Blood of Christ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood of Christ?

Is it possible to plea the blood of Christ over a conversation so that demons/satan cannot listen in on a conversation? Hmmm

Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post
    Is it possible to plea the blood of Christ over a conversation so that demons/satan cannot listen in on a conversation? Hmmm
    Well... you can say whatever words you want to. Satan already has a leash on him; and God knows your entreaties before you can even express them. Better than that, He knows what you actually need, as opposed to just what you want.
    One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father over us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve M View Post
      Well... you can say whatever words you want to. Satan already has a leash on him; and God knows your entreaties before you can even express them. Better than that, He knows what you actually need, as opposed to just what you want.

Well if you were trying to tell a friend something... Could you plea the blood of Christ so that no spirits can hear then except for big guns upstairs?

Comment

It seems like you could probably pray to God that the conversation is kept private. Can I ask for more information before responding further?

Comment

Originally posted by foxglove View Post
          It seems like you could probably pray to God that the conversation is kept private. Can I ask for more information before responding further?

This was a general question, cause I think I remember my moms old friend Emily saying this or telling my mom you could.

Comment

I've never heard of such a thing and would categorize it as un-biblical nonsense.
            Keep in mind that we are living in Satan's dominion. He also has with him on this earth, 1/3 of the angels, which are innumerable as the stars in the sky so I'm going to assume there are probably more demons than there are humans on the earth, they are everywhere and are listening and influencing at every opportunity they get.

I don't believe they can listen to our thoughts or silent prayers, but they can hear and see everything we say or type, so be careful what you say that might bring them joy, such as something evil that they can (and will) use against you whenever possible.

In Christ's love, stoo

Comment

The Blood of Christ.

First there needs to be an understanding of what the phrase "Blood of Christ means. Biblically, to shed blood had the idea of violence. Blood is associated with death. In the N.T. the blood, when used with regard to Christ means His death, which was by the shedding of blood. Therefore to plead the blood of Christ, while not a specific Biblical concept. would have the idea of pleading the benefits of the death of Christ. However, one need not specifically do such a thing. Rather we need only pray and the risen and exalted Christ will hear and plead our case as our advocate.

So just simply pray for something in Christ's name.

Comment

I've seen and heard people 'plead the blood' over anything and everything, as if it is some kind of magic formula, or some mystical substance with magical powers to keep the boogy man away. As such, it is completely unbiblical.
                The idea, I think, comes from the fact that the blood of the lamb was painted on the doorposts to keep the curse of death entering the home back when Moses brought the Israelites out of Egypt, and again, in the tabernacle, when the blood of the lamb was sprinkled on the corners of the altar and the ark, and even on the priests. But in all those cases, the blood spoke of the death of the innocent. In the OT, the blood of the lamb pointed straight to the blood of Christ, and to His death. It is his death that protects us from the curse of death. It is His death that redeems us and frees us from our just punishment of death.
                In every case in the Bible where the blood of the lamb, or the blood of Christ, is referenced, it is speaking of Christ's death.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post
                  I would say what you want to your friend and not worry about it. Satan is ONE spirit...he isn't omni-present, not in two places at one time, he isn't YHWH's equal, dark equal, nothing like that. If you walk upright before YHWH, are humble before Him and obediant to His will....you are IN His name. You don't have to SAY the name to be in it, you don't need to plead blood...you are already operating under His authority. In addition, you are a child of the Most High. I think there is enough supporting scripture to say, "God looks out for His own!"

Peace.
                  Ken

Comment

Working...
                  X