according to this interpretation, the first beast would be the Antichrist, but the second beast could very well be the US, which had judeochristian beginnings, but by that time would become a totally secular society willing to join into an alliance for power with the Antichrist, and under his supervision become it's spokesman, and through the use of technology it could keep other nations in line by use of "Fire from the sky" (laser weapons fired from satellites perhaps).

Also through technology and a partnership with all other nations it could create a supercomputer, perhaps in the form of a cyborg made in the form the Antichrist, which would be use to keep track of all commerce on earth and bring-about the new law of the global ID, whereby all the people in the World would have to be forced to take sides, to be allowed to live in the new world order, or die by not denying allegiance to Christ and to God.

I can see how this is all possible today, which is another good reason to look-up and rejoice because our redemption draws nigh.

It will be very sad though, if this interpretation is true, that the great force for good in the world, the great U.S.A, will ultimately betray it's principles of freedom and democracy and "In God We Trust", just so it can share power with the ultimate "Bad Guy", but if that's what must be then so be it. "Even so come Lord Jesus."
                        Give my good Reps to Him, Tell Him about my bad ones!

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love the US, but their time as superpower of superpowers on the world stage is in decline. China will shortly be the most dominant power on the planet. God help us all.

Comment

Both China and India are rising powers. But without aide from the States... both would fall. Just as the USSR fell. And they will.

Rev 13 shows to super powers on the earth in the last days controlling the affairs of man.

The first beast.
                            The second beast.

The first beast is unified europe.
                            The second beast is a changed america.

One of the main central themes of Rev 13 is the question of whom you will worship.

The first beast is able to be identified by studying the prophesies in Daniel as well in Revelation. This beast developes into a worldwide religious power which makes war against the true church of God. Claims to have power over the kings of the earth. Claims to be God. Speaks blasphemous things against God. Rules the earth for over 1200 years.

The roman empire was never conquored in whole. Only in part. In the east it ruled for over 1000 years. In the west it was divided. out of the divided west arose a new political power separate to the individual nations. It was a religious power that grew and eventually rulled all the earth. This is of course the Roman Catholic Church.

The reformation broke the power of the roman church. The deadly wound to one of the heads of the beast.

but today we are seeing the fullfillment of the last head. A coming together of the countries of europe into a united empire again. And seeking to be head in all religious affairs... none other than the pope.

This is the first beast. A united religious and political world power seeking to be the centre of worship of the world.

The second beast can be identified as America readily enough. A beast that has power over the resourses of the world. Who is driving the great push for the new rfid technology. None other than America. A beast with lamblike horns. America was established on the reformed protestant faith and was a sanctuary to all seeking freedom from religious persecution. The bastion of the free.

But something is changeing. and its getting faster. Protestant values are being torn down every where. America is now pushing for world wide id standards to be introduced every where... and all within the next few years. And all the world is following in this practise. rfid chips are going onto every thing. they are going into all forms of id. they are going into all your banking cards, credit, debit, eftpos. they are going into the cheques. they are going into the money. And all nations of the earth are doing this at the same time.

Rome wants the world to fall down and pay homage to the pope as head in all religious affairs. And will use america and europe to bring this to pass.

when the protestant 10 commandments get taken down... there will be a religious backlash. But dont be suprised when you see that it is the catholic church that is taking a lead in this.

The 10 commandments will go back up... but it will be a catholic version.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightwithDignity View Post
                              Rome wants the world to fall down and pay homage to the pope as head in all religious affairs. And will use america and europe to bring this to pass.

when the protestant 10 commandments get taken down... there will be a religious backlash. But dont be suprised when you see that it is the catholic church that is taking a lead in this.

The 10 commandments will go back up... but it will be a catholic version.
                              Where does the Bible say this?
                              To This Day

Comment

Working...
                              X