Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why You Do Not Understand Job

7 FALSE PREMISES

1. False premise that Job suffered without cause.

2. False premise that God said the speech of the three friends was untrue.

3. False premise that salvation is different in the Old Testament then in the New Testament.

4. False premise that if Job had died at the end of the second chapter he would have had salvation.

5. False premise that Elihu was a rash young man.

6. False premise that Behemoth was after the order of the animal kingdom.

7. False premise that Leviathan was after the order of the animal Kingdom.

You need to put the commentaries down and read the Book.

3. False premise that salvation is different in the Old Testament then in the New Testament.
    I haven't encountered too many people who think this.

Now that you've started the thread and imply that you know the truth to seven "false premises," so... what are the answers to these?
    To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post

Now that you've started the thread and imply that you know the truth to seven "false premises," so... what are the answers to these?
      markedward hi

If salvation in the Old Testament is the same as the New Testament where is your scripture that shows that Job accepted God's righteousness for his salvation?

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post

markedward if I answered all seven at one time, it would be the whole book of Job. It has been my experience that most people do not see salvation the same way in the Old Testament, but since you picked one of the premises that you agree with, you would be better able to pick a time in the Book of Job, where Job actually gets saved.

In Jesus Christ.

Comment

Job 42:4-6 (King James Version)
          4) Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. 5) I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. 6) Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

dht
          Last edited by dhtraveler; Dec 1st 2007, 12:18 AM. Reason: was not long enough

Comment

Originally posted by dhtraveler View Post
            Job 42:4-6 (King James Version)
            4) Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me. 5) I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. 6) Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.
            dht
            dhtraveler HI

In my opinion, whatever that is worth, you receive a 100%, but then you are in a minority.

Is there anything you disagree with?

In Jesus Christ, terrell

Comment

I am not sure about number 6 & 7 because I do not think anyone can be sure on these two.

bht

unless maybe you know something I don't?

Comment

I am not sure about number 6 & 7 because I do not think anyone can be sure on these two.

bht

dhtraveler just spent an hour typing up reply and lost it. Will try again.

Comment

Originally posted by tgallison View Post
                  If salvation in the Old Testament is the same as the New Testament where is your scripture that shows that Job accepted God's righteousness for his salvation?
                  Wait a second... you say the false premise is that OT salvation is different than NT salvation. I made a statement that most people agree that that is a false premise... so why are you questioning me about the true premise? I didn't say I agree with the false premise itself... I said that I and most people agree that the premise is false.
                  To This Day

Comment

bht

dhtraveler will try to answer

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepth upon the earth."

Genesis 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fow. of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea, into your hand are they delivered."

The only difference between these two verses is that sin and death entered into the world and Noah was told to eat the animals.

God is not the author of confusion. Man was given dominion over the animals. The beast and the dragon in Job are not a crocodile and a hippopotamus. Man was give dominion over them, and that has never changed.

Comment

Behemoth

Job 40:19 "He is chief of the ways of God he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him." Definitely not a hippopotamus.

Leviathan

Job 41:10 "None is fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me? Definitely not a crocodile. I have seen a fella wrestle one of them.

Comment

So what i see you saying is that the Behemoth, and the Leviathin are not the hippo and crocodile. But where do you get the idea that they are not of the animal kingdom?

Like I said, I do not know, or if anyone can know what they are. But to say what they are not is equally unknowable. God's word does not give us a clear indication what they are or are not.

bht
                        Last edited by dhtraveler; Dec 1st 2007, 03:21 AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Before God questions Job about Satan he says to Job, Job 40:10 Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency, and array thyself with glory and beauty." And then he says, Job 40:12 "Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low, and tread down the wicked in their place." Is not this a picture of Satan? Is not he arrayed in glory and beauty.

Ezekiel 28:12 "Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD, Thou sealest up the , full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. (13) Thou hast been in the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of the tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created." No earthly king has been in the garden of Eden.

Comment

Behemoth

Job 40:19 "He is chief of the ways of God he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him." Definitely not a hippopotamus.

Leviathan

Job 41:10 "None is fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me? Definitely not a crocodile. I have seen a fella wrestle one of them.
                            All you're doing, in this case, is countering commonviews held by people who haven't researched the Bible enough.

Some people think that the "behemoth" and "leviathan" could be dinosaurs (and there is a ton of evidence to support this view). Just because they aren't crocodiles and hippos doesn't mean they weren't real creatures at all.
                            To This Day

Comment

No earthly king has been in the garden of Eden.
                              And there isn't really a beast walking the earth with seven heads and ten horns. Symbolism.
                              To This Day

Comment

Working...
                              X