Noah's Ark !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noah's Ark !

Again ,, Does anyone have the answer to my question ! "How many people were there on earth after the flood "?

Eight. Moses and his wife, their three sons, and their sons' wives. See 1 Pet. 3:20.

Edit: "Moses" made an ark too, and wrote about Noah's ark, and it's late, and I got excited that I was the first to respond to this post, and all these factors lead to a poor excuse for why I accidentally wrote "Moses" instead of "Noah". Please accept my apologies! In hopes of saving face, I focus your attentions to my second post (below), where I correctly name the one to find grace in God's eyes in those days, and say a bunch of other way-better things too also worthy of discussion! Blessings!
    Last edited by Nihil Obstat; Nov 27th 2007, 08:49 AM. Reason: ...made a stupid...
    analyze. synthesize. repeat.

*It is the next chapter of my life, whether I'm ready or not. My time here in these forums has come to its close. I bless you as I go!*

Comment

This should answer your question....

Genesis 6:
      17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.

19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

(All because Noah, and Noah ONLY, FOUND GRACE!)
      My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

I believe that the reason that Moses used "local Flood" language in Genesis when speaking of the "land" was to stress the fact that the wicked in those days were all in one place, though they were commanded by God to spread out across the earth. Wicked people united in purpose, deed, and place is a dangerous thing. These who Noah preached to for 120 years were so wicked that even the Sethites, God's chosen lineage to birth the world's Messiah, were harloting themselves to demon worshipers (physically, then spiritually), so that only one man of this chosen seed was faithful to God; Noah. God is never more harsh in His judgments than is necessary to produce the most amount of people to reach the greatest level of love for Him. When He wiped out the entire earth's population (it is probable that there were up near a billion people on the earth in those days, all in one locale), and only saved eight people, we should understand clearly that the levels of darkness that the wicked were giving themselves to was so potentially detrimental to His promised seed that He had to bring upon the earth a global flood, effectively destroying all men outside of that ark. This is essentially what Jesus meant in Matt. 24:37-42... these days are soon coming - they are upon us! - Lk.11

*It is the next chapter of my life, whether I'm ready or not. My time here in these forums has come to its close. I bless you as I go!*

Comment

Again ,, Does anyone have the answer to my question ! "How many people were there on earth after the flood "?

Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish.
          18 "But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife, and your sons' wives with you.

count them, Noah and wife =2 + 3 sons = 5, plus the sons wifes = 8.

Eight. Moses and his wife, their three sons, and their sons' wives. See 1 Pet. 3:20.
          I'm sorry, but Moses was not on the ark. He was on a little thing all by himself in a different century.
          And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Ya, Moses was a long time after the flood.
            It was Noah...

People should really re-read their posts before hitting that 'submit' button.

Comment

Yeah, people are funny that way...

Comment

Originally posted by King David View Post
                When God created the first man and woman, Adam and Eve, he commanded them to be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth with people. Well God ended up destroying all of the earth's population about 1200 or so years later and after he flooded them out started mankind off again with Noah and his three sons, and their wives, a total of eight people. Then repeating what he had told Adam and Eve, God commanded Noah and his sons to be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth with people...and here we are!

Genesis 9:18 And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan. 19 These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.
                - Matt -
                Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
                of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13

Comment

Actually, it was more like the Hebrew year of 1656 (or 2104 BC) that the flood took place.

Other than that... cool.

Comment

you know, we should also read the scriptures closer as well.

I always thought that Noah preached about the flood for 120 years.

But then I read the scriptures again.

Gen 5 tells us that Noah was 500 years old when he had his family.
                    Gen 6 tells us that God called Noah to build the ark but it also says that noahs sons were already married.

Gen 7 tells us that the flood came when noah was 600

That means that the period that Noah preached was 100 years or less. Not the 120 years I had always been told.

just a small point to take note of

Comment

Was when he had his sons the time in which he preached about the flood, or was it another event?

The comet Hale-Bopp first appeared in 2209 BC - 105 years prior to the flood.

It next appeared in 1997.

Hale-Bopp is a pretty unique comet - both in its properties, and in its prophesies.

Comment

Originally posted by King David View Post
                        Could you specify if you mean real or imaginary people?
                        If you mean real people then the answer is eight
                        If imaginary, then the answer is tens of thousands, give or take a few million
                        If the Calvinistic Westminister Confession is true (that "God from all eternity did, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely, and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass"), then God ordained my disbelief of Calvinism.

Comment

When these passages were written it would be hard to believe they were made with the understanding of a global planet. We have to recall that it was not much more than 500 years ago that people believed the "earth" was flat. The word "earth" used in these passages of Genesis is the Hebrew word "erets" (Strong's O.T.#776). Erets does not actually carry any connotation of a global, spherical planet in its translation. While it has been translated as "earth" many times, it is also translated "country" 140 times, "land" 1,476 times, and "ground" 96 times in the Old Testament. In the various references to erets it can be shown it is most often used to infer a limited land area rather than the entire planet.

There is evidence that in the Black Sea area that this flood happened. There was a fresh water lake some 100 feed below current levels. There is a reason they built the tower of Babel. They had to know about the flood. China has records that show their people were there during the flood. I believe the Bible and the fact that Noah built the Ark. The flood is real and the Word is true. I am sure some of you will not like this post but I believe in looking at everything I can find to back up the Bible and the facts are there to do it.

http://www.ensignmessage.com/archives/noahsflood1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac-Saxon View Post
                            When these passages were written it would be hard to believe they were made with the understanding of a global planet. We have to recall that it was not much more than 500 years ago that people believed the "earth" was flat. The word "earth" used in these passages of Genesis is the Hebrew word "erets" (Strong's O.T.#776). Erets does not actually carry any connotation of a global, spherical planet in its translation. While it has been translated as "earth" many times, it is also translated "country" 140 times, "land" 1,476 times, and "ground" 96 times in the Old Testament. In the various references to erets it can be shown it is most often used to infer a limited land area rather than the entire planet.

There is evidence that in the Black Sea area that this flood happened. There was a fresh water lake some 100 feed below current levels. There is a reason they built the tower of Babel. They had to know about the flood. China has records that show their people were there during the flood. I believe the Bible and the fact that Noah built the Ark. The flood is real and the Word is true. I am sure some of you will not like this post but I believe in looking at everything I can find to back up the Bible and the facts are there to do it.

Your scientific research failed to mention the account of a global catastrophe that spared NOT the OLD WORLD of the ungodly is confirmed in the New Testament.

2Pe 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

World here is translated from kosmos; orderly arrangement, i.e. decoration; by implication, the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively (morally)):--adorning, world.

Apparently kosmos, unlike the Greek word ge ghay; translated earth, is inclusive of the whole world. If the global flood that destroyed the WORLD of the ungodly had been translated 'earth' from ge, instead of 'world' from kosmos, then your scientific research might have some merit, because 'ge' can mean simply a certain region and not necessarily the whole. But since the flood was global and included the whole world of the ungodly I accept the truth from Scripture, not science, when disputing the all encompassing global effects of the whole KOSMOS.

Blessings,
                            RW

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac-Saxon View Post

H776
                              ארץ
                              'erets
                              eh'-rets
                              From an unused root probably meaning to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land): - X common, country, earth, field, ground, land, X nations, way, + wilderness, world.

It looks like you are choosing from the grocery bag your goodies and throwing the groceries away.

Gen 6:17 And, behold,2009 I, even I,589 do bring935 (853) a flood3999 of waters4325 upon5921 the earth,776 to destroy7843 all3605 flesh,1320 wherein834 is the breath7307 of life,2416 from under4480, 8478 heaven;8064 and every thing3605 that834 is in the earth776 shall die.1478

Genesis 6:17
                              17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.

Don't make it complicated.
                              Revelation 3:3
                              .....If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Comment

Working...
                              X